Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah, they can have Dewberry and Harris if we can have Perkins and a Stewart flip.  Plus the 2 more OL we are going to get to commit.  

If I had to chose I'd say Harris and Perkins.  we need all the help on D we can get.

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I get that you operate in some fantasy world where freshmen can automatically come in and completely turn a 5-7 program into a dominating football team, but it’s possible it will take a little time for this group to grow into its potential. Having 10 wins as a minimal expectation a year after losing to Kansas, at home, is really fucking stupid. Could it happen? Hell yeah, but setting the bar there isn’t fair to anyone.

It’s not about freshmen. 
Ewers will have had a full 12 months as a collegiate athlete. We will get another WR or two in the portal. We will get at least 1 OL in the portal. Everyone we wanted to come back on defense came back. 
we have a returning Frehman All American WR and a heisman caliber JR RB. The big 12 has gotten a lot worse due to coaching losses and graduation this off-season. 
To act like 10 wins is a stretch goal rather than what should be an expectation is pure, uncut, unadulterated bullshit. Pull you big girl panties up. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SAHorn said:

My business partners are Aggies who were gloating about the Evan Stewart commitment a few weeks back.  I would love nothing more than to flip him. Can’t he see Demas vs Worthy? Why would Steward want to be an Aggie? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you work on a farm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, SAHorn said:

My business partners are Aggies who were gloating about the Evan Stewart commitment a few weeks back.  I would love nothing more than to flip him. Can’t he see Demas vs Worthy? Why would Steward want to be an Aggie? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

I hope you have a backup plan for your business. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not about freshmen. 
Ewers will have had a full 12 months as a collegiate athlete. We will get another WR or two in the portal. We will get at least 1 OL in the portal. Everyone we wanted to come back on defense came back. 
we have a returning Frehman All American WR and a heisman caliber JR RB. The big 12 has gotten a lot worse due to coaching losses and graduation this off-season. 
To act like 10 wins is a stretch goal rather than what should be an expectation is pure, uncut, unadulterated bullshit. Pull you big girl panties up. 

10 is a good guess -- where I'd put my money -- but not the floor unless we get some badass motherfucking starter transfers on D. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not about freshmen. 

Usually it takes till summer and the $9.95ers feeding us nothing but sunshine but I guess with this weekends haul it on.

kool-aid-wall.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

This is your one shot Tommy Brockermeyer!!  Transfer now or forever hold your regret.

Fuck the Brocks.

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not about freshmen. 

1. I’m sure hoping for more than one portal OL.

2. We? I’m disappointed most of the guys you’re referring to on defense are coming back. Several retuning upperclassmen sucked this year and I was hoping it was the last time we’d see them in the Texas uniform. Just goes to show how far we have to go if they’re being retained.

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

10 is a good guess -- where I'd put my money -- but not the floor unless we get some badass motherfucking starter transfers on D. 

I didn’t say that was the floor for wins. Nor that I was even expecting that we would do it. I said it should be the floor for what’s acceptable for next year with this roster against that schedule (absent obvious circumstances that change that calculus like key injuries etc),  it some sort of hard to conceive of stretch goal. 
Bama is a loss. 
OU lost their entire infrastructure. 
OSU lost their SR QB and the best D coordinator  they ever had. 
Baylor lost their entire team. 
Iowa State lost their SR QB
losing to more than 1 of those teams (other than Bama) under these circumstances really really really should not be acceptable (again, absent other circumstances). 
Do i believe in Texas ability to step on its own dick and not get it done?  Absolutely!  But that shouldn’t change what the metrics for a successful season should be. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

Floor for next year is 10-2. Calling it now.

I think we were a nine win team if Casey hadn't busted up his hand and subsequently, his confidence.

I really, really hope he stays for next year because if he's healed up, he'll be a crazy good live-game QB to have on the team.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I didn’t say that was the floor for wins. Nor that I was even expecting that we would do it. I said it should be the floor for what’s acceptable for next year with this roster against that schedule (absent obvious circumstances that change that calculus like key injuries etc),  it some sort of hard to conceive of stretch goal. 
Bama is a loss. 
OU lost their entire infrastructure. 
OSU lost their SR QB and the best D coordinator  they ever had. 
Baylor lost their entire team. 
Iowa State lost their SR QB
losing to more than 1 of those teams (other than Bama) under these circumstances really really really should not be acceptable (again, absent other circumstances). 
Do i believe in Texas ability to step on its own dick and not get it done?  Absolutely!  But that shouldn’t change what the metrics for a successful season should be. 

Every team you listed is better coached than Texas until proven otherwise. Enjoy your kool aid. You should have plenty to drink since a number of us have had our fill. This is a great start no doubt. But right now I am hoping Sark can win more than he loses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Fuck the Brocks.

1. I’m sure hoping for more than one portal OL.

2. We? I’m disappointed most of the guys you’re referring to on defense are coming back. Several retuning upperclassmen sucked this year and I was hoping it was the last time we’d see them in the Texas uniform. Just goes to show how far we have to go if they’re being retained.

By we I meant the Texas staff. If sark wanted Jamison or Overshawn or Coburn gone they’d have been gone. 
I think that we get two starting OL from the portal but if we only get 1 I think we will be ok with Banks against most of our schedule. 
mid all the freshmen coming in I’m only really counting on 1 OL to be a big contributor/starter type and Evan Stewart if he were to sign. 
this is all about what’s going on in the portal with Ewers and the 5 or 8 other guys who are going to join him. Mmaybe it’s not Banks that comes in and contributes in a positive way right away and it’s Campbell instead (can’t imagine it will be Wiliams or Agbo). We have 3 or 4 guys on the OL who are playable easily (hell, even jones would likely be a positive player at guard I bet) and the talent level just got a shitload higher in that room. 
I assume there is help coming on the headsets on the defensive side of the ball  if not then that’s a huge wasted opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think some of you are going to be massively disappointed with the record next season if you’re thinking 10 wins because of 1 great class. I think we will be good by the end of the year but it’s going to be gradual improvement week to week. The Big 12 was also down this year and we went 5-7 with a loss to freaking Kansas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I get that you operate in some fantasy world where freshmen can automatically come in and completely turn a 5-7 program into a dominating football team, but it’s possible it will take a little time for this group to grow into its potential. Having 10 wins as a minimal expectation a year after losing to Kansas, at home, is really fucking stupid. Could it happen? Hell yeah, but setting the bar there isn’t fair to anyone.

I agree it's hard for a freshman to make a big impact; just look at Colt, Hunter Lawrence, Peyton Manning, Jake Fromm, James Winston, Dan Marino, Johnny Manziel, the list goes on.  It just takes time 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jinx said:

Every team you listed is better coached than Texas until proven otherwise. Enjoy your kool aid. You should have plenty to drink since a number of us have had our fill. This is a great start no doubt. But right now I am hoping Sark can win more than he loses. 

Like I said- I don’t underestimate our ability to fuck up. But that was in response to a guy who said blah blah blah- it’s the year after next year that’s our year. My point was- no way. If its not done next year it will be because the coaching staff didn’t get it done and they need to be gone. We are saying the same thing in that context. 

3 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I think some of you are going to be massively disappointed with the record next season if you’re thinking 10 wins because of 1 great class. I think we will be good by the end of the year but it’s going to be gradual improvement week to week. The Big 12 was also down this year and we went 5-7 with a loss to freaking Kansas. 

Offseason kool-aid started flowing extremely early this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

If I didn't need to give all my free money to a Cousin who lost her Husband and has nine adopted children (plus three naturally birthed kids), with 2/3 of them having special needs... I'd be a Burnt Ends guy.

I hate to ask but will anyway, did he kill himself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting