Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch gets an assist on point 2 for his first round pick money tweet

Look...Luicci is a piece of shit with an agenda.  We know exactly who he is and why he does what he does.

Fat fucking Ketch is the one who posted first round money which was Luicci leeched onto and turned into $4 million. 

Do I think Luicci has an in with whomever is putting the package together behind the scenes at UT assuming there is someone?  Fuck no.

Do I think Luicci has an in with the Ewers family?  Fuck no.

Do I think someone at Aggie was floated the money amount as a means to start a bidding war and up the package for Ewers?  That would be entirely possible if Aggie didn't pull out well before the $4 million dollar tweet by publicly announcing we got our guy in Weigman and they aren't interested in Ewers.  

So in summation - it was Ketch the entire time.  He is 100% responsible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Flipping Stewart would obviously be awesome - but I'm more than okay with focusing our WR recruiting efforts on the plethora of talent that is currently in and will be available in the portal post bowl games.

Best case scenario is that we get Stewart but that we also end up with an uber-productive WR from the portal. 

That kid from Virginia Tech or one of the FCS stars looking to make a step up would look great in this offense.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is what I am most curious about.  Does Ewers have some long coat tails to bring in WR talent.  Maybe his coat tails have already been on display and that is why the O lineman have been committing already.  We will see in the next few days hopefully.

Stewart and Ewers are long time work out buddies. Chemistry is already there, and Ewers will be leading a high powered offense with a pre-season heisman candidate and an all american soph wr opposite him. it's an easy sell.

1 minute ago, deech said:

Look...Luicci is a piece of shit with an agenda.  We know exactly who he is and why he does what he does.

Fat fucking Ketch is the one who posted first round money which was Luicci leeched onto and turned into $4 million. 

Do I think Luicci has an in with whomever is putting the package together behind the scenes at UT assuming there is someone?  Fuck no.

Do I think Luicci has an in with the Ewers family?  Fuck no.

Do I think someone at Aggie was floated the money amount as a means to start a bidding war and up the package for Ewers?  That would be entirely possible if Aggie didn't pull out well before the $4 million dollar tweet by publicly announcing we got our guy in Weigman and they aren't interested in Ewers.  

So in summation - it was Ketch the entire time.  He is 100% responsible.

I mean, Luicci also said that Ewers wanted to play at A&M but that it wasn't an option for him - so he's clearly delusional, full of shit, and an A++++ grifter.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is what I am most curious about.  Does Ewers have some long coat tails to bring in WR talent.  Maybe his coat tails have already been on display and that is why the O lineman have been committing already.  We will see in the next few days hopefully.

who the fuck needs coattails when you have that mullet? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Stewart and Ewers are long time work out buddies. Chemistry is already there, and Ewers will be leading a high powered offense with a pre-season heisman candidate and an all american soph wr opposite him. it's an easy sell.

All of that versus the alleged $300K from Aggy.  Dumb question but can a player that signs a big NIL deal pay other players with that money or is that against NCAA rules.  Just wondering if a QB got a million dollar deal and decided to give $100K to a WR to come play with him would that be allowed.  I know, I know no kid is giving up that kind of money but I was just wondering what the future of NIL may look like if kids start paying other kids if they get crazy money.

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Players want to be a part of a group of other great players. This seemed to be a big factor in aggy closing well, Harris is probably a good example. They were throwing bags but their class was shaping up to be epic because all the top players were wanting/pressured to play together. 

Ewers changes all that. He's a transcendental QB. Players know this. Hence the shift and buzz on our recruiting.

edit: That and the awesome effort by folks, especially on here, with NIL. That is a major game changer. 

Edited by crash_davis

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I certainly get this sentiment. Having had to decide between skipping meals and gas money, I can’t personally get irritated by anyone not able or willing to put into BE or something like it. It does piss me off when those folks start making demands of the rest of us, though. 

Would this be a bad time to ask why you haven't contributed to a DB and WR fund to help us land Harris, Perkins and Stewart?

hide GIF

• Haha 1

If Harris indeeds commits to aggy, I'm sure Nahline will then yell at his members about them not reading the tea leaves/hints he was trying to give out telling them this was going to be the outcome.

He does it all the time.. He's not wrong, we are the ones that were wrong for not interpreting  things clearly lol.

Also, if Stewart goes on and has an ok season..(50 catches?), with the SEC transfer rule.. he may end up in Austin anyways in '23

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

Had to go look up Phaizon. Dude is uncommmited and probably ends up at Arky if that offer is committable.

He's the one that kept including Bama in his top 3 and posting pictures in Bama gear.

Saban probably fired a merchandising staffer for allowing gear to get in his hands.

48 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

E02B1E71-5F9A-49C7-AD09-4CB29A139053.jpeg

You have my all time favorite avatar. It’s going to get me in trouble at work or home one day. It is either orgasmically hypnotic or hypnotically orgasmic-I can’t decide. 

oh and I hope we can land Harris, but I am more than happy with QB and linemen. 

Edited by Marcusshelton

IT Scoop:

By: Gerry, Justin, and Eric

Over the last 48 hours, Texas landed three big-time targets for 2022 in QB Quinn Ewers, OT Kelvin Banks, and OT Cam Williams.

Steve Sarkisian and his staff have put together an impressive recruiting run recently and it’s not over yet. Who knows, maybe it turns into a three-day weekend.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: While many of his offensive linemates were mulling a February decision, Campbell knew he wanted to do this as soon as possible. After being courted by the nation's best over the last two seasons, the On3 five-star could be closer to an announcement.

Originally set for a Wednesday signing Under Armour game announcement, we feel the 6-foot-3, 315-pound offensive bully might do it sooner.

Campbell flirted with last-minute trips to Georgia and USC, but ultimately decided he'd seen enough of the college visit scene. Nobody in this cycle visited Austin more than Mr. Campbell and now we wait to see if all the hard work Kyle Flood, Jeff Banks, and Steve Sarkisian put in will pay off. UT continues to look solid for the future all-conference athlete. OU keeping Bill Bedenbaugh helped, but we don't believe it'll be enough.

On3 Consensus 5-star OT and new Texas commit Kelvin Banks (Humble, Texas/Summer Creek) was predicting to someone very close to him that Campbell would end up at Texas. Banks was predicting that while committed to Oregon.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm (Little Elm, TX) (OHIO STATE) - 2022: This continues to be a pursuit we're carefully monitoring. One of the nation's top corners is committed to Ohio State, but after the defensive coaching staff changes, Brooks and crew are weighing their options.

Brooks was a maybe to visit Texas A&M and UT over the weekend, but decided to stay home. There was news yesterday that Ryan Day might be approached by the Chicago Bears for a position, but this recruitment hinges on Kerry Coombs. Brooks is big on relationships and development, so Ohio State potentially losing Coombs would have a massive effect on keeping Brooks in the fold.

Texas is staying the course, and after Sarkisian's in-home recently, the Horns are primed to pounce if the Buckeyes don’t hold onto Coombs.

The Brooks family talked to Ohio State head coach Ryan Day, and members of the Texas staff Sunday. Mike Elko leaving for Duke took the Aggies out of the running just as they were making up ground.

CB Xavion Brice, Seguin (Arlington, TX) (OU) - 2022: One of the official visitors in Austin made the rounds, and really enjoyed the trip, he tells IT. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound On3 four-star cornerback is still pledged to the Sooners, but the Longhorns and Red Raiders have jumped into the mix.

"I had a great time in Austin," said Brice, about the weekend excursion.

After wanting to wait until signing day in February, he's decided he'll announce his future school on Wednesday. It's down to Texas, OU, and Texas Tech. We'll continue to monitor this recruitment as well as others that might affect it, namely Brooks and Denver Harris.

ATH Savion Red, Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX) - 2022: The former SMU pledge made his way to Austin for his official visit over the weekend. Red has been smitten with UT since his in-home visit with Jeff Banks and subsequent offer. Texas likes the 5-foot-11, 210-pound three-star at running back, where his speed and toughness might best translate. A source close to Red feels he'll make his decision on Wednesday's national signing day. UT certainly leads here, and if they pass on Winter Park (FL) RB Terrance Gibbs, it's because they prefer Red.

On the subject of Gibbs, it was slightly less than 50-50 Sunday afternoon that the Longhorns would move on the Sunshine State running back coming off of serious injury. This is changing hourly, but that is where things were on Sunday. He’s just not the same athlete he was before his injury.

DB Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (Ponchatoula, LA) - 2022: IT is closely monitoring whether the On3 Consensus five-star will decide this week or push his decision to February. If he does announce this week, there is enough noise on the UT side that we’re paying attention to the potential decision. Mathews has been all over the map throughout the cycle, so don’t get your hopes up, but if we’re discussing potential shockers, this is one.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2022: The Texas coaches had their in-home visit on Friday night and by all accounts it was a great visit. Optimism was on UT’s side Saturday, with the bulk of communication between the Harris’ and UT, rather than the Harris’ and A&M. When word spread of the Harris’ visiting College Statson on Sunday it was justified to have a sinking feeling, but the Harris’ aren’t prone to make a knee-jerk decision. Keep in mind Harris has been recruited since he was a freshman and Wednesday will be the first time he’ll make a commitment. As of now, a decision has not been made. Both Texas and A&M are still pushing hard. LSU is out, and as of this morning, Alabama is officially out. Obviously with no decision having been made it’s impossible to know for sure who Harris will sign with, but IT wouldn’t change its official prediction of Texas. We don’t want to double down on that prediction or reverse course without a very strong feeling one way or the other. This is the recruitment we’re tracking the closest right now so stay tuned.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT Scoop:

By: Gerry, Justin, and Eric

Over the last 48 hours, Texas landed three big-time targets for 2022 in QB Quinn Ewers, OT Kelvin Banks, and OT Cam Williams.

Steve Sarkisian and his staff have put together an impressive recruiting run recently and it’s not over yet. Who knows, maybe it turns into a three-day weekend.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: While many of his offensive linemates were mulling a February decision, Campbell knew he wanted to do this as soon as possible. After being courted by the nation's best over the last two seasons, the On3 five-star could be closer to an announcement.

Originally set for a Wednesday signing Under Armour game announcement, we feel the 6-foot-3, 315-pound offensive bully might do it sooner.

Campbell flirted with last-minute trips to Georgia and USC, but ultimately decided he'd seen enough of the college visit scene. Nobody in this cycle visited Austin more than Mr. Campbell and now we wait to see if all the hard work Kyle Flood, Jeff Banks, and Steve Sarkisian put in will pay off. UT continues to look solid for the future all-conference athlete. OU keeping Bill Bedenbaugh helped, but we don't believe it'll be enough.

On3 Consensus 5-star OT and new Texas commit Kelvin Banks (Humble, Texas/Summer Creek) was predicting to someone very close to him that Campbell would end up at Texas. Banks was predicting that while committed to Oregon.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm (Little Elm, TX) (OHIO STATE) - 2022: This continues to be a pursuit we're carefully monitoring. One of the nation's top corners is committed to Ohio State, but after the defensive coaching staff changes, Brooks and crew are weighing their options.

Brooks was a maybe to visit Texas A&M and UT over the weekend, but decided to stay home. There was news yesterday that Ryan Day might be approached by the Chicago Bears for a position, but this recruitment hinges on Kerry Coombs. Brooks is big on relationships and development, so Ohio State potentially losing Coombs would have a massive effect on keeping Brooks in the fold.

Texas is staying the course, and after Sarkisian's in-home recently, the Horns are primed to pounce if the Buckeyes don’t hold onto Coombs.

The Brooks family talked to Ohio State head coach Ryan Day, and members of the Texas staff Sunday. Mike Elko leaving for Duke took the Aggies out of the running just as they were making up ground.

CB Xavion Brice, Seguin (Arlington, TX) (OU) - 2022: One of the official visitors in Austin made the rounds, and really enjoyed the trip, he tells IT. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound On3 four-star cornerback is still pledged to the Sooners, but the Longhorns and Red Raiders have jumped into the mix.

"I had a great time in Austin," said Brice, about the weekend excursion.

After wanting to wait until signing day in February, he's decided he'll announce his future school on Wednesday. It's down to Texas, OU, and Texas Tech. We'll continue to monitor this recruitment as well as others that might affect it, namely Brooks and Denver Harris.

ATH Savion Red, Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX) - 2022: The former SMU pledge made his way to Austin for his official visit over the weekend. Red has been smitten with UT since his in-home visit with Jeff Banks and subsequent offer. Texas likes the 5-foot-11, 210-pound three-star at running back, where his speed and toughness might best translate. A source close to Red feels he'll make his decision on Wednesday's national signing day. UT certainly leads here, and if they pass on Winter Park (FL) RB Terrance Gibbs, it's because they prefer Red.

On the subject of Gibbs, it was slightly less than 50-50 Sunday afternoon that the Longhorns would move on the Sunshine State running back coming off of serious injury. This is changing hourly, but that is where things were on Sunday. He’s just not the same athlete he was before his injury.

DB Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (Ponchatoula, LA) - 2022: IT is closely monitoring whether the On3 Consensus five-star will decide this week or push his decision to February. If he does announce this week, there is enough noise on the UT side that we’re paying attention to the potential decision. Mathews has been all over the map throughout the cycle, so don’t get your hopes up, but if we’re discussing potential shockers, this is one.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2022: The Texas coaches had their in-home visit on Friday night and by all accounts it was a great visit. Optimism was on UT’s side Saturday, with the bulk of communication between the Harris’ and UT, rather than the Harris’ and A&M. When word spread of the Harris’ visiting College Statson on Sunday it was justified to have a sinking feeling, but the Harris’ aren’t prone to make a knee-jerk decision. Keep in mind Harris has been recruited since he was a freshman and Wednesday will be the first time he’ll make a commitment. As of now, a decision has not been made. Both Texas and A&M are still pushing hard. LSU is out, and as of this morning, Alabama is officially out. Obviously with no decision having been made it’s impossible to know for sure who Harris will sign with, but IT wouldn’t change its official prediction of Texas. We don’t want to double down on that prediction or reverse course without a very strong feeling one way or the other. This is the recruitment we’re tracking the closest right now so stay tuned.

Wow, Nahlin still not backing down on Harris. This is gonna be his Banks 2.0 either way it goes.

The fact that two kids who grew up bleeding burnt orange and dreaming of playing at UT like Williams and Ewers would be so turned off by the coach that they would give up the dream and commit somewhere else says a lot about what a prick Herman was and the status of the roster. The addition by subtraction of that turd can’t be understated. 

edit: I believe it was Banks that grew up with Horn stuff but the point stands. 

Edited by Mitch Hedberg
  • Hook 'Em 2

Forget about playing the bag game. If our boosters really wanted to help they would hire an impersonator to pretend to be Kerry Coombs wife and go house shopping at multiple campuses in need of a DC/DB coach. Just 'accidentally' keep speaking too loud on the phone about Ohio St firing your husband. Terrance Brooks here we come!

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

"We"?

Banks and Williams have been rumored flip candidates for months. Long before NIL or or coaching changes.

Campbell has been a Texas lean the whole process.  Has NIL helped?  Yes.  Did the coaching change probably help? Yes.

But Flood is well regarded as both a coach and a recruiter.  There is nothing wrong with giving him some credit for sticking to his targets and working the recruitment.  If he had cut bait back in the summer/fall as some suggested on here neither would be coming to Texas now. 

We needed help this year with the steamy turd we laid on the field in year 1. We got just about every break would could possibly get, and we needed all of them to land some of the elite guys that we have so far. Next year, if we show big improvement, then the train will have left the station and we can recruit on our own merits again. I do expect that we will have a pretty big improvement just by getting the right guys on the field to pair with Bijan and X, and being able to stop some people more regularly than we did. 

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

People are running with that 4 number but I dont buy it. Fuck Liucci. Its classic projection. Ewers stepping into a wide open QB room under Sark's tutelage makes all the sense in the world. Meanwhile, Evan Stewart in Jimbo's offense is the worst fit imaginable. They went silly money to get him, everyone knows it.  

It's hard to understand Stewart, or any decent WR,  picking Jimbo's offense and that racist wasteland of College Station. I guess it might make sense if they give you a ton of money upfront and you and your 12 receptions can portal after a year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting