Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Different sport, but I was talking to a cousin of mine whose uncle was fired as a scout from the Astros (now with the Diamondbacks) who told me that the Astros don't have scouts anymore and strictly use analytics. It seems dumb to me, but interesting none-the -less. I could see using a computer to determine hit rates of 5 stars vs. 4 stars vs 3 stars vs 2 stars and then using that multiplier at each position group to rate teams on talent. Talent to record would be a pretty interesting comparison if proper analytics were used. Huck or whoever does the stats on this site could probably sell the data to administrators if it was robust.

I can see that. Baseball lends itself to stats way better than football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Our only hope there is that Worthy has told Evan how much he's made this year and that it significantly outweighs what Aggy is offering

So I guess Stewart commits to Aggie then deposits the cash then portals to Texas.  Gets Aggies cash and can also get Texas NIL.  Or he’s just leveraging more cash from Jimbo?

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

So I guess Stewart commits to Aggie then deposits the cash then portals to Texas.  Gets Aggies cash and can also get Texas NIL.  Or he’s just leveraging more cash from Jimbo?

I get that this is peoples fantasy and recruiting is shady and fuck the aggys. But do we really want the kind of person that would back out on an agreement like that and basically commit theft/fraud? Like at some point you want to honor your word don't you? Why would you want that kind of influence on the team?

Just now, Michael Knight said:

I get that this is peoples fantasy and recruiting is shady and fuck the aggys. But do we really want the kind of person that would back out on an agreement like that and basically commit theft/fraud? Like at some point you want to honor your word don't you? Why would you want that kind of influence on the team?

Depends on the terms of the agreement - are you paying / pressuring for a commitment on the spot? Does that commitment include staying on campus until NFL / graduation? Staggered bag delivery based on time on campus?

If you don't have a binding contract with specific terms, you play the game that your brown bag may end up over your own eyes as you're bent over a suede maroon couch.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Yes. I mean it's not going to happen but we absolutely want someone who would do that, especially to A&M. We need cold-blooded mercenaries on the roster.

Also, they are literally already participating in a crime by taking the bags. Not sure how fucking over A&M makes things worse instead of better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Anything that kills off the shady under the table bullshit faster.

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

For that kind of talent, you tend to overlook some things IMO.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s called JAQing off and that’s what this guy does here with frequency. “Hey, I’m Just Asking Questions, folks, why are all of you taking it the wrong way? Must be hiding something!?”

Its a cheap rhetorical tactic that rubes have started defaulting to in social media and political dialogue. It should get fucking crushed anytime it makes an appearance within the virtual confines of this site, IMO. 

Socrates would like to ask you a few questions about this take

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

If it screws aggy?  Sure, why not? 

16 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Are you asking me if I would have wanted Eric Dickerson?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we take 6 HS OL, I'd imagine we only grab 1 portal guy at that group.

I guess so but it's hard to count on a true freshman regular enrollee to be a good starter. Maybe 1 or 2 of the 6 can do it, but maybe not even that many. Even 5 stars have a learning curve.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This one doubly stings - according to Gerry, we backed off the uNLV LB because of Kobie's committment.

Last time I mentioned this I got jumped on by a bunch of people insisting that the UNLV kid backed off on us, not the other way around 🙄

Regardless, McKinzie's a big dude and could have easily grown out of playing LB. Passing on Windmon was a miscalculation.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think that Minnesota dude projects to IOL.

LT - Banks
LG - Dunlap/Angilau
C - Majors/Angilau
RG - Angilau/Conner/Dunlap
RT - Christian Jones

Would be a good reasonable guess, I guess. Who knows though.

Let me help you out my dude:

LT - Banks, LG - Dunlap, C - Angilau, RG - Campbell, RT - Jones/Williams

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting