Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Outside of Banks, I am in favor redshirting every other OL (including Campbell). As someone pointed out, Conner should have been afforded a redshirt year last year but it's probably good he got his feet wet a little. Conner and Angilau can hold down the two guard spots and Campbell would be in perfect position to take over when Angilau departs after the season.

Pretty sure he RS'd. You get 4 games to play before you lose it.

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy losing their entire defensive coaching staff and still landing 5 stars should tell you something is up. Also, it sounds like Santucci is probably following Elko to Duke. 

So you have Elko gone and Santucci/Rushing/Robinson all in play at other schools. 

Commit to the bag not the coach I think is the saying

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Outside of Banks, I am in favor redshirting every other OL (including Campbell). As someone pointed out, Conner should have been afforded a redshirt year last year but it's probably good he got his feet wet a little. Conner and Angilau can hold down the two guard spots and Campbell would be in perfect position to take over when Angilau departs after the season.

Yeah I think we still need 2 transfer OLs. Most of the freshman won't be ready yet. I'm not ready to write Dunlap in as an improvement either. Guy didn't start at MN, what makes us think he's the answer?

Ideally we end up with.. Transfer LT - Angilau - Transfer C (UVA guy?) - Conner - Banks

11 minutes ago, OB3 said:

3 man line would be interesting but I guess it couldn’t get any worse than what we had this year

LOL.  accidently hit submit, but you know, I think that's what we did last year.  Think of how well we'll play this year with all 5 lineman.

Assuming no portal lineman, LT Banks LG Hayden C Angilau RG Campbell RT Jones doesn't look bad.  I'd love to grab the UVA center and/or finally have the Brocks portal back home but we'll see after Wed. 

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I get that this is peoples fantasy and recruiting is shady and fuck the aggys. But do we really want the kind of person that would back out on an agreement like that and basically commit theft/fraud? Like at some point you want to honor your word don't you? Why would you want that kind of influence on the team?

I don't know. Do you like Quinn Ewers committing to Texas? Because he just did the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since I don’t understand the inner workings of the bag game, wonder if there’s still room for movement and if coaching changes can make another school’s bag offer look more appealing, or if you are locked in at some point prior to signing. 

I don't think there are rules so it just depends on the arrangement. I am sure it is probably something like, here is X dollars now, we will give you Y dollars when you commit, and Z dollars when you sign. The player could always cut and run with no real consequences besides leaving the remaining money on the table.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since I don’t understand the inner workings of the bag game, wonder if there’s still room for movement and if coaching changes can make another school’s bag offer look more appealing, or if you are locked in at some point prior to signing. 

I think their ace in the hole is to invite the family and pay off one of the parents or family member, and then go from there.  Whenever a parent states they like aggy it's not because of the program history, university, town, culture and now coaching uncertainty because that's all cringeworthy. They then continue paying and keeping tabs through the parent.  NIL will make this aspect difficult for Texas, although it does mean a larger player payout and broader avenues down the road.    

16 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Zeus is an asshole. He made Prometheus roll a fucking rock up a mountain over and over again for all eternity. Zeus is second only to Ketch for worst ever. 

It was Sisyphus who had to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top, repeating this action for eternity.  Regarding Prometheus, Zeus chained him on a mountain and an eagle ate his liver each day only for him to be resurrected the next day to continue the cycle.

image.png.2ca8646785f1ea80d9e4a4435aeabee7.png

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Harrison Stafford said:

It was Sisyphus who had to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top, repeating this action for eternity.  Regarding Prometheus, Zeus chained him on a mountain and an eagle ate his liver each day only for him to be resurrected the next day to continue the cycle.

Yeah for providing humans with fire, correct?

1 minute ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Someone didn't read the thread...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

zeus deal with it GIF

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Isn't Elijah Robinson potentially expected to join Elko as a DC in some capactiy?

Elko said he's going to pull some guys he's worked with (no names specifically at this point) but that it would not happen until after signing day and might be a while.

Two things  I would think are holding Robinson up - 1) Temple HC job being filled by someone else and 2) aggy naming a DC that is not him.  If both those happen I could see Robinson going with Elko.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting