Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s really weird to me he’s still shipping Harris to UT. It ain’t happening Eric. If it does he has info that absolutely nobody else does. Skipping Austin and hitting up college station this weekend was just a blinking neon sign. 

I don't see it either but he's the one that called Banks signing early. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s really weird to me he’s still shipping Harris to UT. It ain’t happening Eric. If it does he has info that absolutely nobody else does. Skipping Austin and hitting up college station this weekend was just a blinking neon sign. 

he called the second half of the banks recruitment better than anyone in the industry. he went against everyone and was right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ha.  Love the enthusiasm.  I'm still from Missouri.

And that’s fair. But you can’t tell me 10 wins next year with this roster is a stretch goal. If so then we really really really have the wrong staff and there’s no reason to believe they will be able to change it. 

5 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Our talent is all going to be underclassmen except Bijan. OU is still going to have talent around to be a player. Until we actually beat down Iowa State, I’m not counting that as a win either. I would say there’s going to be one more wtf game in there somewhere. 2023 is the year. 

If this group can’t win 10 next year there’s nothing they will be able to do in 23, after Bijan is gone, to make that the year. It’s now or never. 
I said I’d give this staff 2 months to convince me there was some chance they could get it right and they did so in 2 weeks with a big assist from the NIL guys and Ewers. They need to not fuck up the defensive reorg and then ruthlessly weed out guys that don’t want to play football this winter/spring. If they can’t do that now they won’t be able to do it later. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

And that’s fair. But you can’t tell me 10 wins next year with this roster is a stretch goal. If so then we really really really have the wrong staff and there’s no reason to believe they will be able to change it. 

I think the jury is still very much out on this staff except Flood. I don’t feel good about any level of the defensive staff at the moment. Combine that with a young roster and I don’t think that’s a recipe for 10 wins. I think 8-4 with massive improvement throughout the season should be the expectation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Zeus is an asshole. He made Prometheus roll a fucking rock up a mountain over and over again for all eternity. Zeus is second only to Ketch for worst ever. 

Well no. That was sysiphus. Prometheus he chained to a mountain to have birds peck at his liver forever. 

• Hook 'Em 4

there are a few/couple of folks on the staff that could/should be upgraded a lot, IMO.  We got beat by Kansas AT HOME.  Charlie/Tom/Sark have worn me out.

I'm done predicting wins.  I just want to see them.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Zeus is an asshole. He made Prometheus roll a fucking rock up a mountain over and over again for all eternity. Zeus is second only to Ketch for worst ever. 

That was Sisyphus.  Prometheus had it even worse with the eagle eating his liver every day.  

But yes, Zeus was definitely a top shelf asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Tron said:

That was Sisyphus.  Prometheus had it even worse with the eagle eating his liver every day.  

But yes, Zeus was definitely a top shelf asshole.

Yep, you're absolutely correct. Appreciate the correction, sir. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Evan just liked a  D Brown tweet too. Saying "Welcome home, We aint done yet"

Evan Stewart seems like a real asshole with all his liking our tweets but being at aggy and not coming up for the big weekend. But, if he flips, he will be my favorite recruit ever for jerking around aggy, taking their money and bailing. 
this is all in jest. If he goes to aggy I’m not mad it him or anything, just sad for him. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting