Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No matter how much aggy paid, we can all rest easy knowing they'll fuck it up and continue to be Texas Average and Mediocre. They're literally too stupid and shitty to do anything with the talent they bought. Jimbo is a shitty HC, and they were still average with Elko, who's now gone. It sucks because teams who have actually won championships could have used those kids, but oh well. They can go be 8-4 in BCS. Kids are stupid. 

This is a good thing imo. Weakens the competition in case we decide to stop sucking.

• Like 1

This is an SMU type FU to the NCAA and the rules for dropping bags. I have never heard of this many guys committing to a defense they don’t know or coaches not hired yet. The only thing that would change that is cold hard cash. I cannot wait for the implosion when these guys don’t play and don’t like the defense. Jimbo has gone all in with off suited non connectors. He will die before the river 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

This is an SMU type FU to the NCAA and the rules for dropping bags. I have never heard of this many guys committing to a defense they don’t know or coaches not hired yet. The only thing that would change that is cold hard cash. I cannot wait for the implosion when these guys don’t play and don’t like the defense. Jimbo has gone all in with off suited non connectors. He will die before the river 

A lot of mouths to feed. It just takes one malcontent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Perkins signed with Aggy in December. Brian Kelly never spoke with him despite being a “finalist”. And IT hasn’t bothered with a Perkins update in a few weeks. 

he says he’s still gonna take visits. if he does he hasn’t signed. 

25 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Totally normal for a bunch of 5 star defensive recruits to commit to a program with no defensive coordinator. 

Think about it this way.  The only other school with more than one 5 star commitment is Alabama which has 3 of them.  A&M now has 5 with I believe 3 more possible so they could finish with 8 5 star players.  Once again, no other school other than AL has more than one.  It makes total sense that A&M would out recruit schools like Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, etc….what with that championship winning tradition in College Station.  What pisses me off most about this is that the NCAA will do nothing about it at all.  At this point Jimbo could come out on National TV and say “Damn right we paid players to come here, millions in fact, and none of you can do a damn thing about it”, and nothing would happen.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

A lot of mouths to feed. It just takes one malcontent. 

Dewberry and Taylor have been telling everyone they got deals. It pissed off some kids. You can thank that for us getting Banks. No one cares about keeping secrets because no one will do anything. Most of these kids won’t talk next year because they want to keep getting other offers. 

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Think about it this way.  The only other school with more than one 5 star commitment is Alabama which has 3 of them.  A&M now has 5 with I believe 3 more possible so they could finish with 8 5 star players.  Once again, no other school other than AL has more than one.  It makes total sense that A&M would out recruit schools like Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, etc….what with that championship winning tradition in College Station.  What pisses me off most about this is that the NCAA will do nothing about it at all.  At this point Jimbo could come out on National TV and say “Damn right we paid players to come here, millions in fact, and none of you can do a damn thing about it”, and nothing would happen.  

Not according to composite,

aggy has 6, Bama 3, UGA 5, UNC 2, LSU 2, fOSU 2

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Jimbo pretty much already said that on early signing day.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

Jimbo pretty much already said that on early signing day.  

How in the blue fuck do Kirby and Jimbo get a $SEC-free pass to drop bags everywhere and keep the heat off them from Birmingham, but the minute Hugh Freeze tried getting it rolling in Oxford, he got slapped down and ran off?

Is there some sort of lifetime access only Saban assistants are granted?  If so, will Miami return to 'convicts' era ball soon?

Watched most of the UA game.

Banks seemed to play every snap for his team at RT, gave up one sack where the defender looked offsides (it was close so if not, perfect jump), maybe 1-2 other pressures, but otherwise was basically a brick wall. Overall impressive imo given he was playing RT instead of his usual LT.

Campbell looked good. Hope he really has signed here (or does).

Neto got beat quite a few times at LT/RT. Several of those pressures were to Finkley.

Finkley looked good, pretty frequent pressures but no sacks.

That's all I really noticed from our guys. Elsewhere, no one really stood out a lot. Maybe Luther Burden. Aggy guys didn't do too much either. Weigman looked pretty good but had a dropped INT. Stewart had 2 drops, not sure if any catches at all. Marshall caught several but also had a drop. Bobby Taylor dropped that giftwrapped INT from Weigman and probably gave up the most yards of any DB in the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

How in the blue fuck do Kirby and Jimbo get a $SEC-free pass to drop bags everywhere and keep the heat off them from Birmingham, but the minute Hugh Freeze tried getting it rolling in Oxford, he got slapped down and ran off?
Is there some sort of lifetime access only Saban assistants are granted?  If so, will Miami return to 'convicts' era ball soon?

aggy: we’re going to vote yea but we’re not happy on letting the sips in. Anything you can do since we’re loyal SEC’ers? Anything?
SECSEC: ok, we’ll look the other way during recruiting and won’t ole Miss you.
aggy: deal, arms’ race is on circa 1939. We’ll show the sips who’s SEC boss in Texas.
SEC: (to self) lol, we no longer have any use for these fucks. Hope they get the death penalty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Nolen

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Banks seemed to play every snap for his team at RT, gave up one sack where the defender looked offsides (it was close so if not, perfect jump), maybe 1-2 other pressures, but otherwise was basically a brick wall. Overall impressive imo given he was playing RT instead of his usual LT.

Neto got beat quite a few times at LT/RT. Several of those pressures were to Finkley.

That's all I really noticed from our guys. Elsewhere, no one really stood out a lot. Maybe Luther Burden. Aggy guys didn't do too much either. Weigman looked pretty good but had a dropped INT. Stewart had 2 drops, not sure if any catches at all. Marshall caught several but also had a drop. Bobby Taylor dropped that giftwrapped INT from Weigman and probably gave up the most yards of any DB in the game. 

Nolen didn’t pop off at all?

Even if the SEC/NCAA don't bust Aggy, this class isn't going to be replicable because now other teams know what they're up against. That Bama/UGA bag budget will likely expand enormously to keep up. I think they were all caught off guard this cycle.

Of course that also ignores the impact of legal NIL, which has been discussed plenty here already.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Walter Nolan looked good (gag)

4 hours ago, MH BEVO said:

The people around these players figure out their value pretty early. There’s a lot of grooming that happens there after. There are way more stories out there of former NFL players going broke from leeching family members than that of Tyron Smith cutting off his mom. 

The video of Waddle when he got drafted. All the people at his table went crazy. Grabbing for him. He stood up. Looked straight ahead. And walked away from all of them. 

I think he will do ok. Lol

46 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Kirby knows his place in the world, don’t beat Saban and it’s all good.   Jimbo won’t win in Tuscaloosa next year, that would be a slippery slope.  

How long will aggy continue to accept 8&4 with that obscene contract?  There is a way out, for cause.   This recruiting class MNC has certainly bought him more good will with the cult, but keep losing 3 or 4 and beat Saban again?   That’s a recipe for losing $95M.  

Aggies are going all in to win a championship in the next 3 years.  They don’t give a crap about the NCAA or SEC old guards.  

1.  Felt betrayed by SEC for letting UT and OU in

2.  Capitalize on the bag games to build a big lead on UT and OU

3.  Toothless NCAA

4.  Old donors just want to see Fake Army with a national championship before they hit the coffin

However, history is on our side. They(Jimbo) will fuck it up somehow.  

22 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Kirby knows his place in the world, don’t beat Saban and it’s all good.   Jimbo won’t win in Tuscaloosa next year, that would be a slippery slope.  

How long will aggy continue to accept 8&4 with that obscene contract?  There is a way out, for cause.   This recruiting class MNC has certainly bought him more good will with the cult, but keep losing 3 or 4 and beat Saban again?   That’s a recipe for losing $95M.  

Just my guess, but aggy bag game this year had nothing to do with SEC taking UT over their objections and was driven purely by the aggy boosters, and not Jimbo.  I suspect they are also tired of 8 and 4 and basically are saying to Jimbo we're going to go all out to get you the players you should need to win a championship.  It's put up or shut up time to win on the field.  I don't personally think they intend to repeat this year's bag game year after year.  Too much risk of getting exposed/turned in when in the future that money can be used on NIL efforts with no risk.

Edited by nunna yo bizness

The aggys had one goal this cycle and that was to sign the #1 class no matter what. They obviously signed some dudes but to get there they had to take any blue chip they could whether they were a character risk (CTJ alluded to this) or if they couldn't play for the next year or so due to injuries (see the CB that Georgia processed and Denver who isn't quite a 5 star anymore). These kinds of takes will backfire on them just like they did Herman's 2019 class if they fail to win big, which isn't a guarantee based on the current SEC hierarchy. 

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

At this point I want them to hire Durkin, who isn't exactly known as a players coach or particularly easy to get along with 

Plus, you know, he killed a player.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Campbell got a pancake on the first play of the game, dude is just a straight bully 

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Totally normal for a bunch of 5 star defensive recruits to commit to a program with no defensive coordinator. 

If you're implying that aggy is cheating, consider the alternative possibility that these national 5* guys are all attracted to aggy for it's impressive 8-4 record, including wins over Prairie View A&M, UNM, Kent State, Colorado, Mizzou, and South Carolina. Plus, they went 4-4 in conference play, nearly outperforming half of the teams in the SEC. And Jimbo is promising a big splash DC hire (name to be announced soon!). Yeah, that's it...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting