Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

so?  Have you seen him play lax? 

I have, ever since he showed up in Austin. There's no way he has the quickness or power to be a better athlete than Tapp or Finkley, in the way that edge rushers are evaluated as athletes.  I've also enjoyed watching the sunshine pumpers in this thread try to hype Burke up as anything more than a project take who will need several years of S&C before he even has a chance to see the field (other than ST maybe).  

Burke has been a D1 lacrosse player since he stepped on the field as a freshman.  His size is an anomaly for that game and his skills/head are top notch there. From a Longhorn perspective, I hope he becomes what folks here think he can be.  Personally, I don't think has big time college program pass rusher in him, and he's playing somewhere/thing else come fall 2024.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Mittens said:

I have, ever since he showed up in Austin. There's no way he has the quickness or power to be a better athlete than Tapp or Finkley, in the way that edge rushers are evaluated as athletes.  I've also enjoyed watching the sunshine pumpers in this thread try to hype Burke up as anything more than a project take who will need several years of S&C before he even has a chance to see the field (other than ST maybe).  

Burke has been a D1 lacrosse player since he stepped on the field as a freshman.  His size is an anomaly for that game and his skills/head are top notch there. From a Longhorn perspective, I hope he becomes what folks here think he can be.  Personally, I don't think has big time college program pass rusher in him, and he's playing somewhere/thing else come fall 2024.

I'd be a lot more concerned if there werent so many good examples of white kids from central Texas turning into elite defensive players. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Yup - I've now learned that there are at least two people in a state of 29M people that watch lacrosse. More than I expected honestly. 

Do you both drive a Subaru?

Fuck you…

There is a pretty large lacrosse following in Texas, including the team at UT…

Edited by Laxtonto
Fuck you autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Mittens said:

I don't disagree with any of what you said, except that you can't coach really long arms.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Not creepy at all

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

As the arms shorten with weight gain, can we expect the hands and/or forearms specifically to change in size (length/girth/etc.)?

I know your mom can cause changes in length/girth/etc., but not sure about weight gain. All I know is it decreases wingspan.

17 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I'd be a lot more concerned if there werent so many good examples of white kids from central Texas turning into elite defensive players. 

Brian Robison was one of the best we’ve ever had. He was a 2 sport guy (shot put or discus- can’t remember which). That dude was a freak athlete.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Brian Robison was one of the best we’ve ever had. He was a 2 sport guy (shot put or discus- can’t remember which). That dude was a freak athlete.

Fuck, here we go again with another geography debate. How in the world do you consider Splendora to be Central Texas?

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Mittens said:

designated kick blocker would be nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Fuck, here we go again with another geography debate. How in the world do you consider Splendora to be Central Texas?

True. And to make it extra crazy, BRob's mom is like 5'10" and his dad is like 5'4". Both former college athletes, as I recall.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Sounds like you set your opinion before he started seriously flashing and producing next to the top players in the state. He wasn't some lacrosse dude with measurables. He was good at football. 

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

I’d be more concerned if he didn’t have a fallback. In his case even if he doesn’t achieve success on the gridiron, at least he’ll still have the quidditch pitch. 

6 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

They also said Jaray Bledsoe is a physical and athletic freak who looks like the kind of D-linemen that UGA and Bama recruit, but who is extremely raw and has little technique or understanding of pass rushing moves and counter moves beyond an initial burst.  Mentioned he is such a small town kid that he didn’t realize he needed ID to get on a plane to fly to Florida and that’s why he was late to the practices last week.

Really hope Bledsoe gets accepted to Texas as an early enrollee.  He was not eligible to play high school football this past fall, and needs a lot of development and coaching.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Every time one of my kids makes me take some “which house at Hogwarts would you be sorted into?” quiz, I’m in Slytherin. I assume most people here would drop comfortably and quietly into Hufflepuff. 

I’m a slytherin always to my chagrin. My wife had no idea anout anything in the Harry Potter universe and she asked me what I thought she was and and I told her hufflepuff for sure. She said that sounds like an insult. I told her to take the test. Hufflepuff. And all three of my kids as well. I suppose there’s worse things in life than to be a bit dull but good natured, loyal and true. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m a slytherin always to my chagrin. My wife had no idea anout anything in the Harry Potter universe and she asked me what I thought she was and and I told her hufflepuff for sure. She said that sounds like an insult. I told her to take the test. Hufflepuff. And all three of my kids as well. I suppose there’s worse things in life than to be a bit dull but good natured, loyal and true. 

I'm a slyther into your mom 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just went and found a test on buzzfeed because of this damn thread. Ravenclaw at 37% was highest, hufflepuff lowest at 14%.  I’ll keep that next to my myers-Briggs letters so people can get to know me without my having to interact with them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Fun fact: Brian Robison played lacrosse for Splendora High School. 

Lax talked started, because I said Tapp was the best athlete Texas was bringing in on the edge. He is now taking reps at Safety in the All-Star game. That is a good indicator that he is a good athlete. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just went and found a test on buzzfeed because of this damn thread. Ravenclaw at 37% was highest, hufflepuff lowest at 14%.  I’ll keep that next to my myers-Briggs letters so people can get to know me without my having to interact with them. 

i did the same test.  32% Griff, 28% Slyth...  I am being kept from the dark side just barely.

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/accurate-af-sorting-quiz

You Are 32% Gryffindor, 29% Ravenclaw, 23% Hufflepuff, and 16% Slytherin!

2 hours ago, Mittens said:

I've also enjoyed watching the sunshine pumpers in this thread try to hype Burke up as anything more than a project take who will need several years of S&C before he even has a chance to see the field (other than ST maybe).  

This statement is pure horseshit.

People being excited about a consensus project take doesn't equate to sunshine pumpers claiming he isn't a project.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting