Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Well the douche canoe did a theatrical re-release. Specifically because Iron Man and the avengers took the top spot, and he got his panties in a twist. 

Also, it was a spectacular intro to 3D. The 3D technology was unlike anything anybody had ever seen before, and they charged almost double the normal ticket price to watch it in 3D. People flocked to just see the 3D effects, with little regard for the actual film itself.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Well the douche canoe did a theatrical re-release. Specifically because Iron Man and the avengers took the top spot, and he got his panties in a twist. 

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Disney was ok with it. Won't be surprised to see them re-release Endgame again just to watch him shit his pants. Either way the mouse wins.

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Also, it was a spectacular intro to 3D. The 3D technology was unlike anything anybody had ever seen before, and they charged almost double the normal ticket price to watch it in 3D. People flocked to just see the 3D effects, with little regard for the actual film itself.

Everything got shitty post process 3d for the next 5 years cause of it. Glad that's over

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

My wife took the kids to see the new Spider Man. They said it was great. That’s all I’ve got. 

I went to watch it with the family and some of the kid's friends at Alamo.  I know there were a ton of references I didn't get because I'm not a Marvel geek but I had seen all the Toby Mcguire Spiderman movies.  What IS annoying is my kids demanding we sit through the entire credit scroll so we can see the after scenes while the alamo employees are sweeping around your feet and otherwise making you feel you've overstayed.  They're never worth it.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Everything got shitty post process 3d for the next 5 years cause of it. Glad that's over

Yeah, those sucked.

The other shitty ones were when they actually filmed it in 3D, but there were just 4 or 5 scenes where something jumps out at the audience and then the director forgot to do anything else in 3D for the rest of the film.

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hate it because it was a terrible movie made by a terrible piece of shit hypocrite.  Cameron wins the Best Director award, gives a speech shaming everyone about climate change, and then closes it with something like "now let's go get fucking trashed" or some shit. I think I remember that right.

He's the same as every other hypocrite in Hollywood telling us how bad we should feel about shit while doing the opposite and not living up to a helpful standard. Just fucking own it, or be consistent and don't condescend. And write better scripts and get better acting out of your staff. Go back to doing shit like The Terminator or True Lies and get a sense of humor or something. He used to do amazing movies.

I let my kids watch Avatar a few months and it is laugh out loud bad in a re-watch. 

Cameron only won best director at the Golden Globes. But at the Oscars he lost best director to his ex-wife Kathryn Bigelow and he lost best picture to Bigelow's Hurt Locker.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, ousux said:

Ravenclaw here, and no..didnt take the test wilingly. Was forced by my now wife when we were dating a few years back.

So how about that aggy recruiting class huh? Seems like they got some decent players, but the imbeciles forgot the bread this time. Jimbo gonna have to go back Safeway or whatever shitty grocery they have in Collie station.

HR Puffnstuff is undefeated.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

I tend to avoid mixing people in entertainment and politics. Doing so tends to result in a laughable discussion on if we should stop listening to Led Zeppelin because he inserted fish in to underaged vaginas.

Terminator 2, Aliens, The Abyss, hell even True Lies are great movies. I thought avatar was entertaining and the best use of 3D up to this point. I hope the technology he created provides more entertainment in the future. I don't care what the guy thinks about the mRNA vaccines or if electric cars are the future. I'm going to the movie to be entertained, I'm playing the song to be entertained. My kids laughed out loud at Texas football games all year, but I'll still watch them.

I don't care what a person's politics are, frankly. Just be consistent. Own it. Cameron is the classic Kevin/Karen telling everyone what to do and then ignoring his own advice with impunity. Only beyond that, he's got a massive platform to cast his aspersions and judgments while then happily running off into the ether. I don't have an issue with people advocating as aggressively for working against climate change as possible, or with people who think it's a waste of time. None of that interests me enough to argue with someone over it. 

In any event, I'm not arguing for canceling hypocrites like James Cameron or guys like Michael Jackson. Cameron makes 4 more Avatars, I'm sure I'll give the next one a shot and go from there, even if the first was terrible. I still have multiple MJ songs on my playlist. But fuck Baylor or Penn State, my flexibility only goes so far.

56 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Someone inform the mod that the tv forum seems to somehow have become embedded in the recruiting forum

giphy.gif

There is pretty much nothing happening, and we're discussing whatever news does come up as best as we can. This has been like a fucking dead period. 

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think it was after winning for Titanic when Cameron said "Now lets go get drunk!" or whatever. After a moment of silence for everyone that died, IMO. Lulz.

Thanks for clarifying, I knew it happened at some point. The rest of my argument about the guy and the way he handled his messaging in Avatar versus how he handles himself stands, outside of the bad script/storytelling and acting. I had a better rant on it on Barking Carnival at some point right after it came out but have no clue which story it was on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Yep.  *raises hand*

I went for the effects and couldn't tell you a single thing about the plot.

The Disney ride is pretty cool, though.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

6 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I posted the Wasserman article to highlight how even the lead national recruiting reporter at the Athletic said "it's not cheating" while failing to realize that an NIL deal for a recruit is actually cheating. The value of information is limited by the ability of those to understand it, and the narrative of recruiting in large part is driven by simpletons for dullards.

I am embarrassed to admit I has a subscription to the Athletic, which was putting out some good articles at the time. I cancelled it the day they partnered with Texags and made sure they knew why I cancelled.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't care what a person's politics are, frankly. Just be consistent. Own it. Cameron is the classic Kevin/Karen telling everyone what to do and then ignoring his own advice with impunity. Only beyond that, he's got a massive platform to cast his aspersions and judgments while then happily running off into the ether. I don't have an issue with people advocating as aggressively for working against climate change as possible, or with people who think it's a waste of time. None of that interests me enough to argue with someone over it. 

In any event, I'm not arguing for canceling hypocrites like James Cameron or guys like Michael Jackson. Cameron makes 4 more Avatars, I'm sure I'll give the next one a shot and go from there, even if the first was terrible. I still have multiple MJ songs on my playlist. But fuck Baylor or Penn State, my flexibility only goes so far.

There is pretty much nothing happening, and we're discussing whatever news does come up as best as we can. This has been like a fucking dead period. 

Thanks for clarifying, I knew it happened at some point. The rest of my argument about the guy and the way he handled his messaging in Avatar versus how he handles himself stands, outside of the bad script/storytelling and acting. I had a better rant on it on Barking Carnival at some point right after it came out but have no clue which story it was on.

it’s ok to separate the art from the artist. people are generally shitty, we just know more about the famous ones. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep.  *raises hand*
I went for the effects and couldn't tell you a single thing about the plot.
The Disney ride is pretty cool, though.

It’s insane how many of us have seen this movie yet I don’t know of one line from it that anyone ever quotes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Proposed Poll - Who's the better Cameron, James or Cameron Crowe. My vote:

2Wei.gif

There is but one Cameron to rule them all.

Cameron County and Cameron, Texas (which is not in Cameron county) are both named for Captain Ewen Cameron, a native-born Scotsman and Captain in the Texan army who was executed in the infamous "black bean episode" after the Mier Expedition failed. Cameron was shot by a Mexican firing squad at Perote prison on April 26, 1843. He refused to confess to a priest, and declined the offer of a blindfold, declaring, "For the liberty of Texas, Ewen Cameron can look death in the face." He then opened his hunting shirt and yelled at his executioners, "Fuego!" (Fire!)

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My second game on varsity my sophomore year was my first start. We played Scarborough at old Del Mar stadium and snapped our school's 2 year losing streak against them. Saw a senior CB have a triad blowout on a punt return that ended his playing years even though colleges had been all over him prior to that. Dude was just screaming in agony on the field. For a 15 year old with all of that adrenaline, it was fucking chaotic to witness. Anyway, yeah, grim matchup.

Very disappointed this was football related and not about hobbits. Do better next time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I read a ton, but I've never been compelled to read those books. I went and watched all of the movies and they're excellent outside of movies 7 & 8, which were moneygrabbing debacles. Anyway, the universe-building Rowling did and the portrayal of that in the movies is worth your time if you like movies. 

Also, the best rides I've ever been on are the Harry Potter VR ride at Universal in LA, when they were first testing it, and Avatar at Animal Kingdom in Orlando. The Potter VR shit was so crazily real that people were losing their minds and cookies both on the ride and off of it. I rode it again two years later when were out there and it was significantly toned down, I guess because of the significant vomit factor. Avatar was a piece of shit movie done by the hypocrite James Cameron, but the fucking ride is tremendous.

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

Same. I'm actually looking forward to getting into them once my daughter is a bit older, but jesus christ you people have me rethinking this

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

It really is amazing the world she's put together in the Potter universe. I don't think I've read any of the books -- might've read one but I don't remember. I've seen most of -- if not all -- of the movies, which were really done well for the most part as you say. The off-shoot Fantastic Beasts spin-off is pretty good too, at least the first one was. I tip my hat to JK Rowling -- not a fan of her politics but she's made several billion dollars off of this.

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

You should, I really enjoyed the books and movies both. I listened to the books when I was driving back and forth from Austin to Houston 3 times a week. Easy listen 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

The middle ones that hit the sweet spot between being written for 10 year olds and 1000-page self indulgence are really good, but I don't know if the whole series is worth reading as an adult without all the hype that was going on at the time. Tremendous way to get kids to challenge themselves in reading level though, because it starts so accessible and then they're hooked as the writing grows up.

The books are really ducking awesome and anyone who has kids should read them to their kids if they do that kind of thing. It’s everything you’d want in a kids story and works well for adults as well. 
I read all of them before I had kids bc before I had kids I had time to read a shitload and it was a cultural thing. All my kids who are very different loved them. Just great books. The movies are good and well done but not as good as the books which is generally the way of things. 
It’s a really good story. I’ve yet to meet anyone, ever, who read the books and didn’t like them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting