Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

While there is no doubt that aggy dropped lots of bags this cycle, these numbers being spouted about make zero fucking sense. Aggy will sign somewhere near 25 kids this class, are we to believe that each of them received 1 million plus, or are we taking the stance that several got multimillion dollar deals and others got zero? Either way, this smells just like the bullshit that it is.

divide that number by 5 and it makes a little more sense

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

While there is no doubt that aggy dropped lots of bags this cycle, these numbers being spouted about make zero fucking sense. Aggy will sign somewhere near 25 kids this class, are we to believe that each of them received 1 million plus, or are we taking the stance that several got multimillion dollar deals and others got zero? Either way, this smells just like the bullshit that it is.

I think someone start with a stupid 35M number and that has become the "benchmark" for rumor mill.  I could easily see someone saying 35M over 4 years in some conversation and the grapevine effect taking over.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

First off, thanks to you, RGBIII, Sydney and others for explaining all the NIL details and bag game for those of us who lurk in this thread to get a grip on the new order of recruiting. I have a stupid question:

Suppose I am shopping my kid to different programs, and one of them tells me "we will give your kid $500k now to commit to us". I understand this is not NIL, but a bag man. So I accept the money. My question is, how do the kid/parent/uncle/trainer account for this money? If I am given 500k, I cant put it under my mattress or ask for it in small bills. I am familiar with finances/banking/taxes...how do they explain that money? They can't pay taxes on a transaction that never took place.

breaking bad huell babineaux GIF

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

No, no, no. We are actually spelling it correctly to fuck with aggy who puts the ‘ie’ on the end like one of those bitchy girls from middle school who spells their name with an ‘i’ at the end of their name instead of a ‘y’. 

Or men who use 'ie' instead of 'y', amirite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

THESE ARE NOT FUCKING NIL DEALS! I AM SO GOD DAMN TIRED OF THIS NARRITIVE!
That would be over 1mill per player, no one got more than 500k. You cannot give an NIL deal nor promise an NIL deal till they are enrolled and on campus. These were bags of fucking cash. If any aggy tries to push that narrative please correct them immediately

I’m assuming the difference between NIL deals and Bags is that you can audit NIL deals. There’s gonna be a paper trail.

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

My aggy coworker said he heard the HWH was already shut down and it was illegal because it would incentivize a player to come to UT before they have signed. I said he was full of shit but I don’t know enough about NIL to argue law 

I would suggest not listening to your Aggie friend unless you are seeking advice on how to procure and romance many sheep.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

No, no, no. We are actually spelling it correctly to fuck with aggy who puts the ‘ie’ on the end like one of those bitchy girls from middle school who spells their name with an ‘i’ at the end of their name instead of a ‘y’. 

aggy is just the collective borg version of aggie.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I assume they do what drug dealers, gamblers and bookies do every day and wash it in some form, or spend it in small amounts, or just be general idiots and blow through it all and not give a fuck and remain ignorant to the premise that the IRS could theoretically give a shit. I don't know though. Maybe someone here has actually done something like that or know someone that has and they'll be dumb enough to spell out the details here for all to see.

Pretty sure in Louisiana they just gradually claim it as gambling winnings...

Image of Anybody asks you where you got it, you got it in Vegas playing craps, all right?

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Added Goodfellas
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, if this shit is going to continue, I'm going to have to expound on my earlier post and I think we're going to have to give an official name for the denizens of the football board. A few options, off the top of my head:

House StumbleFuck
House HuffingGas
House WaterHead
House ShortBus
House DownGrade

A Harry Potter reference to illustrate what a loser those other folks are. Awesome!

Just now, Immaculate Vibes said:

I would just like to say that I have never consumed an ounce of Harry Potter content. Book or movie. I guess I’m in the sweet spot of being too old to originally get into it myself and my kids being too young to GAF. But I guess there’s nothing else to talk about. 

I read a ton, but I've never been compelled to read those books. I went and watched all of the movies and they're excellent outside of movies 7 & 8, which were moneygrabbing debacles. Anyway, the universe-building Rowling did and the portrayal of that in the movies is worth your time if you like movies. 

Also, the best rides I've ever been on are the Harry Potter VR ride at Universal in LA, when they were first testing it, and Avatar at Animal Kingdom in Orlando. The Potter VR shit was so crazily real that people were losing their minds and cookies both on the ride and off of it. I rode it again two years later when were out there and it was significantly toned down, I guess because of the significant vomit factor. Avatar was a piece of shit movie done by the hypocrite James Cameron, but the fucking ride is tremendous.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I would just like to say that I have never consumed an ounce of Harry Potter content. Book or movie. I guess I’m in the sweet spot of being too old to originally get into it myself and my kids being too young to GAF. But I guess there’s nothing else to talk about. 

Same. I'm actually looking forward to getting into them once my daughter is a bit older, but jesus christ you people have me rethinking this

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I read a ton, but I've never been compelled to read those books. I went and watched all of the movies and they're excellent outside of movies 7 & 8, which were moneygrabbing debacles. Anyway, the universe-building Rowling did and the portrayal of that in the movies is worth your time if you like movies. 

Also, the best rides I've ever been on are the Harry Potter VR ride at Universal in LA, when they were first testing it, and Avatar at Animal Kingdom in Orlando. The Potter VR shit was so crazily real that people were losing their minds and cookies both on the ride and off of it. I rode it again two years later when were out there and it was significantly toned down, I guess because of the significant vomit factor. Avatar was a piece of shit movie done by the hypocrite James Cameron, but the fucking ride is tremendous.

It really is amazing the world she's put together in the Potter universe. I don't think I've read any of the books -- might've read one but I don't remember. I've seen most of -- if not all -- of the movies, which were really done well for the most part as you say. The off-shoot Fantastic Beasts spin-off is pretty good too, at least the first one was. I tip my hat to JK Rowling -- not a fan of her politics but she's made several billion dollars off of this.

9 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Same. I'm actually looking forward to getting into them once my daughter is a bit older, but jesus christ you people have me rethinking this

You should, I really enjoyed the books and movies both. I listened to the books when I was driving back and forth from Austin to Houston 3 times a week. Easy listen 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Don’t know why but that Harry Potter ride made me nauseous.  Also wait time got up to 240 minutes

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Avatar was a piece of shit movie done by the hypocrite James Cameron, but the fucking ride is tremendous.

200w.gif

Best movie bar none in 3D. Spectacular effects. Movie was entertaining. Anyone who hates it tends to work in Energy. I guess I hate all medical shows for the same reason.

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The middle ones that hit the sweet spot between being written for 10 year olds and 1000-page self indulgence are really good, but I don't know if the whole series is worth reading as an adult without all the hype that was going on at the time. Tremendous way to get kids to challenge themselves in reading level though, because it starts so accessible and then they're hooked as the writing grows up.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

200w.gif

Best movie bar none in 3D. Spectacular effects. Movie was entertaining. Anyone who hates it tends to work in Energy. I guess I hate all medical shows for the same reason.

That movie suuuuuucks. The 3D is the only gimmick, the actual plot and writing is just an extended episode of Captain Planet.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ousux said:

Ravenclaw here, and no..didnt take the test wilingly. Was forced by my now wife when we were dating a few years back.

So how about that aggy recruiting class huh? Seems like they got some decent players, but the imbeciles forgot the bread this time. Jimbo gonna have to go back Safeway or whatever shitty grocery they have in Collie station.

HR Puffnstuff is undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It becomes taxable when you do that…

Exactly, no IRS issues that way...although in my experience the state of Louisiana as a whole is not terribly worried about making sure their taxes are on the up and up.

Edited by IDIOTsavant

8 minutes ago, MoJames said:

200w.gif

I hate it because it was a terrible movie made by a terrible piece of shit hypocrite.  Cameron wins the Best Director award, gives a speech shaming everyone about climate change, and then closes it with something like "now let's go get fucking trashed" or some shit. I think I remember that right.

He's the same as every other hypocrite in Hollywood telling us how bad we should feel about shit while doing the opposite and not living up to a helpful standard. Just fucking own it, or be consistent and don't condescend. And write better scripts and get better acting out of your staff. Go back to doing shit like The Terminator or True Lies and get a sense of humor or something. He used to do amazing movies.

I let my kids watch Avatar a few months and it is laugh out loud bad in a re-watch. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

I hate it because it was a terrible movie made by a terrible piece of shit hypocrite.  Cameron wins the Best Director award, gives a speech shaming everyone about climate change, and then closes it with something like "now let's go get fucking trashed" or some shit. I think I remember that right.

He's the same as every other hypocrite in Hollywood telling us how bad we should feel about shit while doing the opposite and not living up to a helpful standard. Just fucking own it, or be consistent and don't condescend. And write better scripts and get better acting out of your staff. Go back to doing shit like The Terminator or True Lies and get a sense of humor or something. He used to do amazing movies.

I let my kids watch Avatar a few months and it is laugh out loud bad in a re-watch. 

I tend to avoid mixing people in entertainment and politics. Doing so tends to result in a laughable discussion on if we should stop listening to Led Zeppelin because he inserted fish in to underaged vaginas.

Terminator 2, Aliens, The Abyss, hell even True Lies are great movies. I thought avatar was entertaining and the best use of 3D up to this point. I hope the technology he created provides more entertainment in the future. I don't care what the guy thinks about the mRNA vaccines or if electric cars are the future. I'm going to the movie to be entertained, I'm playing the song to be entertained. My kids laughed out loud at Texas football games all year, but I'll still watch them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Proud Lin Manuel Miranda GIF by Emmys

7 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I am glad we moved on from Harry Potter and can now spend 3 pages shaming the fucking Avatar crowd.

I mean, if you wanna separate the art from the artist. It’s an entertaining enough sci fi flick that is worth the spectacle to watch on the big screen. Otherwise Sully casting and acting was woeful, and Cameron is a douche nozzle of the highest order. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I assume they do what drug dealers, gamblers and bookies do every day and wash it in some form, or spend it in small amounts, or just be general idiots and blow through it all and not give a fuck and remain ignorant to the premise that the IRS could theoretically give a shit. I don't know though. Maybe someone here has actually done something like that or know someone that has and they'll be dumb enough to spell out the details here for all to see.

That's why the trainer/uncle/cousin gets their cut. To help them learn how to launder the money. "Wanna buy a car? I'll send you down to my buddy Ray Ray at the Automart, and you just pay him $30k cash and he'll put on the title that you bought it for $1,000."

By and large, people are using the money to buy groceries, pay rent (the ones looking for bags usually don't have a mortgage), and their day-to-day living. It's way easier to spend it without making it too noticeable when the max is $80k , and that is possibly spread to two or three individuals. Much harder to hide and keep a lid on it when it's $250k. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Best fucking post on this board in weeks....
I tip my hat to you sir!

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting