Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Probably belongs on the movie thread but The Salvation is a fun watch, as is the Proposition. Also would add the Man from Snowy River.  These aren't American Westerns in the American sense.     

This is a damn good one

This may have been posted in the football thread - I'm not gonna look because they don't talk about cheese and westerns over there - but the NYT is buying the Athletic. Not shocking I guess given media consolidation but holy fuck what an interesting move. $550MM

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I doubt there's ever been a moment where one of us hasn't been annoyed scrolling through pages of either bad, bad takes from football board mouth breathers, or cheese puns, or geography shit, depending on the day we're having or our mood. That's just going to be the skin in the game. But watching guys show up to the thread, who never contribute anything of substance, bitching about having to boo hoo read some words to find out info when there isn't any, all the while having years of history as a clueless poster who can't understand much of anything is...chef's kiss. So fuck it, let the good times roll. 

If it means I don't have to pay $9.95 across multiple sites to get the articles I'll read through the pages of CFS, McRib, and James Cameron talk. Seems fair to me.

Have to remember there is no real point checking this thread going forward until NSD2 for any possible surprises. This thread is a beating.

Dear Sark,

You may need to adjust your attitude! Now get off your ass and go get us a few A list D coaches and players. Shore up that side of the ball and things start to pick up.

And while we are at it, your 2021 midterm grades have come in:

Offense: C+
O coaches: A-
Defense: F
D coaches: Incomplete
Special Teams: B-
ST coaches: A-
Recruiting High School: A-
Recruiting Portal: B+
Support Staff: C

Hustle never sleeps. You are here to entertain us, never forget that.

Regards,
G.S.

p.s.
Fuck the off season!

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This may have been posted in the football thread - I'm not gonna look because they don't talk about cheese and westerns over there - but the NYT is buying the Athletic. Not shocking I guess given media consolidation but holy fuck what an interesting move. $550MM

Well it's at least humorous realizing that Billy Luicci is now partnered with the New York Times. Texags just loves them some NYT, I'm sure.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

Watched Lonesome Dove on a recommendation somewhere.  Certainly a commitment for time but it was nice to see the combo of Tommy Lee jones, Robert Duval, and a freaking gorgeous young Diane Lane.

The best western ever made.  My favorite book and imo the greatest American novel.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well it's at least humorous realizing that Billy Luicci is now partnered with the New York Times. Texags just loves them some NYT, I'm sure.

We'll see how much longer that lasts with new people in charge. Athletic has never made a penny.

1 minute ago, CowtownHorn said:

Not sure if I seen these listed, but these are two of my all-time favorites. Saw them both with my dad, at the theater, when I was a kid. Good times!

9BB2F27A-1C45-4223-8801-006B9B69C8CA.jpeg

9C352A89-0EB7-411F-9B92-8D3266D3F44F.jpeg

I too saw the Long Riders in the cinema back in the day with my dad.  Loved the real life brothers playing real life brothers.  And the cool slow motion bullet hits in the final battle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The sons of Katy elder is pretty darn good. Not top 10 by any means but definitely an under the radar movie that should be watched. 

I haven't listed a top 10 because it would likely be riddled with a ridiculous amount of John Waynes movies that I personally love but are unlikely to make many top 100 lists.  Rio Bravo, Big Jake, The Commancheros, El Dorado, Sons of Katie Elder, Rio Lobo, War Wagon, McLintock, The Horse Soldiers, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande, Fort Apache are all great watches...  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I doubt there's ever been a moment where one of us hasn't been annoyed scrolling through pages of either bad, bad takes from football board mouth breathers, or cheese puns, or geography shit, depending on the day we're having or our mood. That's just going to be the skin in the game. But watching guys show up to the thread, who never contribute anything of substance, bitching about having to boo hoo read some words to find out info when there isn't any, all the while having years of history as a clueless poster who can't understand much of anything is...chef's kiss. So fuck it, let the good times roll. 

R.4c81c05dd50cfbf897e5fa557c97cead?rik=x

18 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Dear Sark,

You may need to adjust your attitude! Now get off your ass and go get us a few A list D coaches and players. Shore up that side of the ball and things start to pick up.

And while we are at it, your 2021 midterm grades have come in:

Offense: C+
O coaches: A-
Defense: F
D coaches: Incomplete
Special Teams: B-
ST coaches: A-
Recruiting High School: A-
Recruiting Portal: B+
Support Staff: C

Hustle never sleeps. You are here to entertain us, never forget that.

Regards,
G.S.

p.s.
Fuck the off season!

Oh buddy, I've got some bad news for you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Fuck all of you.

If some dares to accidentally post something about a '23 recruit in the '22 thread, they get shouted down by five posters in 2 seconds. If someone spends fifteen fucking pages about shitty movies, it is perfectly fine.

Just because nothing is going on doesn't mean you should fill the fucking thread with drivel. All that does is make it difficult to figure out when shit actually happens because you have to sift through 10 pages of faggotry and rambling.

When there is no rain for a few weeks, no one fucks up the rain thread with talk about movies and chicken fried cocks.

When no one posts food in the Shank thread, no fill the fucking thread with talk about harry goddamn potter.

There are threads for movies, there are threads for harry potter, there are threads for fucking cheese. Use those if that is what you want to talk about. Continuing to do it in this thread is stupid af.

it's all about picking your poison. in the last like week we have touched on

• cheese puns
  • shitty $9.95ers
  • the state of LAX in Texas
  • Harry fucking Potter

but sure, let's draw the line at Westerns. i am sure we can all redirect this back to fucking Harry Potter if you want

harry potter dancing GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I haven't listed a top 10 because it would likely be riddled with a ridiculous amount of John Waynes movies that I personally love but are unlikely to make many top 100 lists.  Rio Bravo, Big Jake, The Commancheros, El Dorado, Sons of Katie Elder, Rio Lobo, War Wagon, McLintock, The Horse Soldiers, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande, Fort Apache are all great watches...  

my favorite John Wayne movies in order go:

The Shootist

Red River

The Searchers

The Cowboys

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

True Grit

Rio Bravo

Big Jake

McClintock!

Sons of Katie Elder

The Comancheros

The Alamo

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

my favorite John Wayne movies in order go:

The Shootist

Red River

The Searchers

The Cowboys

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

True Grit

Rio Bravo

Big Jake

McClintock!

Sons of Katie Elder

The Comancheros

The Alamo

No Fort Apache? The whole Cavalry Trilogy is really fun, to be honest.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Ehh, I'm more of a Star Wars guy.  Anybody watch that marathon the week after Christmas?

giphy.gif

i just found out that Jazz in Star Wars = Jizz

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jizz/Legends

Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band. Other notable jizz bands included Bobolo Baker's All-Bith Band, Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers, Hutt, Figrin D'an II and the New Modal Nodes, and The Sozzenels.

Subgenres of jizz included jizz-wail, aubade, and glitz. Also, the music form jatz was reminiscent of, or in some ways similar to, jizz.

this was a good read:

https://www.facebook.com/premiuminternetcuration/posts/456131776125469

it's like ten screenshots but made me laugh

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

If you want to get an "ohhh shit I was not expecting that?" watch The Power of the Dog on Netflix.

Is it a western?  I have it in more in There Will Be Blood category, which is a damn good movie, but not a western.  Django is westernish and tops in my book. 

Edited by RollLeft

6 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I’m shocked by the collective classic western film knowledge of this thread. I just assumed I represented the surly majority as a fit 6’1 handsome melanated young man entering his mid 20’s. 

Well, you're certainly in line with the majority on self-awareness.

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting