Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

22 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

Damn, his junior film is fun. If he’s not fast enough for safety, he’d make a hell of an Overshown fill-in.

22 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

Damn, his junior film is fun. If he’s not fast enough for safety, he’d make a hell of an Overshown fill-in.

Username checks out

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In the AD, I just imagine Crystal looking down at a delivered head of Chris Plonsky in a basket and saying the quiet part out loud: “If they can sack Plonsky, they could sack … me.”. The day is coming for some of these fucks and notice is being taken. Still will take awhile. 

CDC is saying to himself, "Football has sucked for a decade and basketball hasn't won a tournament game in forever, but I got this shiny Director's Cup, so I'm going to be safe for life."

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

CDC is saying to himself, "Football has sucked for a decade and basketball hasn't won a tournament game in forever, but I got this shiny Director's Cup, so I'm going to be safe for life."

To be fair to him, it’s pretty hard to not feel really good about his basketball hire right now. He also made a football hire, I’m told. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Or because they're family.

I agree with this except I have a hard time seeing many 16/17 year old kids telling adults to fuck off. Especially family or slick trainers ingratiating themselves with parents that need short term help. Bags will always exist in the right scenario because shady grifters will always exist. It's just not the only game in town anymore. 

Fast And Furious Family GIF by The Fast Saga

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

There is no question that the word is going to get back to them that this site took the leap and directly improved the program. Banks will shout it from the rooftops and I think @immamac and @RGBIII chose wisely with the TE’s. As of now, an employed interfacing fundraiser for the program didn’t even know it was happening. I had to send him the link, and shocker, he loves it.

Things SHOULD get loud on a lot of our burnt ends stuff in the next probably 48 hours. We need surlys help to do it! This has to get outside of the board and spread, and I don’t just mean this program I mean the idea in general. Some rich BMD should make his own burnt ends and sponsor the WR room instead, if y’all know of someone like that I can help create, delegate and get it fucking moving. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, this is how WE make a difference!

10 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

If I theoretically had a bag, I am not sure where I would even drop it. 

Burntendsnil.com 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Burntendsnil.com 

Frat brother chronicles part 2.

I told him to get his frat to do something like burntends. He just keeps asking, like what. And I gave him examples but he hasn’t done anything yet. I told him to tell his frat bros. Sponsor a party or something. I’m sure the frat alumni have deep pockets.

He probably won’t do anything unless it’s aligned out how exactly to do it.

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Frat brother chronicles part 2.

I told him to get his frat to do something like burntends. He just keeps asking, like what. And I gave him examples but he hasn’t done anything yet. I told him to tell his frat bros. Sponsor a party or something. I’m sure the frat alumni have deep pockets.

He probably won’t do anything unless it’s aligned out how exactly to do it. emoji849.png

So basically like every other frat bro?

• Haha 2

Mike at Night

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night

Mike Roach

— Texas commit Ronald Lewis was in the state on the run from Hurricane Ida, and he took that opportunity to see his future home for the first time. Lewis was able to basically take an unofficial visit and meet with the coaches on the first day since the dead period ended. Lewis said he really enjoyed the trip and was excited to take his mind off what was happening at home with the destruction in New Orleans. He also was able to see the newly-renovated facility in the south end zone and told me he's excited to get on campus.

— I mentioned earlier this week that I wouldn't be surprised if Jaylon Guilbeau ends up back in the Texas class. Guilbeau released a Top 3 of Texas, Texas A&M and TCU, but I think this is basically a battle between the (for now) Big 12 bunkmates. Guilbeau is still in contact with several Texas commits and the coaching staff, and the uncertainty of TCU's future conference affiliation is helping Texas. One source I spoke with said that it feels like he's waiting for the Texas-TCU game to make a decision. I'm leaving my Crystal Ball on Texas for now as Guilbeau is headed back to Austin this weekend to visit for the game.

— There are those in Austin who feel Texas can pull off some high-profile flips with a successful year on the field. The staff hasn't given up on several of the targets they lost out on, and they remain in contact with many of them. I mentioned earlier in the week that Duncanville OL Cameron Williams is keeping the lines of communication open, and I'm told that the same can be said for Bryce Anderson. While flips are difficult and flips between Texas and Texas A&M are even tougher, the staff doesn't seem to be waving the white flag on any of those recruitments.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Texas knows fully well that they will have to stay on top of the Tapp recruitment the whole way through. Many on the staff have won kids out of Louisiana for other schools and know the drill. While change is slow and facing headwinds, there is work to get the gears greased and grinding. There’s been work being done from all sides since Sarkisian got here. Texas has a long history of looking the other way in basketball and that is being pointed out rather sharply these days. 

Regarding NIL, Texas is being reserved out of caution on team morale concerns and first mover disadvantage. I think both of those notions are bureaucratic vaginal shit, but there you go. As long as Plonsky has her thumbs on the scales in compliance, this is going to be an uphill battle. 

I’ll say this though - there is more activity and inquiry right now from the alumni base at every level than at any time in history. Things like Burnt Ends are highlighting that the masses have gained unprecedented power that cannot and will not be ignored, and the bigger money is fucking tired of watching guys like Quinn Ewers and Jaylen Waddle matriculate elsewhere. 

In the AD, I just imagine Crystal looking down at a delivered head of Chris Plonsky in a basket and saying the quiet part out loud: “If they can sack Plonsky, they could sack … me.”. The day is coming for some of these fucks and notice is being taken. Still will take awhile. 

braveheart GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Texas knows fully well that they will have to stay on top of the Tapp recruitment the whole way through. Many on the staff have won kids out of Louisiana for other schools and know the drill. While change is slow and facing headwinds, there is work to get the gears greased and grinding. There’s been work being done from all sides since Sarkisian got here. Texas has a long history of looking the other way in basketball and that is being pointed out rather sharply these days. 

Regarding NIL, Texas is being reserved out of caution on team morale concerns and first mover disadvantage. I think both of those notions are bureaucratic vaginal shit, but there you go. As long as Plonsky has her thumbs on the scales in compliance, this is going to be an uphill battle. 

I’ll say this though - there is more activity and inquiry right now from the alumni base at every level than at any time in history. Things like Burnt Ends are highlighting that the masses have gained unprecedented power that cannot and will not be ignored, and the bigger money is fucking tired of watching guys like Quinn Ewers and Jaylen Waddle matriculate elsewhere. 

Plonsky needs to be fired into orbit on the next dildo shaped SpaceX rocket. How this woman remains in positions of such power is absurd. She needs to be swept into the corner to tend to women's sports only and stop getting in the way of men's revenue sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’d like to think Plonsky is feeling uneasy about her job right now and can only imagine her reaction when she found out we were headed to the SEC.

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Plonsky needs to be fired into orbit on the next dildo shaped SpaceX rocket. How this woman remains in positions of such power is absurd. She needs to be swept into the corner to tend to women's sports only and stop getting in the way of men's revenue sports. 

Jeff Bezos has the dildo-shaped rocket and it doesn't reach orbit. If you did this, Plonsky would return to Earth 10 minutes later. Get your shit right. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Chad Simmons: Who won the month of August in recruiting?

June and July had prospects popping off with commitments almost every day it seemed like. August really slowed down with it being in the dead period and no visits or face-to-face contact allowed. There were still some big commitments made, though. In July, On3 named Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Penn State as the winners on the recruiting trail. So, who won the month of August?

Auburn

The month of August got off to a great start for Auburn when in-state four-star Caden Story committed to the Tigers over UCF. Story is a versatile defensive lineman out of Lanett High. That was the beginning of what was a very big month for the SEC West program. After Story committed on the 1st, another in-state target, Ja’Kobi Albert committed. Albert is an athlete that is known for his speed out of Fairfield Prep that will likely line up at cornerback for the Tigers. On the 19th, Tallahassee (Fla.) FSU School two-sport star Tre Donaldson committed to the Tigers. A few hours later, Auburn landed another one from its home state in Omari Kelly. Donaldson is a big-time safety that will also play guard on the basketball court at Auburn. Kelly will play receiver at Auburn.

Oklahoma

Lincoln Riley and the Oklahoma Sooners are just building for the future. They did not pick up any 2022 commitments in August after landing seven in July but OU picked up four verbals for the class of 2023. In-state tight end Luke Hasz got it started Aug. 6. A day later, Makai Lemon of Los Alamitos, Calif., made his commitment public. Colorado offensive lineman Joshua Bates committed to the Sooners on the 13th, and then Florida wide receiver Brandon Innis pledged on Aug. 22. Landing Bixby High four-star Hasz, a top-10 tight end for On3 was big for Riley and his offense. Then to go out of state and continue to add key pieces for the 2023 class was huge.

Lemon is teammates with five-star quarterback Malachi Nelson who committed to Oklahoma in July. He is likely a receiver for the Sooners, but he could play cornerback, too. Innis is one of the more advanced, polished receivers in the 2023 class, and he is a national recruit out of the powerful American Heritage program in Plantation, Fla. Oklahoma now has six commits in the 2023 class.

Oregon

Oregon landed a trio of four-stars in the 2022 On300 out of California in August. Cornerback Jalil Tucker of San Diego Lincoln leads the way as the No. 59 player in the country. Right behind Tucker is Anaheim Servite wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan at No. 62. Mario Cristobal and the Ducks were not done at Lincoln. They also landed Jahlil Florence, a teammate of Tucker’s, and another top cornerback. The biggest pull out of this trio might have been McMillan. Arizona was thought to be the front runner for some time because he has two teammates committed to the Wildcats, including his quarterback Noah Fifita. Oregon came on over the summer landed his commitment Aug. 16.

Texas

Nobody closed out the month of August the way the Texas Longhorns did. Steve Sarkisian and his program in Austin will have a lot of eyes on it this fall, and this season will not only impact the rest of the 2022 class but especially the 2023 class. In the last week of August, Texas landed commitments from three defensive linemen. Aaron Bryant out of Mississippi got things started on the 26th. This one was over when Bryant visited Austin in June. He made it official last week. Four days later, Jaray Bledsoe, an in-state prospect out of Marlin High, placed his name on the commitment list. He also gave schools like Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas A&M consideration. He is a top 100 talent.

Closing the month out on Aug. 30, the same day Bledsoe announced, was J’Mond Tapp, more of an EDGE out of Louisiana. Being from the Boot State, pulling this four-star away from LSU was another huge win for Sarkisian, Bo Davis and the staff in Austin. As strong as the month ended for Texas, you can’t forget about the commitments from cornerback Ronald Lewis and linebacker Eoghan Kerry. Both are three-star prospects and Lewis flipped his commitment from Colorado to Texas.

Texas A&M

Some could argue that other programs should be on this list because they had more commitments than Texas A&M, but the two the Aggies landed were huge. Jimbo Fisher and the staff in College Station had a very successful summer. Not all the news has hit the media yet, and a lot may not until the class is signed, but they made big moves with national prospects the last few months.

In August, Texas A&M landed commitments from two elite defensive backs. They beat Texas for in-state safety Bryce Anderson, then beat Georgia for Peach State cornerback Deyon Bouie. Landing Anderson was huge for the Aggies. Not only is he an in-state talent they beat Texas for, but Anderson is No. 1 safety and No. 20 player in the country. Bouie is a one-time Georgia commit that attends Bainbridge High, Kirby Smart’s alma mater, so this one stung in Athens. Bouie is the No. 68 player in the 2022 On300.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, if Texas lands Skinner, I'd say things are getting figured out.

If that were true, could we double back on some other prospects that were lost months ago while we were pulling our pud?  Or is there some sort of gavel bang ending?  The bear Alexander saga leads me to believe there are no hard deadlines for highest and best. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If that were true, could we double back on some other prospects that were lost months ago while we were pulling our pud?  Or is there some sort of gavel bang ending?  The bear Alexander saga leads me to believe there are no hard deadlines for highest and best. 

I think there are legitimate concerns about Bear Alexander. None of his intangibles look promising, even he's beast on the field. I know you were talking about his recruitment and the UGa/ATM switch as exemplary, but it just reminded me of what's being discussed about him. I don't know if this verifiable from the tracking of his recruiting milestones or not, but the word is that Saban and Bama aren't recruiting him heavily because they don't like him off the field.

Regarding circling back with recruits, you got me. I'm sure they're going to keep talking to Banks until he signs. Anderson wasn't bought by ATM. Texas got outrecruited on that one. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think there are legitimate concerns about Bear Alexander. None of his intangibles look promising, even he's beast on the field. I know you were talking about his recruitment and the UGa/ATM switch as exemplary, but it just reminded me of what's being discussed about him. I don't know if this verifiable from the tracking of his recruiting milestones or not, but the word is that Saban and Bama aren't recruiting him heavily because they don't like him off the field.

Regarding circling back with recruits, you got me. I'm sure they're going to keep talking to Banks until he signs. Anderson wasn't bought by ATM. Texas got outrecruited on that one. 

Heard A&M is souring on him because of what you mentioned plus they shifted their focus to Dindy and Nolen

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Heard A&M is souring on him because of what you mentioned plus they shifted their focus to Dindy and Nolen

A&M would be smart to wave Bear into their class because Dindy is going to OU and I don't think Tennessee is going to let Nolen leave the state.

Edited by Hookem2147

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting