Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:
Deshawn Elliot tweeted something about being able to root for his team again.  That's all I've seen.

Fuck him he's such a bitch. Dude is always complaining about something.

He and Omenihu are ALWAYS way too in their feelings online

3 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:
Deshawn Elliot tweeted something about being able to root for his team again.  That's all I've seen.

Fuck him he's such a bitch. Dude is always complaining about something.

Not sure if you saw the actual tweet or not, but someone replied with something along the lines of, "I've always rooted for my school even when they were 21-16 while you were there."  Or something along those lines.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not sure if you saw the actual tweet or not, but someone replied with something along the lines of, "I've always rooted for my school even when they were 21-16 while you were there."  Or something along those lines.  

*16-21

Also said that he (the tweeter) roots for his school even when his girlfriend's dad isn't the coach.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Probably but Gerry Hamilton mentioned the Sark hire was very well received by the Manning family. 

Yeah, there are many reasons why Manning might be the guy versus Ewers, ultimately. We’d take either one and both families like Texas, especially the Mannings with the Sark hire. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Honestly, I’m looking for reasons to get excited about someone else.  And it’s really not because Ewers spurned us.   It’s because that Todd Orlando / Boz mullet is so terrible and douchey I just can’t picture him working out.

If I could pick between the two, I would pick a Manning it just feels right for Texas to be the first recipient of the next generation of Manning talent.  

Just now, Tex48 said:

If I could pick between the two, I would pick a Manning it just feels right for Texas to be the first recipient of the next generation of Manning talent.  

I suppose the lazy comparison would be to say he's Sark's Chris Simms? Would that make Charles Wright Major or would there be too many years of separation between the two?

33 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This feels right...

I can actually listen to him. That’s already a huge plus. I know it’s all words, but hearing that he will evaluate players to put them In positions to succeed best is all I can ask for. Oh and that he was to develop talent, be attacking in all phases and wants fans to love the brand of football. 

I’ll see you in the stadium in 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posting from the Sark staff thread because in terms of recruiting.....dsmn

So from piecing shit together so far

QB- Milwee (don’t know shit about him but named unanimously by the 995ers)

RB- Drayton (likely to be retained, good)

WR- Keary Colbert (had good receiver classes and talent at USC. Young dude should be a good recruiter)

TE- Jeff Banks (lateral move from Bama can’t be a bad thing)

OL/OC- Kyle Flood (cannot understate how big this would be...holy fuck)

DC/Safeties- Coach Boom or Ash (I think Boom is happening and will be an absolute home run)

DT-Bo Davis (don’t know a lot about him but DL coach in the NFL with college experience)

DE- Tosh Lupoi(bro...the game will be played and recruiting would never be better)

LB- Hutzler (has been fantastic this year working with the LBs and recruiting)

CB- Corey Raymond (if this happens...holy fuck....)

ok so, I’m fully chugging kool aid with this staff...probably unrealistic but god damn...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Listening to Sark's video, he's saying the right things. Gives importance to building the best staff. That's huge. Next is "the process". That's Saban's imprint. Saban is all about the process. I got boners just from those two talking points. Liking this hire more.
Did he say he's recruiting Sam to stay another year? It sure sounded like that.

Just now, Mikey4 said:
9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:
Listening to Sark's video, he's saying the right things. Gives importance to building the best staff. That's huge. Next is "the process". That's Saban's imprint. Saban is all about the process. I got boners just from those two talking points. Liking this hire more.

Nah. Generic "oh he's a good player, we'll have a conversation" response

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

Just now, Mikey4 said:
8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

No, that is just hand waving. Sam is gone, he is happy he is gone, we are happy he is gone and want nothing but the best for him

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:
10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I've got no problem with Sark getting Sam to stay another year as long as he holds a truly open QB competition this fall

Edited by ChampionshipLevelPiss

Just now, Mikey4 said:
8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

That's what it sounded like but at the exact same time it sounded like he was just trying to say something nice about Sam.  Maybe he assumes Sam is leaving no matter what.  Or he will try to steer Sam in that direction privately.

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Posting from the Sark staff thread because in terms of recruiting.....dsmn

So from piecing shit together so far

QB- Milwee (don’t know shit about him but named unanimously by the 995ers)

RB- Drayton (likely to be retained, good)

WR- Keary Colbert (had good receiver classes and talent at USC. Young dude should be a good recruiter)

TE- Jeff Banks (lateral move from Bama can’t be a bad thing)

OL/OC- Kyle Flood (cannot understate how big this would be...holy fuck)

DC/Safeties- Coach Boom or Ash (I think Boom is happening and will be an absolute home run)

DT-Bo Davis (don’t know a lot about him but DL coach in the NFL with college experience)

DE- Tosh Lupoi(bro...the game will be played and recruiting would never be better)

LB- Hutzler (has been fantastic this year working with the LBs and recruiting)

CB- Corey Raymond (if this happens...holy fuck....)

ok so, I’m fully chugging kool aid with this staff...probably unrealistic but god damn...

my glizzy can only get so hard

if 3 of these hires happen the bagmen game becomes no kizzy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

my glizzy can only get so hard

if 3 of these hires happen the bagmen game becomes no kizzy 

Idk what kizzy means but if it means bags are getting shot out of a cannon, that is correct and absolutely awesome ImoCatering To Go GIF by Zaxby's

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting