Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So sark should delay in home? Or try to close it out?

I’m not buying what pepperoni is spewing about Banks or any other $9.95 in regards to pushing back signing till February. Weren’t these the same guys that never saw Oregon as his pick the 1st go round? I think Flood and Sark close it out Friday night. If Sark can’t, well that’s all we need to know about who he’ll be the next two years before he’s replaced. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okcool said:

I’m not buying what pepperoni is spewing about Banks or any other $9.95 in regards to pushing back signing till February. Weren’t these the same guys that never saw Oregon as his pick the 1st go round? I think Flood and Sark close it out Friday night. If Sark can’t, well that’s all we need to know about who he’ll be the next two years before he’s replaced. 

It’ll help if Quinn commits to the good guys before and triggers momentum.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Banks is making the right decision to wait until February, no doubt. Sark using his in home now while Jumbo will get the last word next month dies not give me the warm and fuzzies.

I don’t think he has a choice. Texas is in the best position it has ever been with Banks. If he doesn’t sign coaches are going to rain down on him from Dec 16 to the final signing day. Nobody will feel good about where they stand in that world. Have to go and give him the pitch and hope you get him to sign early. It has risks, but so does waiting 

• Hook 'Em 1

Like CTJ eluded to regarding startups, over the next several months we’ll probably hear a lot of counter NIL program discussions in an effort to pull recruits to other schools, and it may work. The true impact of NIL won’t be made in the short term, as used car salesmen around the country draw up their best plans and present it to recruits and their families. The truth will be revealed down the road when empty promises destroy locker rooms and legit systems continue to blossom.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Gerry Hamilton said it's good but that won't stop certain posters from melting down. 

It doesn’t matter what Gerry Hamilton thinks lol, if you’re supposedly in the lead for a kid and he decides to delay his decision to talk to more schools, that is incrementally negative.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Octavian said:

It doesn’t matter what Gerry Hamilton thinks lol, if you’re supposedly in the lead for a kid and he decides to delay his decision to talk to more schools, that is incrementally negative.

You're operating under the assumption that Banks will sign with Texas on NSD1. If Sark closes on Banks on NSD1 that's great news but Gerry doesn't think it's a slam dunk that Banks signs with Texas on NSD1. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I put the Coleman part out there, so let me correct it. Apparently, the assistant pushing really hard for him isn't Coleman. They like him at WR though. I don't know which is worse and whether or not this guy is a diamond in the rough either. As one of the last guys in a class, or the 4th of 4 WRs, fine by me.

Bringing this back up because I finally got around to watching Red’s film. Did Gary Patterson possibly put in a good word for the kid when he was in town? He looks like your prototypical GP linebacker take, and I mean that in a very good way.

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Nahlin said today that it was LSU and Texas for Harris, he said A&M was not in it.

If he does sign with aggy how do people not see the obvious signs of bag game going crazy? Like who in their right mind can honestly say A&M signing 5-7 5 stars seems normal? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

If he does sign with aggy how do people not see the obvious signs of bag game going crazy? Like who in their right mind can honestly say A&M signing 5-7 5 stars seems normal? 

I mean it's fairly obvious. Stewart and Harris had no interest in aggy most the recruiting process and Harris even mocked the idea of going to aggy. Recruitments like that don't just flip on a dime unless something else is involved. 

Burton and Nahlin did their podcast this afternoon. As of that time, Nahlin seemed very bullish on us getting Agbo, Banks, and Campbell. Said Dewberry likely to ATM, Neto a complete enigma but maybe Bama, Greene to Bama, and Williams could go to any one of about 5 schools.  If they were worried about Ewers not coming they sure didn’t show it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Burton and Nahlin did their podcast this afternoon. As of that time, Nahlin seemed very bullish on us getting Agbo, Banks, and Campbell. Said Dewberry likely to ATM, Neto a complete enigma but maybe Bama, Greene to Bama, and Williams could go to any one of about 5 schools.  If they were worried about Ewers not coming they sure didn’t show it. 

Seems like it's been trending that way over the last week or so.  If we get ABC I'll do a backflip, which could possibly severely injure me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting