Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I hope IT is right this time but I have my doubts. 

Ya, gotta think they get one right where it’s a “source off”, but they’ve missed some pretty big ones this year. 

feel like I’m at the roulette table and red has come up 12 times in a row. I keep betting black waiting for it to hit because Wesley told me too and it’s gonna come up eventually, right? But I keep getting disappointed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texags went to Malik Jefferson's house the night before his commitment to beg him to pick aggy. 

They should never talk about desperation. 

That never got the attention it should have at the time. Maybe now is a good time to spotlight that again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Okcool said:

I’m not buying what pepperoni is spewing about Banks or any other $9.95 in regards to pushing back signing till February. Weren’t these the same guys that never saw Oregon as his pick the 1st go round? I think Flood and Sark close it out Friday night. If Sark can’t, well that’s all we need to know about who he’ll be the next two years before he’s replaced. 

That seems rational.  And if he closes in Feb instead?  

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

A 3? Seriously, Fong? Fuck off, pussy. 

The concept of a scale from 1 to 10 to measure confidence in predicting recruits' choices is ludicrous to begin with. Even @THUJONE's Recruiting News Boner Alert System® only goes to 6.

Spoiler

image.png.b30c5b19caf7105cff735ec96c1f7358.png

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I'm nervous about burning Sark's in home with Banks unless we have assurances that he could be persuaded to sign early with a great visit.  Seems very risky.   

Ya... Saban, Jimbo, Cristobal, Kelly, and Smart all trying to get him to wait versus Sark trying to sign early. I don't like those odds. 

Edited by Vertigo

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Ya, Saban, Jimbo, Cristobal, and Smart all trying to get him to wait versus Sark trying to sign early. I don't like those odds. 

Do you feel better about Sark’s chances of landing Banks all those coaches another get two months to sell him? I think this is like being the underdog and scoring a TD to put you down by one at the end of a game - roll the dice and go for two. Sark’s best chance to get Banks is in the next week. 

• Like 1

I read Gerry's update about the Banks news differently. I read it as "A&M asking Banks to push back his decision should make you feel good, because it means they know they don't lead for him." And that was before he decided to push it back. 

Regardless, we still have the in-home to sell him on signing ESD so no worries. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Nick at Nite: The latest out of Houston with ESD a week away

Nick Harris

Spoiler

Nick at Nite: The latest out of Houston with ESD a week away

Nick Harris

HOUSTON — The Houston Touchdown Club had their annual high school awards dinner tonight at the Bayou City Event Center in south Houston, and the notable recruits were abundant.

The Texas staff was rolling deep at the event with Steve Sarkisian and assistants Kyle Flood, Jeff Banks, Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph in attendance.

Let's dive into some of the big notes:

Humble (Texas) Summer Creek five-star offensive lineman Kelvin Banks told reporters tonight that he will be extending his decision into February and will sign during the regular signing period. Banks said that he is resetting his recruitment at this point and is focusing in on his previous top schools list that included LSU, Oklahoma State, Texas, and Texas A&M.

That hasn't stopped others from getting involved though as Miami will go in-home tonight following the event with Mario Cristobal as they will look to swing Banks to the other coast to play for the Hurricanes. Alabama has also reached out and is expected to make a big push.

As for visits, Banks said that he plans to take it easy this weekend and just take it easy before hammering it out over these next couple of months. He has an in-home visit tentatively scheduled with Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood this weekend and a visit in January with Jimbo Fisher. With his timeline officially being extended, we'll be monitoring to see if Texas decides to push its in-home back closer to the February signing day.

---

However, Humble (Texas) Atascocita four-star offensive lineman Kam Dewberry does plan to sign next Wednesday, and it is coming down to Texas and Texas A&M. Dewberry will take brief visits to both schools this weekend before going into decision mode early next week.

Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood will go in-home with Dewberry tonight as they look to make a big splash with one of Houston's top recruits in this cycle. The relationship has strengthened these last few weeks with Dewberry and Texas, and this is one that I could see a Quinn Ewers commitment impacting the result. A big if, but a notable one nevertheless with Ewers expected to visit this weekend.

---

It's up in the air if Galena Park (Texas) North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris is signing next week, but if he does, I expect Texas A&M to get the signature. A pair of Crystal Ball Predictions came in tonight for Jimbo Fisher to land Harris, and I plan to follow once I get confirmation that he will sign next week. If the timeline is pushed to February, then obviously the door remains open for other programs.

---

Cypress (Texas) Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins was slated to show up tonight but has not arrived as of 8:35 p.m.

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

Bags seems to be working pretty fucking good at the moment. NIL will not be unique to Texas. 

Yeah, this cycle big on bags, keep in mind recent Texas NIL doesn't hit these kids till next fall... Lots of other teams I know for fact have already promised similar plans by then to recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Yep. Texas will still require a good coach, winning seasons, some level of a bag game, and a strong NIL to get key recruits. We have 1 of the 4 at present. Maybe NIL pulls in Ewers, but it doesn’t seem to mean much for Harris, Stewart, Banks, etc. 

This is the same idiot that said Ewers was going to aggy and 10 minutes later said he was going to Tech. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Another clueless fool. A spash hire won't mean anything unless money is committed to buying recruits. The hope is NIL will offset what aggy is doing with bags. 

How about we start with a S&C program made to win games, let's start there and see if our tarzan's stop playing like jane.

3 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

You smoke too much weed if you don’t think Aggy will utilize NIL + bags. 

I don't smoke too much weed. I just think you're a moron. 

It's one thing to be pessimistic about Texas football and it's another to be a blabbering idiot that has no clue what he's talking about. But everyone already knows that based on your comments about Ewers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Cashcar said:

I think you’re a fucking moron as well, so we’re even. I hope Ewers lands here but yes I’m pessimistic as fuck about Sark. Keep believing that dipshit will turn things around though…

I'm not sold on Sark but that doesn't mean I go from arguing aggy is going to land Ewers and 10 minutes later saying it's going to be Tech. 

You're a blabbering moron. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lmao this motherfucker was posting every 30 seconds when the Ewers news looked bad, has disappeared for the last 48 hours, and has suddenly returned to let us know that aggy is whooping our ass.  Nice try.

I'm fairly certain cashcar and one yard are the same person. They always like each others posts and both were doing this with Ewers. 

They also both post like they have an IQ below 50. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honest question.  What happens if Elko gets the Duke job?  Do all of these D recruits ignore the D coordinator leaving and stay at A&M or open up their recruitments like happens to every other school in the history of forever?  I found it interesting when that 5 star OU recruit from FL flipped immediately to A&M this week without even getting schools like Bama, Ohio St, and GA involved in a new recruitment.  These guys must be cheating at the level of SMU back in the day compared to everybody else.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Honest question.  What happens if Elko gets the Duke job?  Do all of these D recruits ignore the D coordinator leaving and stay at A&M or open up their recruitments like happens to every other school in the history of forever?  I found it interesting when that 5 star OU recruit from FL flipped immediately to A&M this week without even getting schools like Bama, Ohio St, and GA involved in a new recruitment.  These guys must be cheating at the level of SMU back in the day compared to everybody else.

He more or less said he was keeping it between his 2 finalists (OU/Ag) after Riley left. 

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Nahlin, despite his condescending posts, has gotten almost everything wrong this recruiting cycle. I wouldn’t pay five cents  for his prediction on any of our recruits. 

Agree here except I do so I can post the opinions and articles for y’all, minus the Ian Boyd piles of shit. 

Update from Nahlin on Kobe McKinzie:

I don’t think Kobie McKinizie will flip back to OU. The Lubbock Cooper LB hosted new OU coach Brent Venables this evening just days after committing to UT. Reports out of the OU market are gleaming with how great Kobie’s parents thought the visit went. Curiously absent from these reports are how the visit went according to Kobie.

In the latest YouTube video with Bobby I surmised if Kobie’s heart was in Norman, he would have given the benefit of the doubt to the school as the coaching search played out. He would stayed committed at least until a new coach was named. Like this:

But he didn’t, even though noted defensive guru Brent Venables was named as a genuine candidate early on. The job vacancy was his opening. Not only did he take it, but he immediately hopped into conversations with UT commits and clearly wanted a UT offer. With Texas offer in hand, he still could have waited to hear out OU coaches, yet he pounced on it and committed.

Going back to Sark’s arrival, IT received information of McKinzie’s interest in Texas. That background info coupled with the recent fact-pattern paints a picture of someone happy with his decision. If this remains his decision with minimal parental influence IT feels good about him remaining in the class. Also, if his parents remain out of it as they’ve publicly stated, kudos to them.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

There are two ways to look at this and neither are great optics for aggy.

1. He knows that aggys standards are so low that he will retire as a demi god without ever making an SEC championship.

2. He has already made enough money to not care about winning it all again. He knows LSU has a realistic chance to win a championship once or twice a decade and still chose to take less money to avoid the pressure

He’s not taking less money, he’s taking more.   His 95M from dunbass U is guaranteed.   He might clear 39M at LSU before they get impatient and fire him.  

How long do you suppose LSU will pony up 13M/yr for an 8-4 record and .500 in the SECw?

Desperation is giving a guy in the highly volatile world of college football coaching a 10 year guaranteed contract with no buyout.  Until we approach that precipice we don’t really know what desperate is.   We might feel like we are close to jumping, but we are dead last racing aggy in the 40 yard dash of desperation.  

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting