Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Lucci

image.thumb.png.6ada55d829d9cd563e6378731763a8ef.png

They’re throwing around big enough bags to make Bama and Georgia blush because they know their window of opportunity is closing fast with us and OU joining the SEC, but we’re the desperate ones? Talk about projecting….

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Seriously I don’t think I could be more disgusted with Orangebloods. I have it on pretty good authority Texas was going to sneak him in on a visit this weekend to hang with Ewers.

Every single 9.95 site knew about the Ewers visit days ago and were told to not say a word

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Lucci

image.thumb.png.6ada55d829d9cd563e6378731763a8ef.png

I have zero problems shouting to the heavens that I'm desperate. I'm desperate for Texas to have winning football again. I'm desperate for Texas to build on our brand as the biggest and best and most prestigious university in Texas. I'm desperate to continue and improve on the idea that Texas graduates take care their own, and provide more and better opportunities for the ones that follow behind us. I'm absolutely desperate. And I'm putting my money and time where my fucking mouth is...many of us are doing the same. If he was smart, that would scare him. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

No shit. He's so used to operating under the need to keep big amounts quiet so as not to piss off the other recruits whose bags weren't as big that he has no idea how to handle Texas boosters and local businesses making legal payments to players. 

Tweeting bullshit huge numbers about Texas recruits isn't going to hurt us, it will help us but he's way too stupid to figure that out on his own. Someone on the A&M staff will have to explain that to him. 

You have a higher opinion of the intellect of their coaching staff than I, good sir. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Apparently Roach is saying Stewart is going to visit aggy this weekend and not Austin. Dream is dead it seems unless something changes.

Assuming QE isn’t a lock and assuming he even wants Stewart, this could be a little blow to him thinking players will follow him. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have zero problems shouting to the heavens that I'm desperate. I'm desperate for Texas to have winning football again. I'm desperate for Texas to build on our brand as the biggest and best and most prestigious university in Texas. I'm desperate to continue and improve on the idea that Texas graduates take care their own, and provide more and better opportunities for the ones that follow behind us. I'm absolutely desperate. And I'm putting my money and time where my fucking mouth is...many of us are doing the same. If he was smart, that would scare him. 

Same here. You know who else was desperate to get back to top of the sport? Alabama when the guaranteed an unheard of $32 million over 8 years to Saban. Luckily we have all the surly guys like you that are both desperate and savy enough to lead the charge to pace the field in NIL. What those dolts don't understand is that if Sark fails here then the world class NIL will make this job the cream of the crop and allow an elite coaches who hate recruiting to actually jump ship and not have to worry about talent acquisition ever again.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

Apparently Roach is saying Stewart is going to visit aggy this weekend and not Austin. Dream is dead it seems unless something changes.

Land Ewers

Elko to Duke

Robinson to PSU

a&m loses Dindy & Nolan because their DC & position coaches have left

Stewart realizes the a&m class is no longer a record-breaker, he'd still be saddled with an offense out of the 80's with a bad QB, & he could make more money in Austin in 6 months than he could ever dream of making in BCS in 3 years & comes to his senses 

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Like a week ago, Roach reported that Stewart was going to take his time with this decision, potentially into the spring, and then he committed to aggy like 2 hours later.  Maybe let's let the weekend play out before we take his word as gospel.

Regardless, Ketch sucks.

It's hard to take anything Roach says seriously, especially after hearing Finkley and Brown talking on IG live how they would straight up lie to recruiting reporters to see if they would put in a CB for the wrong team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Assuming QE isn’t a lock and assuming he even wants Stewart, this could be a little blow to him thinking players will follow him. 

Don't think it matters because surely Ewers doesn't believe he'd have any more success getting kids to follow him to Lubbock.   And from everything written, those are his two schools that he's narrowed it down to.  If the staff feels he needs an ego boost from being a pied piper, they can let Winfield back in the class.  Then hopefully Ewers and the offense perform well enough on the field to naturally impact the 2023 kids.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

lmao looch out to make everyone seem desperate today. 

There are two ways to look at this and neither are great optics for aggy.

1. He knows that aggys standards are so low that he will retire as a demi god without ever making an SEC championship.

2. He has already made enough money to not care about winning it all again. He knows LSU has a realistic chance to win a championship once or twice a decade and still chose to take less money to avoid the pressure

26 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

If he isn’t a lock anywhere yet, how can he expect kids to follow him? It’s a week from signing day.

How long does it take to flip. 

text "yo! old coach, I'm out"  ......

"Yo! new coach, I'm in"

Then Tweet: respect my decision

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting