Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I don't want to clog up the HWH press thread so I'll post this here. It's kind of amazing that nobody (cough Rovell cough) has linked the identities of the people behind HWH with their profiles. Good thing we drown out those substantive discussions with mcribs and chicken fried steak. Only degenerates like me/us can keep up. 

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

They weren't busts in College, IDGAF about the NFL honestly.

Outside of Vince what did the other guys accomplish, not much beyond the hype. I mean the argument that 5 stars have a good hit rate and the evidence to support that being they were all 1st round picks but you don't care that they didn't do shit in the NFL even tho they also mostly didn't do shit in college.

Edited by Michael Knight

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Outside of Vince what did the other guys accomplish, not much beyond the hype.

Clowney and Simms were pretty dominant college players if I remember correctly.  Lawrence seemed to be decent at Clemson but I guess our standards at UT are higher than theirs.  

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Outside of Vince what did the other guys accomplish, not much beyond the hype.

You are so enamored with it look at the list and tell me. I'm not being specific to perfect ratings either. I will go through the list and get back to you if you are really interested in my opinion but something tells me you aren't.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Lawrence was a lowly .9999, we're only talking about the truly elite 1.00 guys

So Clowney and Simms along with Vince were great college players.  Nkemdiche, if I remember had tons of injuries unfortunately.  Gary was a good player at Michigan but not dominant.  It seems if you can get a kid with a 1.00 score there is a good chance he will help your college team based on history.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So they never made that offer?  Which means billy doesn’t know shit?

He just wants to be able to tell recruits Jimbo turned down more money to stay at A&M, so when Texas offers you tons of NIL cash do what Jimbo did.

Edited by Yesh

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So Clowney and Simms along with Vince were great college players.  Nkemdiche, if I remember had tons of injuries unfortunately.  Gary was a good player at Michigan but not dominant.  It seems if you can get a kid with a 1.00 score there is a good chance he will help your college team based on history.

Clowney had great highlights and his final season was mostly him sitting out of games. Simms had promising start and a meh junior year. Only Vince lived up to that 1.0 rating in college and only Clowney can be considered to have lived up to it for a brief period in the NFL, tho I guess there's still a shot for Gary

Fyi, SIAP....    WOW 🤔

Florida is expected to hire LSU’s Corey Raymond as assistant head coach of the defense/cornerbacks coach, sources tell https://on3.com/news/2021-22-coaching-carousel-tracker-college-football/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Clowney had great highlights and his final season was mostly him sitting out of games. Simms had promising start and a meh junior year. Only Vince lived up to that 1.0 rating in college and only Clowney can be considered to have lived up to it for a brief period in the NFL, tho I guess there's still a shot for Gary

Clowney was a great college football player. He was a freshman all-American his first year. His second year he was a unanimous first team all-American and finished 6th in the Heisman voting, which is hard as hell to do as a defensive lineman. After that, he admittedly started looking towards the NFL, but he was still 1st team all-SEC in what was his “disappointing” year.

You are letting these guys’ failures in the NFL color how you remember them in college.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Vince only really lived up to it from the Tech game in ‘04 though. I know, Mack/GDGD and all, but if we’re just looking at production, the consistency only really started that game. He got pulled against Mizzou the game prior to that….

23 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Vince only really lived up to it from the Tech game in ‘04 though. I know, Mack/GDGD and all, but if we’re just looking at production, the consistency only really started that game. He got pulled against Mizzou the game prior to that….

And from the Tech game on he was the best player in the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting