Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

Cash Car told me to delete his account and I asked him if he wanted me to hide or delete hide meant come back later delete is permanent.

He responded "Fuck this place, delete"

Well, since I know he's still reading:  Fuck you Cash Car.  You were a worthless, shitty poster and probably an equally worthless, shitty human.  You won't be missed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/3/2018 at 12:11 AM, closetojumping said:

"Who Wants To Be a NILionaire?"

Shout out to @Tony Two K for the title change. @THUJONE also came in strong with "ALL CASH NO BRAKES". Here's hoping Quinn Ewers or some other asshole doesn't force a change to the negative.

--ctj 12/6/21

Pos rep to @closetojumping and @Tony Two K for rockstar thread title. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

If you were really committed to the cause you would bring some of our high profile 2022 targets to Paris with you to advertise your business internationally (totally legit NIL use) and so they could sign before our competitors wake up and realize what's happened. 7am in Paris is midnight here, so there's the plan. Up to you to execute.

p.s. Yes I know it's not legit NIL before they enroll, don't ruin my plan

He means Paris, TX. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Fuck, I must have missed the Rex Kramer melt down. That guy was always such a pussy, and basically doxxed himself with his incessant need to pat himself on the back for being born on third base.

His alleged wife did have one hell of a rack though…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Maybe Sweat, Warren, and one of Collins or Broughton?  We still need at least another half dozen players portaling out if Sark wants to bring in 33+ new student-athletes.

There's been enough attrition already to accommodate 33 new scholarship players 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ok, no. They've been telling anyone who will listen that they're going to have to fix this thing by breaking it down to the studs and roots and then building it back up. That started becoming mantra after the 4th or 5th buttfucking in a row. That wasn't the song and dance heading into the OU game or the summer. 

How they're planning on doing it involved a heavy dose of the transfer portal. They're probably doing something stupid and naive by not letting several guys from the portal announce already. If they fuck up the Minnesota lineman because they think they're taking their 4 top targets at OL plus the 2 committed, they've learned nothing over the past 10+ months and that's ... par for the course, I guess.

The 33 is recruits and transfers. They'll go over that number anyway if they can. Stop worrying about the numbers. They'll always make them make sense and NIL only improves that for every school.

If you think Texas winds up with only two transfers, you need to get your shit together, seek some help, and rejoin us later when you've rejoined the real world. 

If you're interested, I'll bet you whatever you want to bet that Texas will take 6 or more transfers this cycle by the transfer deadline, and you can have 5 or less. 

How are they going to circumvent the initial counter cap?  Greyshirt someone? 

15 minutes ago, Shonen said:

There's been enough attrition already to accommodate 33 new scholarship players 

Any help would be appreciated - I'm trying to figure out how all of this works.  I've got 12 graduating, 8 in the portal, and 3 kicked off.

Its also my understanding that the 85 is going back down to 82.

Is it because we can 1 for 1 with players that are leaving via the portal?  But wouldn't that still put us against the 82 limit?

image.thumb.png.463d69362441c4bcc1ad8f53d4c1a82a.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Any help would be appreciated - I'm trying to figure out how all of this works.  I've got 12 graduating, 8 in the portal, and 3 kicked off.

Its also my understanding that the 85 is going back down to 82.

Is it because we can 1 for 1 with players that are leaving via the portal?  But wouldn't that still put us against the 82 limit?

image.thumb.png.463d69362441c4bcc1ad8f53d4c1a82a.png

The scholarship limit remains 85. Impact of Seniors returning to use their COVID year is an open question I have with respect to their inclusion in the 85 hard cap. 

The 33 new additions is because we had 1 unused initial counter from prior cycle which allows us to backcount on of this year's early enrollees +25 normal initial counters allowed +up to 7 additional initial counters on a 1:1 basis for attrition lost this cycle through 12/15 - we're well over the 7 to allow 7extra initial counters: 

Jake Smith, Keithron Lee, Joshua Moore, Al'Vontae Woodard 

Rafiti Ghirmai, Tyler Johnson 

Terrence Cooks 

Tyler Owens, Marques Caldwell 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ok, no. They've been telling anyone who will listen that they're going to have to fix this thing by breaking it down to the studs and roots and then building it back up. That started becoming mantra after the 4th or 5th buttfucking in a row. That wasn't the song and dance heading into the OU game or the summer. 

How they're planning on doing it involved a heavy dose of the transfer portal. They're probably doing something stupid and naive by not letting several guys from the portal announce already. If they fuck up the Minnesota lineman because they think they're taking their 4 top targets at OL plus the 2 committed, they've learned nothing over the past 10+ months and that's ... par for the course, I guess.

The 33 is recruits and transfers. They'll go over that number anyway if they can. Stop worrying about the numbers. They'll always make them make sense and NIL only improves that for every school.

If you think Texas winds up with only two transfers, you need to get your shit together, seek some help, and rejoin us later when you've rejoined the real world. 

If you're interested, I'll bet you whatever you want to bet that Texas will take 6 or more transfers this cycle by the transfer deadline, and you can have 5 or less. 

I'm not disagreeing with your first point. But having a certain mantra before OU doesn't mean that that's the same mantra now. I think the coaches clearly misjudged the state of the roster last summer. So going into what they thought was going to be a 9-3/10-2 season, their plan could very well have been to focus more on transfers this cycle and plug any remaining holes. But after the, as you so aptly describe, "4th or 5th buttfucking in a row," I would assume their mindset changed to needing to tear this thing down to the studs and rebuild from the ground up. If I'm a coach, that means shifting to a focus on HS recruiting to get as many fresh-faced dudes in here as possible--I'm not sure you can do a full teardown/rebuild with transfers. 

And as you point out, I can't think of any good reason for keeping transfer announcements under wraps, except for their focusing being on landing HS recruits--at the risk of losing transfer commitments. 

To your second point, the basis of my post was on a 33-man counter. If roster rules are no longer relevant--which I have not seen any evidence for that being the case--then yes, anything is possible. Otherwise, I'm working off 25-man counter, 7-man transfer surplus, and limited EE count-backs. I would love to be shown evidence that roster rules no longer matter. 

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

How they're planning on doing it involved a heavy dose of the transfer portal. They're probably doing something stupid and naive by not letting several guys from the portal announce already. If they fuck up the Minnesota lineman because they think they're taking their 4 top targets at OL plus the 2 committed, they've learned nothing over the past 10+ months and that's ... par for the course, I guess

This doesn’t seem worth doing considering the OL signees could either ask out of their NLI or transfer as soon as the incoming transfer is announced. I suppose it could be argued that it’s easier to ask forgiveness once they’re already in the boat

Siap

Spoiler

Per IT

1. IT does not believe On3 Consensus 5-star OT Kelvin Banks (Humble, Texas/Summer Creek) will end up at Miami, as of this afternoon. The question remains if Banks will sign December 15, or wait until February. I'll call that fluid. Could go either way. Of course, Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M and others are trying to get him to push back. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks are still likely to make an in-home Friday. The key here will be if it's just Flood and Banks Friday, or all three. We shall see. Texas feels pretty good about the chances. As you guys know, this stuff is moving and changing hourly with this crazy cycle. But that's where it's at tonight.

2. Steve Sarkisian and staff members made an in-home tonight with an On3 Consensus 4-star prospect that is committed to another school. I'm not trying to be a tease, but I was asked not to get into specifics at this time. Best I can do. Staff is working hard to fill key positional needs.

3. IT will be watching for a certain former Top 300 ranked prospect to hit the portal Friday or Saturday. When that happens, Texas will be very much in the mix ... if not the outright favorite. And this is the level of portal player the Texas program needs.

Commence with the bad, and downright awful jokes; and we shall see what tomorrow brings!

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

2. Steve Sarkisian and staff members made an in-home tonight with an On3 Consensus 4-star prospect that is committed to another school. I'm not trying to be a tease, but I was asked not to get into specifics at this time. Best I can do. Staff is working hard to fill key positional needs.

FWIW: My money is on one of the kids from Little Elm.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting