2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I mean he broke the tackle of two 150 lb db’s that were scared of him it looks like….   There was nothing impressive about that, if he ran them over maybe but those last two dudes are tiny and not just compared to him.  There has to be better talent playing tonight that Sark could be watching or visiting over Shiner vs Refugio and I’m from a small town.  We got money to spend now  can we not concentrate on 4 and 5 stars now?  I’ve seen Shiner play if any of those kids get a spot with the money we are now offering, Sark should be fired and I like him.  Yes I get the other Brooks is 4 star but a 2a project that might be good at CB shouldn’t be what we are focusing on now.  

Edited by Hook1997

I mean he broke the tackle of two 150 lb db’s that were scared of him it looks like….   There was nothing impressive about that, if he ran them over maybe but those last two dudes are tiny and not just compared to him.  There has to be better talent playing tonight that Sark could be watching or visiting over Shiner vs Refugio and I’m from a small town.  We got money to spend now  can we not concentrate on 4 and 5 stars now?  I’ve seen Shiner play if any of those kids get a spot with the money we are now offering, Sark should be fired and I like him.  
1. It's Thursday. Where else do you think Sark should be?

2. No one is recruiting Brooks as a RB, but that clip shows elite athleticism for a DL prospect.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

1. It's Thursday. Where else do you think Sark should be?

2. No one is recruiting Brooks as a RB, but that clip shows elite athleticism for a DL prospect.

Idk maybe visit with the 4 and 5 stars we are in the hunt for still.  Maybe a olineman for this year, maybe a transfer whos season is over.  There’s a lot of options.  I played 2a ball unless a guy is a absolute freak at that level it very seldom works out.  Their cousin was that, I don’t think they are at that level or anyone else on that field is either.  I guarantee Saben, Riley, Jimbo, ect aren’t competing with Sark to be at that game…..   

Edited by Hook1997

22 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean he broke the tackle of two 150 lb db’s that were scared of him it looks like….   There was nothing impressive about that, if he ran them over maybe but those last two dudes are tiny and not just compared to him.  There has to be better talent playing tonight that Sark could be watching or visiting over Shiner vs Refugio and I’m from a small town.  We got money to spend now  can we not concentrate on 4 and 5 stars now?  I’ve seen Shiner play if any of those kids get a spot with the money we are now offering, Sark should be fired and I like him.  

Those Brooks bros are legit prospects. And Refugio is known for freak athletes, not sure who they have now though. 

Fun fact: The Texas HS high jump record is still held by former UT DB James Lott from Refugio in the 80s. My uncle judged at his district track meet once. He kept passing on attempts until an opponent couldn’t clear 6’10” or something up there. Lott finally went and cleared it while still wearing sweatpants. And I do know all those guys like him & willie mack Garza have big families with nephews and soon grandkids playing at Refugio. I’ll take a chance on that gene pool.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Those Brooks bros are legit prospects. And Refugio is known for freak athletes, not sure who they have now though. 

Fun fact: The Texas HS high jump record is still held by former UT DB James Lott from Refugio in the 80s. My uncle judged at his district track meet once. He kept passing on attempts until an opponent couldn’t clear 6’10” or something up there. Lott finally went and cleared it while still wearing sweatpants. And I do know all those guys like him & willie mack Garza have big families with nephews and soon grandkids playing at Refugio. I’ll take a chance on that gene pool.

Y’all are killing me lol.  Now we are going back to the 80’s.  How many other elite schools head coaches have visited Shiner or Refugio this year?   I’ll hang up and listen…….  People complain we don’t recruit well then standup for visits like this from a head coach while he could be doing better things in the last two weeks of signing day.  

Edited by Hook1997

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Y’all are killing me lol.  Now we are going back to the 80’s.  How many other elite schools have visited Shiner or Refugio this year?   I’ll hang up and listen……

Not a bad point haha. Dalton Brooks from Shiner has a couple college offers but mostly from smaller schools like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, Michigan, ND, and Texas. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-Brooks-46109467/

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Idk maybe visit with the 4 and 5 stars we are in the hunt for still.  Maybe a olineman for this year, maybe a transfer whos season is over.  There’s a lot of options.  I played 2a ball unless a guy is a absolute freak at that level it very seldom works out.  Their cousin was that, I don’t think they are at that level or anyone else on that field is either.  I guarantee Saben, Riley, Jimbo, ect aren’t competing with Sark to be at that game…..   

Saban, Riley, and Jimbo have all literally offered Dalton Brooks.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not a bad point haha. Dalton Brooks from Shiner has a couple college offers but mostly from smaller schools like Alabama, Ohio St, Michigan, ND, and Texas. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-Brooks-46109467/

I hear what you are saying but Saban, Riley or Jimbo aren’t showing up at this kids football game the last two weeks of early signing day and are probably using him as a backup option… (something Texas needs to do more other than eggs in one basket approach).   Saban I can guarantee has never met this kid face to face.  They are visiting atleast what they think are for sure guys at this point and not him. You can’t bitch about not recruiting top talent missing five stars Bama level and back this visit at the same time, there plenty better places he could be tonight on that front….

17 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Saban, Riley, and Jimbo have all literally offered Dalton Brooks.

Edited by Hook1997

49 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Y’all are killing me lol.  Now we are going back to the 80’s.  How many other elite schools head coaches have visited Shiner or Refugio this year?   I’ll hang up and listen…….  

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dalton-Brooks-142430/RecruitInterests/

dumbass GIF

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I hear what you are saying but Saban, Riley or Jimbo aren’t showing up at this kids football game the last two weeks of early signing day and are probably using his a backup option….   They are visiting atleast what they think are for sure guys at this point   

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Everyone is cool rating eating except Texas and atm in state only all others are soft offers, Sark being the only head coach visit, So proving my point?    I mean everyone bitches about top recruits not being recruited and I point it out that this might be a obvious why and get shit… Ok I’ll take it.  If anyone out of this game starts for Bama or Texas for a full year I owe you a $100.   That’s not happening.   We are two weeks from early signing day, Sark should have more important places to be is my only point.  

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean he broke the tackle of two 150 lb db’s that were scared of him it looks like….   There was nothing impressive about that, if he ran them over maybe but those last two dudes are tiny and not just compared to him.  There has to be better talent playing tonight that Sark could be watching or visiting over Shiner vs Refugio and I’m from a small town.  We got money to spend now  can we not concentrate on 4 and 5 stars now?  I’ve seen Shiner play if any of those kids get a spot with the money we are now offering, Sark should be fired and I like him.  Yes I get the other Brooks is 4 star but a 2a project that might be good at CB shouldn’t be what we are focusing on now.  

I agree on the part that he only broke 3 tackles and nobody got trucked or run the fuck over. He had lead blockers and then the DBs were  making Deion "business decisions."  That shit changes in college.

That doesn't mean Brooks might not play DL or some shit, but he's not going to be a D-1 RB.  He won't be for very long at least, or very situational in use.

Flipside of your point on the recruiting part is bullshit.  talent is talent, and it doesn't matter what size school they play for in high school.  So the 320# kid has quick feet and they put him at RB because of the 150# DBs and shit... that doesn't mean he'll play RB iat the next level.  Size that can fucking move is a pretty damned good commodity to be seeking out, no? Add in being the motor for a very storied, winning program, and there's some value there, IMHO.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I agree on the part that he only broke 3 tackles and nobody got trucked or run the fuck over. He had lead blockers and then the DBs were  making Deion "business decisions."  That shit changes in college.

That doesn't mean Brooks might not play DL or some shit, but he's not going to be a D-1 RB.  He won't be for very long at least, or very situational in use.

Flipside of your point on the recruiting part is bullshit.  talent is talent, and it doesn't matter what size school they play for in high school.  So the 320# kid has quick feet and they put him at RB because of the 150# DBs and shit... that doesn't mean he'll play RB iat the next level.  Size that can fucking move is a pretty damned good commodity to be seeking out, no? Add in being the motor for a very storied, winning program, and there's some value there, IMHO.

A reminder that the guy in the clip is Douglas Brooks, whose best offer is Houston but we're keeping an eye on.

His WR brother Dalton is the bluechip and the real reason Sark was there.

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

That Doug Brooks kid is a slow fat fuck.

I’m sure Sark will offer.

If you want his brother bad enough he will...I think Doug would be a good player on special teams, fullback, and as a rotational guy along the defensive front. After NSD1 comes and goes we should reevalute where we are with numbers. According to some on IT A&M is offering Doug PWO and a fat NIL deal.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I hear what you are saying but Saban, Riley or Jimbo aren’t showing up at this kids football game the last two weeks of early signing day and are probably using him as a backup option… (something Texas needs to do more other than eggs in one basket approach).   Saban I can guarantee has never met this kid face to face.  They are visiting atleast what they think are for sure guys at this point and not him. You can’t bitch about not recruiting top talent missing five stars Bama level and back this visit at the same time, there plenty better places he could be tonight on that front….

HE FUCKING SHOWED UP BECAUSE A&M IS OUR BIGGEST THREAT TO LAND DALTON. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST STOP WITH THIS SHIT. DALTON IS AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING STUD AND HAS OFFERS FROM EVERY GOT DAMN ELITE PROGRAM. QUIT FUCKING DYING ON THIS HILL YOU STUPID FUCKING POMPOUS DIPSHIT FUCKSTAIN. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHY SARK IS THERE....HE LITERALLY WAS IN HOUSTON DOING IN HOMES AND STOPPED BY ON THE WAY BACK TO AUSTIN YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING PUSSY BITCH.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

HE FUCKING SHOWED UP BECAUSE A&M IS OUR BIGGEST THREAT TO LAND DALTON. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST STOP WITH THIS SHIT. DALTON IS AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING STUD AND HAS OFFERS FROM EVERY GOT DAMN ELITE PROGRAM. QUIT FUCKING DYING ON THIS HILL YOU STUPID FUCKING POMPOUS DIPSHIT FUCKSTAIN. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHY SARK IS THERE....HE LITERALLY WAS IN HOUSTON DOING IN HOMES AND STOPPED BY ON THE WAY BACK TO AUSTIN YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING PUSSY BITCH.

This should about cover it….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Y’all are killing me lol.  Now we are going back to the 80’s.  How many other elite schools head coaches have visited Shiner or Refugio this year?   I’ll hang up and listen…….  People complain we don’t recruit well then standup for visits like this from a head coach while he could be doing better things in the last two weeks of signing day.  

He should have been at the Duncanville v DeSoto game lotto talent there.  Oh wait That's Saturday.

Maybe he should have been preparing for our bowl game.  Oh wait we don't have a bowl game. 

Well hell, maybe that was good use of a few hours on Thursday night. 

48 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A reminder that the guy in the clip is Douglas Brooks, whose best offer is Houston but we're keeping an eye on.

His WR brother Dalton is the bluechip and the real reason Sark was there.

Indeed. Dalton had 22 carries for 384 and 6TDs...  Lil Doug only had 187 and 2 TDs.

and Dalton is being recruited mostly as a DB.

Edited by slorch

22 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

He should have been at the Duncanville v DeSoto game lotto talent there.  Oh wait That's Saturday.

Maybe he should have been preparing for our bowl game.  Oh wait we don't have a bowl game. 

Well hell, maybe that was good use of a few hours on Thursday night. 

And if anything it’s good PR due to the fact you hardly see a major program HC or even key recruiting staff make their way south of San Antonio.   South Texas is not known as a key destination for top tier recruits and kids have been missed because of this who do go to non P5 schools or walk on at a P5 and end up doing very well. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Why would they do that?  Bad blood?  I’ve heard Refugio has always liked to run it up 

Refugio has a reputation and many in the area have disdain for them because of the way they run it up.  There is a big difference in running it up because the opposing team can't stop you.   And running it up with time outs late and running reverse pass plays in the last few seconds and scoring to put the 70th point on the scoreboard.  They've done this more than a few times during the current coach's tenure.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Refugio has a reputation and many in the area have disdain for them because of the way they run it up.  There is a big difference in running it up because the opposing team can't stop you.   And running it up with time outs late and running reverse pass plays in the last few seconds and scoring to put the 70th point on the scoreboard.  They've done this more than a few times during the current coach's tenure.

Under the guise of “we want the kids to always be ready “

Andra Manson of Brenham jumped 7’ 7” in 2002.

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And if anything it’s good PR due to the fact you hardly see a major program HC or even key recruiting staff make their way south of San Antonio.   South Texas is not known as a key destination for top tier recruits and kids have been missed because of this who do go to non P5 schools or walk on at a P5 and end up doing very well. 

Unless there’s another Detmer qb at mission, no reason to recruit south of SA 

58 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

the Refugio coach is a world class dildo, fuck him 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Everyone is cool rating eating except Texas and atm in state only all others are soft offers, Sark being the only head coach visit, So proving my point?    I mean everyone bitches about top recruits not being recruited and I point it out that this might be a obvious why and get shit… Ok I’ll take it.  If anyone out of this game starts for Bama or Texas for a full year I owe you a $100.   That’s not happening.   We are two weeks from early signing day, Sark should have more important places to be is my only point.  

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Why would they do that?  Bad blood?  I’ve heard Refugio has always liked to run it up 

It was also strategic. Refugio’s only scoring threats were a couple of big returns in the first half. Shiner started onside kicking in the second half to take away that threat and keep momentum. Refugio wasn’t going to move the ball offensively, so Shiner took away their one big, quick scoring threat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

It was also strategic. Refugio’s only scoring threats were a couple of big returns in the first half. Shiner started onside kicking in the second half to take away that threat and keep momentum. Refugio wasn’t going to move the ball offensively, so Shiner took away their one big, quick scoring threat. 

also shiner really hates Refugio 

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

Does anyone know if the Vandergrift / Westlake game is going to be televised tomorrow?

KXAN streams the game. I'm watching Liberty Hill playing Alamo Heights. At the half, Alamo Heights is up 19-14.  You can find the link tomorrow at Westlake Nation on Facebook. They usually post the link a few hours before the game. Westlake HS handles the broadcast and the announcers are completely unbiased, so it's really enjoyable. 

• Haha 1