Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

Guest Lobo

Well dammit, not the 4-1 Italian blowout I was promised.  Spain impressed playing this tight to a PK loss.  Rough stuff.  Congrats Italy. 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

2008-2012 Spain were sooo fucking good.

I enjoyed watching Spain getting knocked out of the 2009 Confederations Cup.

I did NOT enjoy watching Spain get away with tackling Arjen Robben on a breakaway and getting off without so much as a whistle for what deserved to be a straight red card in the 2010 WC final.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Well dammit, not the 4-1 Italian blowout I was promised.  Spain impressed playing this tight to a PK loss.  Rough stuff.  Congrats Italy. 

I called 4-1 I admit it. And I didn’t realize how much Spinazzola mean to Italy.

That said, I still got the winner right. 

Edited by Captain Ron

Guest Lobo

Yes, some people with family from Spain hoped and picked Spain to win.  What an utter and complete break from international soccer norms.  I didn't think the Longhorns would beat Oklahoma last year, but I "predicted" they would.  it's what happens when you're emotionally and physically tied to a team and want the other side to die in a river.   

Having said that---I hope Italy beats the bag outta England.  But hey, if Denmark advances---I think you gotta pull for the 'dog.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I enjoyed watching Spain getting knocked out of the 2009 Confederations Cup.

I did NOT enjoy watching Spain get away with tackling Arjen Robben on a breakaway and getting off without so much as a whistle for what deserved to be a straight red card in the 2010 WC final.

Shit happens. Go look at Luis Enrique in the 1994 WC against Italy for a lack of a red card. 

Just now, Napoleon said:

YES!!

This one!!

The karate kick was in anticipation of all of the diving that the gallegos would do over the the next 100+ minutes. 

LoL c'mon, man, Robben set the gold standard for diving that entire tournament, and you're talking to someone who sees him as the ideal winger.

You're in the wrong thread, btw. Better be watching your Argies!

This kid has a 19 minute video of PREGAME & GAME FOOTAGE of Italy vs Spain.

I started watching in the second half, I didn't need all of the pregame & first half, but holy shit the fan reactions in the stadium and the predictions of those around him are pretty fucking awesome.

I will probably repost this at the top of the next page so that it doesn't get lost in the fray.

• Like 1