Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Has Kane done anything today that didn't suck?

His passing has been immaculate in starting attacks for England. The final third is bogging down, but that isn't all on him - this Italian team is kind of good.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you would think Sterling would have learned by now to stop fucking around at the top of box and take a damn shot. 

If you're talking the last play for England of the half - he didn't have a shot to take, not space. The pass to Kane was right, but Kane wasn't moving on the ball and it was intercepted. 

His decision making at times stinks, that wasn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, that's reaching a bit, but okay -- has Kane done anything in the last 47 minutes that didn't suck?

Yes, all of his passing to start England's attack. The guys passing in the middle 1/3rd is nails right now.

If you're calling his pass to start the goal reaching, they you're just seeing what you want to see.

Just now, WBT said:

How is it reaching?  That was a great pass to spring Trippier.

Because it was a really obvious pass to a guy who had about half an acre of space around him?

Have you not noticed the literally half a dozen times that Kane has dribbled into trouble instead of picking an equally obvious pass then turned it over?  He's fucked up plenty today.

Italy look great until they near England's 18-meter box, when they suddenly decide to stop moving forward and pass it around the perimeter. England's five-man back line has something to do with it, but it also looks as if the Azzurri are hesitant to make that cross or diagonal. For them to equalize, they are going to have to be more dynamic and decisive.

Meanwhile, the Three Lions have been much more direct when they have the ball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Shoot better!! Duh!

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I get it. I heard that stat as well. But they just seem to be passing, passing & passing and not getting good shots

To be fair, Italy only had 1 on frame. I agree they aren't shooting great and probably should snap a few more off.