Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

That's an ambitious loan - he has to compete with Adams, Obafemi, and probably Adam Armstrong.

First Livramento and now Broja. Chelsea is become Southampton's feeder club 🙂 Chelsea-on-Sea

In all seriousness, he looks like a really quality player that just isn't going to crack Chelsea's uber talented first team, especially with Lukaku coming back.

• 19 years old, 6'-3"
  • scored 10 goals in 30 matches while on loan at Vitesse last season.
  • appears to have serious pace.

I think he can compete and contribute. Hasenhuttl likes to play two up front, So, I think our top 4 forwards will be Adams, Armstrong (Blackburn), Broja, and Tella. I suspect Obafemi is going to be sold (part of the Armstrong deal) or go out on loan.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think that Messi may actually go to play in Paris.

I'm serious.

d73e68a131fc8b751542fb1b4128a82cb7009769

Lionel Messi has arrived in Paris

Lionel Messi waves to supporters from a window after he landed on August 10, 2021 at Le Bourget airport, north of Paris, as Paris Saint-Germain look to complete the 34-year-old signing following his departure from Barcelona

Don't ask me how I know.

He's going from playing in a stadium that seats 99,000+ to a stadium that seats a little under 48,000. (Less than HALF of his old stadium... bummer.)

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, 936horn said:

I like to imagine all 20 of the pre-Qatar PSG supporters out there probably just having the time of their lives right now. 

When Ronaldinho was there, he converted more than 20 supporters.

Hell, Pochettino probably converted more than 20 supporters when he played there.

But no, it wasn't what it is today. It was like Citeh... if Citeh had been located in a suburb of Brighton.

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You’ll never guess which network just spent a bunch of money to buy the U.S. TV rights to La Liga only to see that league’s #1 attraction leave the league and with it, take nearly all U.S. interest in La Liga…

😂

AE925CE3-64BD-4395-858E-AB9726628927.jpeg

BeIn Sports and Ray Hudson are the real winners.  Magisterial!

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

PSG wins this summer's window

It'll be interesting to see if any of their attackers even half-assedly tries to play defense or if they just try to win every game 6-5 with Donnarumma making some wonder saves. Ramos at this point is pretty static back there, but he'll definitely yell a lot and try some shithousery.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

#30? I get Neymar has 10 but 30?

I'm sure that there's some significance there, but I thought that he would go with 19 (one of the two rumored numbers along with 30) because he's worn it before.

That jersey will sell millions in the next 30 days.

And their road kit is much cooler.

In one year, I would think that there would be at least $30M in "PSG #30" shirt sales between Home/ Road / Third. AT LEAST!

I’ve never claimed that FSG are some white knights of sports ownership (as their involvement with the super league clearly shows). But rich people have owned sports franchises for pretty much the history of organized sports. 

The ridiculous cooked books and sports washing projects from petro-state owned clubs like Manchester City and PSG have taken a lot of thrill out of the game for me and many others. 

• Hook 'Em 6

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

In one year, I would think that there would be at least $30M in "PSG #30" shirt sales between Home/ Road / Third. AT LEAST!

Way, way, way more. Chepaest shirt on fanatics is $90. The match quality one is like $165. Apparently they sold out in 30 mins after he decided his #. 

Messi is the most popular athlete in the world. Maybe ever in our age of globalization. No way they do less than 9 figures in Messi kits in year 1. 

Here you go:

About 2 million Messi jerseys are sold each year at prices ranging from $100 to $200. Teams typically net 15% of apparel proceeds, so his new team could expect about $45 million from jersey sales alone.

https://www.livemint.com/sports/football-news/what-s-lionel-messi-worth-one-calculation-says-175-million-11598577592135.html

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1