Tell me where you would go for an Anniversary meal in Ft Worth area

Shoxthemonkey

My Son-in-law's parents will have their 50th Anniversary Saturday. They live in Keller. They are planning to go to Outback to celebrate. He would like to get some suggestions from Surly so that he can take them someplace better. Help me help him. As my daughter told me, "Patty deserves to go someplace where Dan has to put on long pants at the very least".

$100/person is not too much.

Since they're old and living in Keller I would aim any recs in the Southlake area. 

Kirby's in Southlake. It's not Grace or Del Frisco's (FW) but if they had their sights set on Outback, that place would feel like a huge step up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Since they're old and living in Keller I would aim any recs in the Southlake area. 

Kirby's in Southlake. It's not Grace or Del Frisco's (FW) but if they had their sights set on Outback, that place would feel like a huge step up. 

The kids will be with them so driving isn't an issue but this looks good. Thanks

They're going to a restaurant for their 50th anniversary? Wow.

At a bare minimum that calls for a reserved room and a big dinner with friends.

That's a big one. Dan needs to get his shit together.

That's the kind of event that requires actual mailed invitations and an RSVP.  And a big fucking cake.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

They're going to a restaurant for their 50th anniversary? Wow.

At a bare minimum that calls for a reserved room and a big dinner with friends.

That's a big one. Dan needs to get his shit together.

That's the kind of event that requires actual mailed invitations and an RSVP.  And a big fucking cake.

It's a long story but the short part is that Patty lost her mother to covid 30 days ago.

5 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I like Reata downtown.  Maybe not the most white tablecloth place ever, but a really interesting menu and a damn-sight better than Outback.

But are there rules? Cause at Outback there are no rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I like Reata downtown.  Maybe not the most white tablecloth place ever, but a really interesting menu and a damn-sight better than Outback.

Never been to the Fort Worth location, but the carne asada in Alpine is one of the best goddamn meals I've ever eaten.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, bluto said:

Cool setting but always been meh on food at reata. Grace and Waters both delivered the good on my trips there.

Grace is our go-to in Ft Worth, but I have a feeling that's probably not Patty and Dan's speed. They sound a lot like my parents and with that in mind, a place like The Keg would be perfect. That's where my parents go for their bigger celebrations (they usually do an Outback level to celebrate normal things). In fact, I think they did their 50th anniversary at The Keg. It will definitely feel like a step up from Outback for Patty, but Dan can still wear his short pants, especially if they sit on the patio. There isn't one in Ft Worth proper, but there's one in Irving and one in Arlington. @Shoxthemonkey I'm probably late on this, but they can't miss with The Keg.

Edited by Landomatic

On 5/28/2021 at 7:07 AM, Landomatic said:

Grace is our go-to in Ft Worth, but I have a feeling that's probably not Patty and Dan's speed. They sound a lot like my parents and with that in mind, a place like The Keg would be perfect. That's where my parents go for their bigger celebrations (they usually do an Outback level to celebrate normal things). In fact, I think they did their 50th anniversary at The Keg. It will definitely feel like a step up from Outback for Patty, but Dan can still wear his short pants, especially if they sit on the patio. There isn't one in Ft Worth proper, but there's one in Irving and one in Arlington. @Shoxthemonkey I'm probably late on this, but they can't miss with The Keg.

I went to the one in Arlington for a work dinner, I’d  heard solid things about it and it was meh. Saltgrass has a better steak. The best thing was the twice baked potato they hype couldn’t even be modified to remove the chives. Sales guy I was with (who was paying lol) asked and they were like sorry no mods. Everyone else at the table got it and they came out looking and tasting like the frozen kind from Omaha steaks or Sysco. 

Drinks were weak too so I noticed the meh of the rest of it lol.

Jesus Christ! Talked to my daughter last night to see how it turned out. They went to... outback. Those of you defending Dan need to find a better hero to defend. I'm sorry I bothered y'all but I guess it was a good exercise in "my taste is more refined than yours". Thanks again.

• Like 1