Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

fucking A GT you have one job....ONE JOB try and get it done

and man those UC and CSU schools play hard in the NCAAs I am hoping to see Stanford go down, but then again you have to see a UC school advance that is playing well enough to beat Stanford (hopefully at least one game so far)

So anyone want to clarify the Final game rainout rules? It is supposed to pour in Arkansas the next 24 hrs. If the SEC rant guys are right, we might get some great lulz regarding Pig tomorrow…. They say the team with the most wins, not high ceed advances according to them.. if so a 3-1 Neb would advance over the 2-1 Pig…

Im conflicted because it would be bush league as fuck, but then again FUCK Arky so…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

There's rain forecast at a couple of game 6's/7's around the nation tomorrow.  they're gonna have to say fuck it to TV and just fit them in when they can.  There's static start times at 6 and 9pm tomorrow (CDT).  That ain't gonna work.  You get those teams out at 12noon and ready to play and ready to get in 7 innings whenever they can.  Fuck this accommodating SECN shit.  

FYI-Arizona and East Caroline push on thru to Supers on the other side of the bracket.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So anyone want to clarify the Final game rainout rules? It is supposed to pour in Arkansas the next 24 hrs. If the SEC rant guys are right, we might get some great lulz regarding Pig tomorrow…. They say the team with the most wins, not high ceed advances according to them.. if so a 3-1 Neb would advance over the 2-1 Pig…

Im conflicted because it would be bush league as fuck, but then again FUCK Arky so…

Regionals can extend to Tuesday, it would need to be as early as possible Tuesday morning. But if they can’t get it in, Neb would likely advance. Committee makes the call I think

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, salonghorn said:

Can some one offer an explanation as to why there are so many runs being scored in some of the regional games. Is pitvhing not a premium this year? Or is it a lack of pitching depth?

I'm guessing a lot of the smaller schools played pretty short seasons, after basically no season, with truncated nonconference schedules. So the competition may be a little weaker with distorted RPIs, etc.  See, e.g. Fairfield.

Guest Lobo

I agree.  Plenty of great games on tap including two that involve our super opponent.  I just don’t want to wait up until midnight tomorrow to know the supers schedule for Friday.  

I agree.  Plenty of great games on tap including two that involve our super opponent.  I just don’t want to wait up until midnight tomorrow to know the supers schedule for Friday.  
Do all the Super Regionals start on Friday?

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Do all the Super Regionals start on Friday?

More importantly - does who we're playing make a fuck? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

How is Arizona the home team tonight if they are 2-0 in their own regional ?

Tech was visitors in Games 2 and 3  this weekend... in Lubbock.

Is it just a coin flip or what?