2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Yep that could have gotten out of hand in a hurry. I think a lot depends on what they do in this next half inning with the meat of their lineup in terms of their decision on Payne.

If they are throwing Highfill tomorrow, and they should, they will probably concede this game and just leave this kid out there as long as he can go to save their bullpen. Kind of like what they did against Arkansas in the Supers.

Just need to find somebody to play 1B.

Just now, dieucla98 said:

Hypothetically, if this gets out of hand, could NC State forfeit rather than start to burn up their very limited pitching staff? Ideally after Rocker throws 80+.

I don't think so.  I feel like that would've happened before in another series.  Its to Vandy's benefit to play 9 innings.  You can't punish them for scoring too much.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Announcers said they could.  But announcers also suck ass, so who knows.

I could see them allowing it if you were out of pitchers to avoid injury. I doubt you can just do it if you have pitchers left. 

I’m not sure it matters that much what Vandy does with regard to pitching Rockler today. They can leave him in and pitch him next week. All they need to do is insure they avoid elimination today, and tee it up the next game against a team that is personnel deficient and mindfucked after what has occurred. Hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Wishbone

4 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I could see them allowing it if you were out of pitchers to avoid injury. I doubt you can just do it if you have pitchers left. 

I read the rules and it looks like you can simply refuse to continuing playing and forfeit in the NCAA.  Now why doesn't that happen?  I'm guessing 1.  The message it sends to your team isn't something coaches want to do and 2.  Fans would be livid.

• Hook 'Em 1