2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Jesus, Vandy goes from one strike away from being eliminated on Wednesday to potentially waltzing into the finals without having to play Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun.  While Texas has to play Thurs-Fri-Sat and MSU Fri-Sat. 

I hate to put an asterisk on a title, but if Vandy wins the whole thing, you have to.  At least the other programs who had to forfeit in their tournaments (VCU MBB, Michigan and ND Hockey) did so in the first round, not the semifinals. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, immamac said:

I was actually just going to post this. It makes so much sense. Texas plays MSU, wins. MSU plays candy, advances. 

3 team playoff instead of 4. 

I think it's Texas and Vandy play an elimination game then winner faces Miss State for the title in the champ series.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Advancing MSU and having Texas-Vandy in a one game playoff tomorrow at 6pm to meet them makes WAAAAAY to much fucking sense for the NCAA to pull off.  If I'm Texas/MSU and NCState has to forfeit I'm raising holy hell.

It's the only right option.  

So it won't happen and Vandy will get a free spot in the finals because SEC

This is going to practically guarantee that there will be claims of bias regardless of how this is approached..

This is completely fucked now and the NCAA has to  either delay all games for a week to let everyone get back on a decent rest schedule or just cancel it now. Because of the time/rest component of all of this, forcing a forfeit for any team will provide an extreme advantage for one team and put the other bracket at a guaranteed disadvantage regardless who comes out of this.

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

"Hearing NC State will play but with a roster of 13: four pitchers, nine position players total. Game time tbd. Wolfpack still in it.”

Fucking christ...

Just now, The Dog said:

that's nuts.

It's more than nuts.  It's Christ's nuts.

Seriously, that's some hardcore shit.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Whew. Sanity prevails. Let's play some baseball!

yep.  I kind of liked the potential opportunity for a one off with Vandy to get the champ series against MSU.  my guess is if they offer that to Vandy, Vandy would have said "yeah, no, we'll take our chances with team Covid".