2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There’s no vaccine for stupid

From mid 2021=>, COVID will take care of stupid. 

Now I’m just annoyed that the Vandy team that should have lost in the 9th two games ago now gets to sleep late and rest. 

The most annoying fantasy football league member (and most successful owner) is a Vandy grad who can be insufferable. About half of the league are Longhorns. I don’t want to hear the shit that will flow from now until draft weekend if Vandy wins. 🤢🤮

45 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Well this page has taught me that the apparently official Texas Golf surly member really hates anyone implying you should get vaccinated.  

I mean if you are vaccinated good for you. If you are so insecure in your vaccinated status why the fuck do you think it would help for someone else to have the aforementioned ineffective vaccine?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

13 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

"Indoctrinate?"

Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, don't "indoctrinate" them with science while they're enrolled in a University that prides itself on research prowess.

They ain’t come there to play science

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

Fucking dumbass NC State motherfucker is not only doing a shitty job taking care of his players, he also is giving Vandy a day off.

Motherfucker.

Guaranteed that dipshit is not vaccinated. Watch him get covid on the flight home

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Seeing antivaxxers take it in the jimmy never gets old.

Can we Covid  test the whistler?

Just wait until antibody dependent enhancement kicks in this fall. Of course you will have a prebuilt excuse to blame the people who refused your experimental gene therapy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

14 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

If the NCAA is truly worried about this virus which has killed million of college aged kids, then Vandy, who played against several players who were positive yesterday, must be tested and handled accordingly. 

Added three zeros there sport. 

17 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

If the NCAA is truly worried about this virus which has killed million of college aged kids, then Vandy, who played against several players who were positive yesterday, must be tested and handled accordingly. 

Actually Vandy shouldn’t be tested unless someone on the team hasn’t been vaccinated and tests positive because rules. How do they work? It’s not like this wasn’t all explained to everyone beforehand. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Look, o think every single person on this one is correct in what they’ve said, it’s just only looking at shit that fits there agenda. 

fact- the N C state dudes that didn’t get vaccinated are assholes for putting their team in jeopardy

Fact- the NC State coach and AD are fucking idiots for not making the vaccine required for playing on the team- since this was always a possible end result

Fact- it sucks that we are getting disadvantaged here if we win and face Vandy, and Vandy will forever have an asterisk on their title

Fact- it’s absurd that the NCAA is testing and disqualifying fully vaccinated players. They are at such a ridiculously small chance of having anything happen to them that there’s no cost benefit analysis that makes that testing make sense 

Fact- the entire country more or less- is massless now and nobody (In any numbers that matters- not the literal sense of the word) should give a fuck about any of this shit beyond political gotcha shit. If you are vaxed you are safe and if you aren’t on some level you get what you get and why the fuck should we care  if you want to make yourself sick or kill your self bc you are a moron. This texting and protocols are absurd considering even without a Vax not one single athlete died, and now those that want to protect themselves have and did. 

this entire chain of events is so fucking stupid that it can only be in America, circa 2021. 
If I missed anything in what I was laying out my apologies- I didn’t see a single post or opinion on this page that was in any way wrong...

• Hook 'Em 7

Just wait until antibody dependent enhancement kicks in this fall. Of course you will have a prebuilt excuse to blame the people who refused your experimental gene therapy.

Stop trying to pretend you are smart or understand those words. No mentally stable person is buying your act.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually Vandy shouldn’t be tested unless someone on the team hasn’t been vaccinated and tests positive because rules. How do they work? It’s not like this wasn’t all explained to everyone beforehand. 

No they should be tested because their team came in contact with another team which had covid. Same reason the vaccinated players on NCState were tested.
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I mean if you are vaccinated good for you. If you are so insecure in your vaccinated status why the fuck do you think it would help for someone else to have the aforementioned ineffective vaccine?

26 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Get out of here with this bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

So dumb when people think sports should be exempt from established health and safety standards Bc they may not be entertained, which is their god given right.

They’d be bitching too if the NCAA decided however many games into the CWS to scrap the rules and procedures all teams agreed to when the postseason started to help NCSU

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

While true, think about that. They are essentially having to forfeit because of the four vaccinated players that played today testing positive. Otherwise they could at least roll the same lineup out tomorrow. 

Had the whole team gotten vaccinated, those four could still “have covid”, we just wouldn’t care to know. That could be these case right now with any of the other three teams. 

You want to test every player on every team because a few dipshits here and there won’t get vaccinated. Fuck that. And fuck those morons for costing their teammates their dream

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Wtf is wrong with some of y’all? NC State knew the health and safety rules and the risks of showing up with unvaccinated players. They made their own beds and have to suffer the consequences.  It’s on them to follow the rules in place, not the NCAA to change their rules mid-postseason to accommodate them.  

NC State coach is an idiot. 

image.gif.4afdadd852eeb72fa5c250d20165512b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There was a clear, obvious, and easy-to-access way to not get tested for COVID and the players didn't take it. (Hell, I got my first dose at NCSt's basketball arena)

Stupid games, stupid prizes.

Didn't 4 of the vax kids also test positive?

So is everyone forgetting if you had Covid you developed the antibodies so there isn't a point in even taking the vaccine?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Didn't 4 of the vax kids also test positive?

So is everyone forgetting if you had Covid you developed the antibodies so there isn't a point in even taking the vaccine?

The NCAA doesn't test vaccinated players/staff, so you're guaranteed to be good to go if you get it done.

Edited by texifornia

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You want to test every player on every team because a few dipshits here and there won’t get vaccinated. Fuck that. And fuck those morons for costing their teammates their dream

Hell no, I don’t. I think it beyond stupid that fully vaccinated players were tested and ruled out. 

I’m just saying we aren’t really concerned about those players having Covid. That’s why we don’t even bother testing most of them. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

100% this. I hope sark has the team fully vaccinated 

I’d rather CDC take the short term bitching/“boycotts” and mandate it for all athletes starting in the fall.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I meant as part of their standard testing. The full team testing came once the shitshow was rolling.

If the team had been vaccinated like UT's is, none of this happens.

But what’s the difference between the vaccinated NCST players and the vaccinated Texas players?  Both have the same protection. Both should be allowed to play no matter what. 

These teams are not on lockdown.  They have days off and can do whatever they want. They can “get it” from anywhere. Doesn’t have to be an unvaccinated teammate. 

Just now, Don Johnson said:

But what’s the difference between the vaccinated NCST players and the vaccinated Texas players?  Both have the same protection. Both should be allowed to play no matter what. 

These teams are not on lockdown.  They have days off and can do whatever they want. They can “get it” from anywhere. Doesn’t have to be an unvaccinated teammate. 

The rules are dumb, but they're also really clear, much like weed testing. Get your team vaccinated and this isn't a problem.

Lord knows college athletes are already full of weird supplements, this one at least will probably just give you a little dead arm for a day and then you won't be responsible for fucking over your team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The rules are dumb, but they're also really clear, much like weed testing. Get your team vaccinated and this isn't a problem.

Lord knows college athletes are already full of weird supplements, this one at least will probably just give you a little dead arm for a day and then you won't be responsible for fucking over your team.

We agree the rules are dumb. I don’t know how clear they are. They certainly weren’t clear to anyone yesterday.

I don’t see how any clear rules would allow those vaccinated players to play a game yesterday during a covid outbreak. But then require them to be tested right after and be ruled out for the next day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Is there any official announcement from NCAA saying how many vaccinated players also got Covid or is it coming from NC State people? While the vaccine is effective against catching the virus, it's more effective in keeping people from getting very sick. That's the whole point - don't get hospitalized.

Kansas was eliminated from the Big 12 MBB tournament due to covid protocol and Texas got extra rest because of it. They went on to win it all. We are facing the same exact situation that benefited Texas before but hurting us now. I didn't complain then and i won't complain now.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If the whole team is vaccinated, there’s no testing. NC State rolled in with multiple unvaccinated players, which subjected the whole team to testing if a positive popped up, and gambled. They lost.  

Those are the rules. And multiple posters have huge boners over the punitive aspect of this. 

But from a health/safety aspect, there’s no difference between the NCST fully vaccinated players and the fully vaccinated players on other teams. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think part of the point of still having testing/protocols is so that the self-interested players and coaches don't spread COVID to unvaccinated workers at Omaha hotels, restaurants, etc. The first group used "personal choice" not to be vaxed, the other group is rightly worried about getting fired for missing work, haven't been told how simple the vax process is, or simply can't afford to miss out on the paycheck if they get symptoms from the vaccine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think we can all agree the umps should be tested - vaccinated or not. Maybe we should assume they’re positive and get em out.

Ultimately we are all accepting the risks here. That includes Vanderbilt players and staff of playing with and against unvaccinated players. They played a partial season knowing that no one or few were vaccinated. Tulowitzki still wears a face covering. Everyone is making risk based decisions.

Now let’s assume all of Vandy is vaccinated. What’s the risk to them?

I’m generally a rule follower, but these are rules that are inconsistent at best given the entirety of the circumstances.

• Like 1