2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, but I think they’re only looking for the big, traditional stuff…meningitis, measles, etc. A lot of places are going to require COVID vax, but I assume people will be able to claim the same exemptions as have always been available for the other shots

ill ask her hot mom, but I understood it as - no vax, no try out

Yeah, I think a lot of schools in the South are gonna have record numbers of enrolled students next semester who are suddenly listed as Christian Scientists, Amish, or Orthodox Jew.  

While it would be dangerous to attend, their joint Fall mixer will be a fucking blast! 

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

But it is that simple. If the entire team had been vaccinated then nobody would have been tested. Not to mention the unvaccinated players got COVID.

They had to forfeit because some of their players didn't get vaccinated. That is still the truth. 

So the real question here is it about safety and preventing people from getting Covid, or is it about punishing the unvaccinated among us? It’s very possible that there are several vaccinated players carrying the virus but no one really cares? This approach doesn’t make sense to me. Vandy should definitely be tested now due to their game yesterday. Wouldn’t want anyone getting sick now would we?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I don’t define risk as a vaccinated person testing positive for Covid.  We all know the odds of that having a serious outcome is near zero. 

That’s why they aren’t even bothering to test fully vaccinated teams. Because it’s not even worth knowing about. 

There should be no testing being done at all. At this point, anyone who wants the vaccine can very easily get it and protect themselves. Those who don’t want it can take their chances. Testing and protocols made sense when the vaccine wasn’t available, but it doesn’t make sense now. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Don Johnson said:

If we weren’t worried about protecting the unvaccinated, the players would be allowed to play. Which made total sense for about 12 months. But not now. 

again no one here is making a case that it does make sense. But you’re talking about the NCAA. Maybe 5% of what they do makes sense. Every team knew the deal. Dumbfuck rolled the dice and crapped out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

So the real question here is it about safety and preventing people from getting Covid, or is it about punishing the unvaccinated among us? It’s very possible that there are several vaccinated players carrying the virus but no one really cares? This approach doesn’t make sense to me. Vandy should definitely be tested now due to their game yesterday. Wouldn’t want anyone getting sick now would we?

I take it you are not vaccinated 

• Haha 1

But why were 4 NC State vaccinated players that tested positive allowed to be in the dugout yet not allowed to play and why were they even allowed to be in the dugout to begin with. (Edit: It seems some of them may have played which is even more reason to test Vanderbilt)

Vaccinated people can contract the virus so if you are going to test NC State’s vaccinated players that came into contact with the unvaccinated NC State players then one would think you would test all the Vanderbilt players if you actually cared about the players safety. Vanderbilt had played 2 games in the past 5 days against NC State but NC State’s vaccinated players are the only ones you were worried about getting it? 

Yeah I’m not buying it. If you want to say NC State and everybody new the rules, fine and fair enough, I won’t argue that, but don’t say it’s about player safety if you aren’t going to test a single Vanderbilt player that played 2 games against them in the past 5 days.

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

Followed rules?  There were no rules broken. And certainly not by the fully vaccinated NCST players.  

They aren’t tested because there’s almost zero risk. Same for the NCST fully vaccinated players. 

Agree on the technicality. He was wrong stating that one team didn’t “follow” the rules. But I think it’s fair to say they didn’t “play” by the rule.

NCAA: “We have to implement some sort of policy for PR purposes, but we don’t want to actually do anything. So, we’re going to require testing, BUT if everybody on the team has the shot, you’re exempt and zero tests will be conducted. Wink wink… your entire team can have COVID but we’re intentionally going to be blind to that fact…”

It was basically the least restrictive policy the NCAA could have come up with while still giving off an appearance of caring. NCST either didn’t comprehend the wink wink nudge, or they took a risk and it backfired. Either way, it seems like everybody else knew to have their entire team cases so this wasn’t an issue.

And I’m not saying I agree. I don’t think the vaxxed guys who tested positive should’ve been DQ’d. From the scientific standpoint, there’s no difference between them and the handful of guys on Vandy who probably picked it up from NC. But we’ll never know how many guys on Vandy are positive because they utilized the purpose of the rule. I actually wouldn’t have been opposed to the NCAA changing this rule at the last minute to keep NCST eligible, but you can bet your ass it’d be a firestorm of crazy had they done that.

Nah, they’ll just play the victims. 
Oh i know they won't because thats the mentality of anti vax dummies anyway. They won't even realize they are the main reason their "brothers" hopes and dreams were destroyed because they probably think the government was gonna PuT a ChIp In Me To TrAcK mE
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Vaccine policy talk not going away.

Well, if there was some fucking baseball to watch in 30 minutes, I would think the conversation would have shifted gears by now.  

If we're all honest, it's not about vaccine policy or politics, it's about how N.C. State fucked over the MSU/Texas winner in the finals.  That's the real reason we hate them and hope they feel very, very badly about their choices.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, if there was some fucking baseball to watch in 30 minutes, I would think the conversation would have shifted gears by now.  

If we're all honest, it's not about vaccine policy or politics, it's about how N.C. State fucked over the MSU/Texas winner in the finals.  That's the real reason we hate them and hope they feel very, very badly about their choices.  

Maybe fucked them over. There’s no reason to believe NCST wasn’t going to be the tougher opponent (had none of this happened).

Edited by Don Johnson

Vaccine policy talk not going away.

A Gatorubet Presidency would have cured this.

I would have leaked documents showing that the Vaccine makes a dick grow two inches and will increase a female breast one cup size….but that I ordered Fauchi not to release the study because lots of Trump fans might decide take it now.

Herd immunity would be achieved in a month.
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The chip is already called their cell phone but they are too stupid to realize that

Unfortunately cell phones don't have the power to stop breeding

Young people are much less sexually active these days in part due to phones. Boredom used to mean sexy time. Now everyone just stares at their phones.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

You can go litigate the stupidity of anti-vaxxers and the efficacy of COVID vaccines with respect to transmissibility somewhere else. This thread is about baseball and there is zero question that some of their players cost them a shot at a national championship by not getting vaccinated. They knew the rules and the protocols and made the decision that they knew could possibly cost them a shot at a national title. Turns out it did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s a stupid rule but still a rule.  Despite weed being basically legal, the NCAA suspended six OU football players before the Sugar Bowl and into the 2020 season.  Lincoln Riley evidently runs a weed friendly program and that’s fine but there’s a risk to that if they’re testing players.  

This is the dumbest thing the NCAA has ever done and that’s saying a lot and it’s only a few days after them getting railed by the Supreme Court.

• Hook 'Em 2

No way to verify right now, but supposedly per one of the players, they knew about the two positives before the game (was all over social media), and right before the game decided to pull all unvaccinated players from the game and test them. All came back negative. 

Then after the game, they decided to test all vaccinated players and got the four positives. 

if true, there’s a lot of explaining that needs to be made for allowing those players to play yesterday. And as to why they decided to test them after the game. 

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

if true, there’s a lot of explaining that needs to be made for allowing those players to play yesterday. And as to why they decided to test them after the game. 

If true.  I have a hard time believing its true.   Otherwise I assume the NC State Athletics director would be screaming at the top of his lungs on ESPN by now

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

No way to verify right now, but supposedly per one of the players, they knew about the two positives before the game (was all over social media), and right before the game decided to pull all unvaccinated players from the game and test them. All came back negative. 

Then after the game, they decided to test all vaccinated players and got the four positives. 

or be 100% vaccinated and avoid having a target on your back 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

NCAA: “look, in hindsight our vaccine/testing protocol was perhaps hastily crafted.  To be fair, we only have like four interns working on that whole thing.  The vast majority of our staff is working around the clock for the next 9 months on rigging the bracket to get Coach K and Duke to the Final Four for his swan song.”

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I guess we're just arguing different points. We're saying it'd have been easy for NCSt to never have gotten to this point, and you're saying the rules don't reflect actual health/safety.

Which... are all true. Because NCAA.

If players are required to be vaccinated the same standard should apply to all involved...umps, groundskeepers, stadium support staff, hotel and transportation personnel, and fans in the stands. Otherwise its just dumbfuckery. That being said, make your choices and live with the consequences.

• Hook 'Em 3

or be 100% vaccinated and avoid having a target on your back 

Is it acceptable with you that a player who is 100% vaccinated unknowingly spreads the virus to someone that isn’t vaccinated?

If the answers yes, then everything you’ve said about protecting public health is bullshit.

If the answers no, then testing any of the players is pointless, just like the protocols.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Is it acceptable with you that a player who is 100% vaccinated unknowingly spreads the virus to someone that isn’t vaccinated?

If the answers yes, then everything you’ve said about protecting public health is bullshit.

If the answers no, then testing any of the players is pointless, just like the protocols.

The protocols, while pointless, were known by all participants. All participants had a chance to avoid what just happened to NCST. What part of this are you having trouble with? If it’s the protocol, the time to address that was a few months ago, when you still had time to vax your whole team if your objections were disregarded