2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

Still very, salty at the moment. Pissed we didn't shut the door or score more, but we were there. So close. 

Conference title and being in the semis, as frustrating as that last game was, is pretty much all you can ask for as a fan. We know that once you get to Omaha, shit happens. It’ll even out and we’ll get ours in the next couple years 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Conference title and being in the semis, as frustrating as that last game was, is pretty much all you can ask for as a fan. We know that once you get to Omaha, shit happens. It’ll even out and we’ll get ours in the next couple years 

I agree and will get there, eventually, in the off season, but the loss still stings. The future is bright and I'm looking forward to the development of the players and getting back to Omaha, but I had hotels and reservations for this week and disappointed I won't be there to watch the Horns. 

That being said, I'm still proud of the team and all they accomplished this year. Hook 'em!

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We'll see. You never know what the future will bring.

I certainly hope this will only be the first chapter of something great.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

We'll see. You never know what the future will bring.

I certainly hope this will only be the first chapter of something great.

Yeah but history repeats itself, right? 2022 National Champions has a good ring to it 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have at least been telling myself at least we lost to a really great team. If you turds were a bunch of pretenders who squeezed through I will be pissed.

Then I’d suggest you drink heavily cause Vandy is going to smoke them. Vandy has their entire staff rested while the Omadawgs shot their wad with their only good starter and reliever on Sat night.

Horns just got unlucky when they couldn’t win Game 1 and had to work their way back thru the losers bracket only to face a rested Bednard again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll just take one last opportunity to bitch about the umpiring. Shitty balls and strikes benefitted no one more so than Bednar. And consequently no one more so than MSU. We had more quality arms to absorb innings and play the additional game, but he was able to extend due to that garbage.

In particular was Hodos at bat after Williams homer. Absolute bs strike 3 call that would have run it full. It wasn’t even close enough to swing. Keep in mind Hodo almost homered the next at bat. Hodo gets on and that pucker begins to approach a critical nature instead of a free out. But also, game 1 we were awful but he got multiple bs calls that were critical.

Then I’m taking chosen posters word that MSU fans were punks. So to hell with em. Go Vandy you lucky shitbirds.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I seem to recall that Rocker's last start or couple of starts weren't overwhelming, but he's had a pretty good year, no?

He hasn't thrown a gem but I think a lot of folks would take last Friday where he went 6 innings, gave up 1 H, 1 R, 1BB and had 11Ks (and yes realize against a bit of a depleted team)   Now 10 days ago against Zona he wasn't all that sharp but that was 10 days ago.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Don't see how MSU doesn't win.  If Bednar can give them 5 quality, Sims can finish.  Vandy's offense has been terrible for weeks.  Their IF  is an error machine.   And Rocker can be hit by good teams.  Zona put up 5 (3 ER) on him in Omaha.  Arkansas put up 5 ER in 3.1 in Hoover.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Don't see how MSU doesn't win.  If Bednar can give them 5 quality, Sims can finish.  Vandy's offense has been terrible for weeks.  Their IF  is an error machine.   And Rocker can be hit by good teams.  Zona put up 5 (3 ER) on him in Omaha.  Arkansas put up 5 ER in 3.1 in Hoover.

FWIW, the line is MSU +140, Vandy -160 which seems crazy.  Edit, dropped to +110/-130

Edited by Don Johnson

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We would have beat either of these teams in straight up best of 3 series. But, that isn't Omaha. Next year we win game 1, and all the ones after that. 

I'm sorry.. you can choose to believe that if you like. But I strongly disagree. We are both better than Vandy I believe. 

I'm sorry.. you can choose to believe that if you like. But I strongly disagree. We are both better than Vandy I believe. 

Just remember you won Game 1 on a wind aided pop up. Y’all hit very few balls worth a shit in game 1. Maybe even fewer than us, and we barely put it in play. And game 3 was aided by a high chopper and a sun aided double. But kudos to your .235 hitter for making it happen after a two strike back foot HBP.

And if we played in a shitty little sec park to inflate our numbers, we may have had half a dozen homers against you instead of the 3.

You made the most of your chances. To this point.

Be very thankful if you pull this off. Lots of fortunate moments for you.

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Just remember you won Game 1 on a wind aided pop up. Y’all hit very few balls worth a shit in game 1. Maybe even fewer than us, and we barely put it in play. And game 3 was aided by a high chopper and a sun aided double. But kudos to your .235 hitter for making it happen after a two strike back foot HBP.

And if we played in a shitty little sec park to inflate our numbers, we may have had half a dozen homers against you instead of the 3.

And what shitty little sec park would you be talking about???

Lots of Fortunate? I can think of many ways this team has had it's back against the wall and fought back.. it's what makes them so special. 

and you can point to those few plays and I can point to some others that went against us, such as in friday's game. 

Either way. we settled it on the field for this season, and I sure as hell would welcome a home and home if our schools ever made it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

we win game one we take it.  MSU got the one hit, cheesy as it was, they needed and we we didn't.  we just didn't have the hitting but I think we play 10 neutral site 3 game series I could see it coming down 50/50.

• Hook 'Em 1

I say Bednar goes 7.  I don't think he will be as dominant as he was against us, but I like the way the kids pitches.  I hate that he beat us, but he is good.  I think Vandy has to get 3 or 4 off him and I don't think they can do it.

Edited by PhillyD

40 minutes ago, msudawg said:

If we didn't face Bednar twice, we would have beat you 2 of 3. But, we had to face Bednar twice, which is your best matchup against us. All good, you won on the field. But, in a straight up 3 game series, Texas would be favored. That isn't an insult to you or your team, no need to take it that way. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

If we didn't face Bednar twice, we would have beat you 2 of 3. But, we had to face Bednar twice, which is your best matchup against us. All good, you won on the field. But, in a straight up 3 game series, Texas would be favored. 

They had to face Ty twice as well.  I still think we are the better team but it doesn't make a shit because they won it on the field.  Hope they finish off Vandy tonight... that's something we should all  be able to get behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

And what shitty little sec park would you be talking about???
Lots of Fortunate? I can think of many ways this team has had it's back against the wall and fought back.. it's what makes them so special. 
and you can point to those few plays and I can point to some others that went against us, such as in friday's game. 
Either way. we settled it on the field for this season, and I sure as hell would welcome a home and home if our schools ever made it happen. 

Per the internets, that’s your field dimensions. That’s a small field. Maybe not SEC-wise but that is to inflate numbers.

Field size LF: 330 ft (100.6 m) LC: 376 ft (114.6 m) CF: 390 ft (118.9 m) RC: 374 ft (114.0 m) RF: 305 ft (93.0

Point to some against. There will always be some of course, but I’d like to hear them.

It’s hard to recall your good fortunes relative to Vandys. But I believe you had a weak ass grounder to short versus UVA to extend that inning. I’d challenge you to critical every one of your cws games and see the fortunate things that went your way. That is the way sports goes though. Even the freaking rain delay benefitted you in that Nixon was completely ruled out because of that.

Good thing you aren’t allowed your artificial cheer and high school antics in baseball like you’ve had for football.

I didn’t watch last night but the damn play by play indicates a Vandy shitshow.

And the original comment was Horns win a best 2 of 3 series. We didn’t play that. But you are here and you have your chance.