2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

I have so much more love for Augie Garrido after watching that. 

Vandy had to sit there and watch MSU parade around the stadium, wave flags, photos, etc....  If you get runner up, send us the second place trophy in the mail. I’m not having my team sit there and watch this shit. Let the winners celebrate. No need for the other team to be there.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

Vandy had to sit there and watch MSU parade around the stadium, wave flags, photos, etc....  If you get runner up, send us the second place trophy in the mail. I’m not having my team sit there and watch this shit. Let the winners celebrate. No need for the other team to be there.

Oh God that was such bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

this.  shake hands and let the winner celebrate.  do they do this in football and basketball?

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I would have liked to see that NCST/Vandy elim game. But I think the pack would have gotten worn out against MSU and UT pitching in a final. 

This is our first top 5 big 3 finish since 2014? And just 2nd since 2010, correct? 

Good first step to turning this shit around. 

I have no doubt the the Wolfpack would have won that bracket had they been vaccinated.  I don’t think that would have changed the end result, but the finals might have been more competitive 

MSU won it. MSU was the best team in the CWS. Wishes are for birthdays and for runners up, but I would have loved to see a three game series. Cards and seeding fall as they do, we gotta play that hand but the three games we played were 1st, 3rd and 1st rotation for them. I’d love to see 1st, 2nd and 3rd straight up, I’m still not convinced MSU wins 2-3 from that. Doesn’t matter, that’s not the format, they won, they beat Texas 2-3 and that’s it.  Next year though let’s do this right. 

• Hook 'Em 3

“Five different SEC teams have won m the CWS in the last ten years. Our time is next!!!!!

Thought I’d save you the Texags visit. Even money on a Championship banner going up tomorrow. They were swept by Miss State this year….BUT….all Aggy losses were closer than Vandy’s losses. Whoop!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Bednar may have had the best cws performance of all time 

Definite mvp but tap the brakes.

Hooton competed in the 1969 and 1970 CWS. He played in four career games, going 4-0 with an ERA of 1.24. He also threw 33 strikeouts in 29 innings

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“Five different SEC teams have won m the CWS in the last ten years. Our time is next!!!!!

Thought I’d save you the Texags visit. Even money on a Championship banner going up tomorrow. They were swept by Miss State this year….BUT….all Aggy losses were closer than Vandy’s losses. Whoop!!!

Oh right. I forgot.

Congrats A&M on MSU's reflected glory.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So glad Vandy didn't win their third. No dynasty for you.

Congrats MSU.

Couple of grandparents went to State and fuck vandy baseball. Fuck their Whistler, fuck their coach, fuck their private school shit, fuck Kumar and Leiter. Just fuck them in general. That 04 super regional was beautiful. We had em 2014 and if a bounce or 2 went our way, we would’ve had em this year. Baseball and shit. All good. Pierce and his players flexed their balls this year. We proved we’re still Texas, we were gone for a sec, but we’re back and we’re not goin anywhere. 

@msudawg congrats buddy!!! Go fuck your distant cousin and enjoy! We’ve been 37(?) times and “only” won 6 titles. They’re hard to get. See you in Omaha next year, dude. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations MSUdawg! Great season and way to finish the CWS. You have a great ball club and staff.

Hopefully our Horns can meet you Dawgs in Omaha again next year. Best of luck during the off-season, which I hope we’ll both benefit from.

Hook’em and OU Sucks!

• Hook 'Em 3

They hit five home runs in seven games.

And not that many scorching doubles either.

It’s crap like this which I needlessly begin to dislike teams.

It’s like some focker saying the top two guys in the order for MSU wore us out. No they didn’t.

MSU played well enough to win. But they also had 3 1 run wins and got blown out once.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Wow, to outscore Vandy 22-2 in the last 2 games...that is somewhat impressive.  What a bizarre back half of the CWS.  Look forward to seeing Texas back there next season with some of y'all and taking my oldest.  Gonna be a long off-season but enjoyed the quality baseball and the bizarre shit in between.  

Side note---even the gimp fuck Friday lineup from N.C. State couldn't topple our most strikeouts record in a CWS game.

Didn’t we outscore them like 12-10 in 3 games?

57 minutes ago, troph said:

MSU won it. MSU was the best team in the CWS. Wishes are for birthdays and for runners up, but I would have loved to see a three game series. Cards and seeding fall as they do, we gotta play that hand but the three games we played were 1st, 3rd and 1st rotation for them. I’d love to see 1st, 2nd and 3rd straight up, I’m still not convinced MSU wins 2-3 from that. Doesn’t matter, that’s not the format, they won, they beat Texas 2-3 and that’s it.  Next year though let’s do this right. 

So, Texas was the only team in Omaha to beat them in the tournament.

38 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, Texas was the only team in Omaha to beat them in the tournament.

Vandy won game 1 or rather the very first inning at least. They proceeded to get raped the rest of the way.

I'm sure MSU fans will tell you Texas was their best opposition. Perhaps that is what you are after.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Congrats? Please remember that the N word is still not cool next time you're in Omaha.

Agree. Whoever it was it's not acceptable. if it's a student. kick them out of the school.  but please remember that does not display the vast majority of MSU fans. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Balcones said:

Love it so much. we talk about being one big family and embrace it. The team wouldn't go anywhere after a win without spending tons of time with the fans. It killed the team that they had to sneak in and out of the back of the hotel to stay away from fans this past week, to make sure no way they would be eliminated ala NC State. 

I hate I couldn't make it up last night. Never been to Omaha... pray I get another chance in the future. 

13 hours ago, Fletch said:

Couple of grandparents went to State and fuck vandy baseball. Fuck their Whistler, fuck their coach, fuck their private school shit, fuck Kumar and Leiter. Just fuck them in general. That 04 super regional was beautiful. We had em 2014 and if a bounce or 2 went our way, we would’ve had em this year. Baseball and shit. All good. Pierce and his players flexed their balls this year. We proved we’re still Texas, we were gone for a sec, but we’re back and we’re not goin anywhere. 

@msudawg congrats buddy!!! Go fuck your distant cousin and enjoy! We’ve been 37(?) times and “only” won 6 titles. They’re hard to get. See you in Omaha next year, dude. 

Lord willing. We have a very good core coming back but obviously got some pitching things to figure out after the draft..but thank goodness we get Sims for another year either as a starter or staying as a closer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Big time in the State... double first time NCAA Team Championships. 

MSU gets Baseball. 

Mississippi gets..... Women's Golf...... I'm a lot of Rebels are celebrating that win today once they found out. 

Edited by msudawg

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

IIRC, Vandy got off the snide with a Women's Bowling title a few years ago.  

Correct it looks like. Won their first team championship in 07 in women's bowling. 

The big change for Vandy was in 2008 when they created the “Opportunity Vanderbilt,” fund... which since then they have been playing with a fully funded team while everyone else only had 11.7 scholarships. Vandy got back to a SR in 10 and won their first baseball title in 11. 

The NCAA did evidently pass some new rules last year concerning allowing baseball players to get academic scholarships and it not count against the 11.7 so that will be a help going forward. Plus will be interesting to see what happens with the NIL stuff starting today. 

• Like 1

Thanks Dude.  May y'all win all the games that don't matter next year... Sorry Man. no love for any of your coaches or AD. 

These are indeed heady times. Imagine! Why, some day in the future Gator fans might even start to care what people from Mississippi State think! I mean, it’s not impossible.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

These are indeed heady times. Imagine! Why, some day in the future Gator fans might even start to care what people from Mississippi State think! I mean, it’s not impossible.

No that is unpossible.  JK.  Good win.  Glad to drown out that fucking whistler with cowbells.  

5 hours ago, msudawg said:

Lord willing. We have a very good core coming back but obviously got some pitching things to figure out after the draft..but thank goodness we get Sims for another year either as a starter or staying as a closer. 

At least you cashed it in while you could. Because without Bednar you were probably 1-2 and out. 

But... unlike Vandy you didn't waste any of his starts. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

At least you cashed it in while you could. Because without Bednar you were probably 1-2 and out. 

But... unlike Vandy you didn't waste any of his starts. 

Without Bednar, we wouldn't have made it to Omaha likely.  But that's like saying how you would be without Madden... you would likely be out. 

Btw, we are now 7-6 vs Texas. First Game in 1922.