2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

It was Cam’s .910 fielding percentage that was Meh.

It’s Cam, not the glove imo. You don’t want to sacrifice length because of transferring problems, especially at third. He just needs to get better at fielding on the run going towards second. He doesn’t have a problem getting the ball out quick on a slow roller. 

Nothing wrong with Texas being 2nd best in the country but Mississippi State is the deserving champion.   They're collective at-bats are outstanding and were the difference. They just grind, and work, and grind more until the pitcher is beaten into submission. 

Impressive team.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HenryJames said:

We gave up 11 runs in three games to MSU. Vanderbilt at 20 runs and counting.

Seems fair to say that MSU has the best hitting in the CWS.  May not be super-gaudy, but they get theirs and get it done against top-flight pitching.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Fucking hate sports. 

I fucking hate that I love them. I was laying awake Saturday reflecting that while other sane people are having an awesome night I cannot sleep because some guys I barely know lost a Baseball game.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the championship game was 2 sundays ago.

rocker not that good. vandy bullpen sketchy.  hmmm who said that

Vandy fell ass-backwards into that Stanford win and then got a pass against a team that was probably playing better ball than they were. 

Oh well. We had to get by MSU and we didn't. Just doesn't feel like the best 2 teams are the ones playing this series. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I fucking hate that I love them. I was laying awake Saturday reflecting that while other sane people are having an awesome night I cannot sleep because some guys I barely know lost a Baseball game.

I guess it's age or the doldrums from all the mediocre teams we've fielded in the last five or so years in all mens (and a lot of womens) sports.  But I used to wake up feeling bad whenever we lost.  I brush it off now.

I still like to beat losses to death on here, though.  Whyyyy?

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

now imagine being an FSU baseball fan...

• Haha 1

yes I know that.  someone was saying that we should have figured out what the zone was that the umpires were calling.  I'm saying there never was a zone to figure out.

Right here.

And I’m sorry but you don’t swing at a pitch that’s on the chalk of the other batters box. 1) it isn’t close 2) you’re not going to do Jack with it 3) swinging at awful pitches screws up your swing.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I guess it's age or the doldrums from all the mediocre teams we've fielded in the last five or so years in all mens (and a lot of womens) sports.  But I used to wake up feeling bad whenever we lost.  I brush it off now.

That is usually me to. But this last loss hit me hard.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But I used to wake up feeling bad whenever we lost.  I brush it off now.

Football losses still ruin me for a couple days. Except some of Charlie and Tom's last games where I mainly wanted them gone and didn't care anymore. This one was tough but also an extremely accomplished season and we have a lot to look forward to next year. 

That said, it felt like money on the table and is looking like it was. All of the trips and wins are cool but we need to start putting some more titles on the wall. That LSU has as many as we do is bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

To be fair, we got to throw Madden twice and Vandy only got to throw Leiter once.

So? Vandy got to throw Rocker and Leiter who are both supposed to be "better" than Madden. You're basically just saying we have a better pitching staff. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Football losses still ruin me for a couple days. Except some of Charlie and Tom's last games where I mainly wanted them gone and didn't care anymore. This one was tough but also an extremely accomplished season and we have a lot to look forward to next year. 

That said, it felt like money on the table and is looking like it was. All of the trips and wins are cool but we need to start putting some more titles on the wall. That LSU has as many as we do is bullshit.

LSU and USC got almost all of their's thanks to one coaches dynasty. We have never really had that. Just consistent excellence for decades. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1