CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

“Usually” is a comforting word .. sometimes.

Haha. I guess I mean his fielding hasn't concerned me this year more than anyone else. He's a good defensive 3rd baseman surrounded by some very good defenders. It's not like I'm nervous when the ball is hit to him - he's had some great plays this year. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yes. Higher seed is always home to open the CWS. 

I'd rather be away in the first game. It's almost like the old 2/3/2 NBA Finals format which was horrible. They should alternate games.

Not that it's a huge deal but it seems silly to me. 

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Weren't we the road team last night? What gives?

MSU has been away team twice in Omaha, home team-only once. 

We've been away twice, home twice.  

I'm guessing that's the difference maker.  

I would assume, but I know it changes every few years---the Finals would be highest seed home team Games 1 & 3, lower seed home team for #2.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Haha. I guess I mean his fielding hasn't concerned me this year more than anyone else. He's a good defensive 3rd baseman surrounded by some very good defenders. It's not like I'm nervous when the ball is hit to him - he's had some great plays this year. 

Everyone makes great plays occasionally.  But, his .910 fielding percentage .. with 13 errors in 145 chances .. is more than a suggestion that his overall defense is anything but good.

4A640560-AAD5-4FA4-B769-C8F3814C5C23.jpeg

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

MSU has been away team twice in Omaha, home team-only once. 

Well why on earth were they away against unseeded Virginia? Maybe it would make more sense if I diagrammed the whole thing out...

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well why on earth were they away against unseeded Virginia? Maybe it would make more sense if I diagrammed the whole thing out...

Don't bother with the diagram, Ben McDonald will explain it all tonight in an oral soliloquy entitled, "The Road Away to Home, Versus Neutral Me."  I'm be slamming beers in my garage while he's doing it. 

Edited by Lobo

You’re fine dude. This a a very tough crowd. I’ve been ground up in it, so have others.  Some really great folks but when the game is on it’s the meeting of everyone who is about to hit rock bottom and needs a 12 step program.  Shit even I cuss like a god damn sailor (I am one heh) on mother fucking shore leave and a shit faced cocky bitchhole lawyer (am one of those too meh) who just poured out the other side and left them nothing but cocksplat for their client when the game is on and I’m usually 99% sober.  Just roll with it, bide your time and it will be fine. This board is great because it’s not all texas fans.

Negged for being a lawyer.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Everyone makes great plays occasionally.  But, his .910 fielding percentage .. with 13 errors .. is more than a suggestion that his overall defense is anything but good.

This is true but he has been solid from TCU series to now.  he's definitely picked it up in the fielding department.  needs to keep it going.

Chill Wallace, chill.  Light rain was on the radar this afternoon.  Clearing out by 5:00p. Good news is it'll wash all that NCSU covid outta the dirt.  

2 hours exactly to game time.  127 minutes to first pitch.  Better start the grill soon.  Maybe there's beer out there, we'll see.  

This is gonna be awesome.  Haven't been to the Finals in 12 years.  

11 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Everyone makes great plays occasionally.  But, his .910 fielding percentage .. with 13 errors in 145 chances .. is more than a suggestion that his overall defense is anything but good.

Fair enough. 

I will say it doesn't help that he's surrounded by guys fielding. 960 plus 😁

Edited by ztejas

42 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Craig way on the Texas sports app is about 12 seconds behind the television. So just pause the TV broadcast for about 12 seconds.Craig way on the Texas sports app is about 12 seconds behind the television. So just pause the TV broadcast for about 12 seconds.

I'm in SA on Spectrum and Craig is actually about 25 seconds ahead of my tv.  Your remedy worked back when I had Google Fiber in ATX, but not availble here in my neighborhood.

For me, Craig calls it, and about half a minute later I see it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Adjust approach, spray singles and doubles all day....fuck him in the face.

I'm gonna adjust my approach and spray my single's double on fuckface's mom.  

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

These two are usually in the back pasture, but they’re hanging out front today.  I’m taking that as a good sign for this evening. 

4840671D-FAED-4DF2-9B87-790ADC885BC4.jpeg

The humblebrag is stong here.

Nice f'n place.  What a view.

Looks like good pig country.

iu-7.jpeg

Just now, Cajun said:

What about SouthAustin's mom?

Her count is already filled with balls.  Wait, did I say "count"?  I meant, c

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'm in SA on Spectrum and Craig is actually about 25 seconds ahead of my tv.  Your remedy worked back when I had Google Fiber in ATX, but not availble here in my neighborhood.

Old iPod Nanos, e.g. 5th gen, have FM radio and a pause button.  Manual sync FTW.  Sometimes it gets out of sync, but you just tap the pause button a few times the slow down the radio signal.  Hook it up to a receiver or, in my case, a Bose waterproof speaker by the pool, and you are golden.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fair enough. 

I will say it doesn't help that he's surrounded by guys fielding. 960 plus 😁

Frankly, I was surprised Faltine and Daly field only ~.960 with so many games on carpet.  No one’s perfect, but they have room to improve and I have zero doubt they will.

1B isn’t nearly the same animal as the other IF positions; but Zubia’s .995 is WOW!  He’s worked himself into a very credible defender.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Frankly, I was surprised Faltine and Daly field only ~.960 with so many games on carpet.  No one’s perfect, but they have room to improve and I have zero doubt they will.

1B isn’t nearly the same animal as the other IF positions; but Zubia’s .995 is WOW!  He’s worked himself into a very credible defender.

I dont have a good feel for what is a good % based on position. Obviously a great 3B isn't going to field as well as a great 1B i just don't know what a normal gap between similar players would be. 

Position or not - he shouldn't be at .910 but for every error he's had I've seen him make a fantastic play.

We’re gonna win. I just made the best ribs I’ve ever smoked and went with the mad scientist(YouTube bbq guy) method  I slow cooked thick applewood bacon on low and strained the fat out of the skillet then after hours of smoking I put them in butcher paper and poured the bacon fat over it and back on at 225 for the last two hours and holeeeeeee fuck my face they were incredible.

So after that being on the roll I decided to try and make brown butter chocolate chip cookies and after slow cooking the butter till a light brown and made the cookie batter and stuck them in the freezer for 30 min, I tot he oven at 350 for 18 min and bam. Best cookies I’ve ever made. Two for two means we win tonight and going to fuck bednar up his swamp aggy ass.

Texas 8

texum bulldogs 3

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Fucked, you are. Properly. 

Edited by jw4381

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I dont have a good feel for what is a good % based on position. Obviously a great 3B isn't going to field as well as a great 1B i just don't know what a normal gap between similar players would be. 

Position or not - he shouldn't be at .910 but for every error he's had I've seen him make a fantastic play.

Well, they rarely give errors on difficult plays.  Without any further research, his 13 errors were misplays on routine balls or bad throws which either gave away outs or resulted additional (free) bases.

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

So are we still overrated now that we've beaten a nationally recognized sitting SECSEC West team? 

We didn't beat them, the rain and the umps who didn't stop the game beat them.

/aggy