CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I kinda think it might be back in business, lol. That's my local store -- I'm on CR 911 --  and there are more cars than people there every now and then. It's a little strip mall -- at one end there's a shitty Shell station and a donut shop at the other, but in between there are two extremely shady storefronts with way too many people parked out front. But only sometimes. I guess it's by appointment or something. 

Probably an illegal gambling operation. 

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Yep. Whoever wins today got fucked.

Vandy wins and I’m sure we’ll see some * people out there.

If Vandy wins they are the very definition of asterisk.  You don't back into a Championship round any more than they have.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I was not sober in the slightest last night but you were mad about me shotgunning a beer? The fuck kind of website do you think you’re on dude?

I’m a simple guy, do what I can with what I got, and I will neg cannon every msudawg post if it is him (highly likely) because of the greater good.

• Haha 1

To get your panties in a bunch over that is pretty hilarious.

Better off laughing at dude's inability to pop the top while half the beer drains out all over his rub.

Shotgunned half a beer is more accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

If Tom Penders was around, he would've!

And then a rain storm entered the Landover area, pushing the players off the field for an hour and a half. FS1 reported that Herman tried to buy pizza for his team before they prepared to retake a field soaked with rain.

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Better off laughing at dude's inability to pop the top while half the beer drains out all over his rub.

This 100%.  The only embarrassing thing about the tweet is that it appears it could be the first time he has shotgunned a beer.  Do better Surly.  🤘

Just now, MIkeHoncho said:

This 100%.  The only embarrassing thing about the tweet is that it appears it could be the first time he has shotgunned a beer.  Do better Surly.  🤘

I don't see your contribution to the shotgunning beers thread just yet. I was at a bar and thus was not allowed to shotgun a beer (TABC bullshit). 

We need a large Surlyhorns gathering/watch party it's like herding cats though on short notice. 

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Haha ya not my finest moment. Was also my second take cause the first one was worse. Probably could have used a third take but I only had IPAs left in the fridge and thought better of shotgunning one of those. Rub still looks good though. I’ll do better tonight

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I will, just for you Mike Honcho. Gotta give me credit for the open with the teeth maneuver though

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I will, just for you Mike Honcho. Gotta give me credit for the open with the teeth maneuver though

Full credit for technique!  Just a bit sloppy on execution (haha) -> however, given the late hour and your likely sobriety level at the time, you are to be commended sir.  🤘 to you. 

• Like 1

Haha ya not my finest moment. Was also my second take cause the first one was worse. Probably could have used a third take but I only had IPAs left in the fridge and thought better of shotgunning one of those. Rub still looks good though. I’ll do better tonight

It was painful to watch the false start of you ready to shotgun and not being able to pull the trigger on the tab. But you went for it and I will give you credit for that.

Loved the fact you had to whisper in the video and severely disappointed that the wife didn’t suddenly appear In the video and send your ass to bed like a four year old.

Back to back 1:30am nights and then getting up today at 6:30am to put the brisket on the smoker is slightly kicking my ass, but not as much as realizing I forgot to grab Bloody Mary mix yesterday.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

You thought he'd start Witt over Madden? Madden had 6 days rest... Witt had never pitched more than 4 innings ever. We need to sit down and talk

No, game 3 against Miss St. Madden was pitching on four days rest in game 2, not 6, but yes the obvious choice

Edited by Revolution512

1 minute ago, Mac8111 said:

It was painful to watch the false start of you ready to shotgun and not being able to pull the trigger on the tab. But you went for it and I will give you credit for that.

Loved the fact you had to whisper in the video and severely disappointed that the wife didn’t suddenly appear In the video and send your ass to bed like a four year old.

Back to back 1:30am nights and then getting up today at 6:30am to put the brisket on the smoker is slightly kicking my ass, but not as much as realizing I forgot to grab Bloody Mary mix yesterday.

"What are you doing?  Who are you talking to?"

"Oh, just making an online video for my friends."

"These are people you've never met, right?"

I'm in the North Loop situation here myself.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Seriously with how bad the announcing has been I'm thinking about getting a webRTC stream up on the site with the surly horns podcast crew calling the game. 

If I could only figure out how to get Craig Way synched up off the Texassports.com feed w/the tv.

Goddamned ESPN is a beating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is a guy worried Texas will win it all:

8e8Ag

AG

NC State had beaten Kopps, Leiter, Beck. Each regarded as their teams' ace and some of the best arms in college bb. Almost beat Rocker with their scrubs. They would've factored heavily in the final results or at least altered Vandy's strategy.

There can be no legitimate champion now. May as well call the rest of it off. Any recognition of a champ will be a joke.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, msudawg said:

Whoever the person is posting on twitter. Yea. way to show some class. 

This is pretty ironic after you negged me for simply suggesting we add on 5 more runs before y'all got to bat again.

And do you really get your panties in a bunch every time somebody says, "Fuck Mississippi State" on Twitter or anywhere else?

You do understand that this is a Longhorn board and that's a Longhorn Twitter acct, right?  You're not owed anything.  You don't like it, bye, Felicia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Seriously with how bad the announcing has been I'm thinking about getting a webRTC stream up on the site with the surly horns podcast crew calling the game. 

You are required to bring up Doug Hodo’s dad in each of his at bats ....

If Ben McDonald does any more of our games, we need to get him to talk on air about his 0-4 record at the CWS, including giving up 11 runs in 3 innings to Texas in his last collegiate game ever.

BTW, his 4 losses is (or at least was) the record for most career losses in CWS history.

Edited by BornOrange
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

If Ben McDonald does any more of our games, we need to get him to talk on air about his 0-4 record at the CWS, including giving up 11 runs in 3 innings to Texas in his last collegiate game ever.

He'll never admit it, but you know he has PTSD flashbacks every time Texas puts up a crooked number.

Fuck Mississippi State. The school and State.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
message for msudawg
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

Yeah he should tell that story instead of the Alaskan Summer League thing.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think that’s correct

Texas has been the visitor twice and the home team twice.  MSU has been the visitor twice and the home team once.   They have been the home team fewer times than us, so they’re the home team tonight. 

1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times shall be designated the home team.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee or the NCAA site representative shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question.
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors in their preceding games.
c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by coin toss. The coin toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that caused the situation to develop and both coaches are requested to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether it will call the coin toss, or defer the call to its opponent. In the event of a match-up between equally seeded teams, one team will be designated as “heads”, the other team will be designated as “tails” and the coin will be flipped by the NCAA representative. Heads and tails designation will be determined by alphabetical order of the name of the institution (i.e., first alphabetically being heads, second alphabetically being tails).

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1