CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bringing back Nixon after the delay was risky, but it paid off, and now we'll have Quintanilla on a day's rest.

We need the Tristan Stevens who quieted TCU's bats and cruised through most of the regular season to show up. If we get the Stevens who struggled some against USF and was hit hard by Tennessee, the path to victory will be incredibly narrow.

tumblr_mk4drduOzv1r6ibubo8_250.gif.e5d02cbbba287146472eb32012662b8a.gif

tumblr_mk4drduOzv1r6ibubo3_250.gif.edf788bfa81a0a40c913ff86ea26f89d.gif

OUjk.gif.11fda9525c842b0fa38d709be0ebca3c.gif

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Kubichek likely game one starter if we make the champ series. I really thought he might start Witt tomorrow/today but that was obviously wrong

You thought he'd start Witt over Madden? Madden had 6 days rest... Witt had never pitched more than 4 innings ever. We need to sit down and talk

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

So Vandy would have used their Ace Saturday against NCST, but now they can save him for game 1 of the champ series. And they'll have Rocker for game 2 or maybe game 3 depending on how they decide to manage that. Vandy is going to be HEAVY favorites in the finals

No. They weren’t pitching him tomorrow. Said they were going with a bullpen staff

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

So Vandy would have used their Ace Saturday against NCST, but now they can save him for game 1 of the champ series. And they'll have Rocker for game 2 or maybe game 3 depending on how they decide to manage that. Vandy is going to be HEAVY favorites in the finals

It don't make a shit.

We were supposed to be heavy favorites against Fullerton in the finals, and they beat us pitching two dudes and two dudes only, who each went 167 pitches in their respective games against us, on only 1/2 day rest after pitching 232 pitches in their previous games.  Or at least, that's how I remember it... :)

• Rage+1 3

Highly doubtful leiter would’ve gone tomorrow, 125 pitches and short rest. vandy having to use rocker was the most anybody could ask for. Worst case was forfeit today too or monster early lead and pulling rocker, but neither happened.

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yes. We might get hosed out of a national title because a team in June of 2021 couldn't keep their covid shit together. 

Or we could just beat Vandy regardless.

If we make it though - could Hansen go G2 and Ty go G3? 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Vandy will get a massive advantage by getting to pitch Leiter and Rocker in game 1 and 2 no matter who they face.... Heres the deal though... this CWS has shown their weaknesses. It's a shame that NCST didn't get to finish them off because they had their number. Vandy's offense is dogshit. You keep the game close and get Rocker/Leiter's pitch count up and you win. Their bullpen is crapola. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:
11 minutes ago, troph said:
Close, lake Travis near Briarcliff.

You couldn't cut the rope out or throw your spare prop on?

We cut the rope but some how it really got wrapped around it. The butchest of the lesbians (not me) actually dove under 10-15 times to deal with it.  Cutting it didn’t get it off so we had to tow. I do have a spare prop btw in my garage.  Happened once before. It was windy lots going on - I was trying to watch the game - kids everywhere - friends who don’t get out on the lake super excited and I have no idea how it got tangled more than once over but it did.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Brother I'm going to bed. you know I mean nothing but love. not getting into it with the others tonight. you won. you did amazing. 

but there's one more game to settle who has to matchup with this bullshit vandy lineup. 

get some rest dude. I'm finishing my pours. 

Oh you know I’m giving you loving shit haha. Gonna be a fun night, man! See you round first pitch 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Shaggy3.0 said:

Stay drunk

fire errbody

rehire erebody

what do yall say?

lets just win this bitch.  Tbey whole damn thing

hooem

Now who can argue with that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Vandy's offense is dogshit. You keep the game close and get Rocker/Leiter's pitch count up and you win. Their bullpen is crapola. 

Yeah. Vandy has serious issues. Not only their offense but they've been making some bad gaffes on D, too. 

They'll probably be favorites but I doubt they'd be massive favorites against Texas. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Vandy will get a massive advantage by getting to pitch Leiter and Rocker in game 1 and 2 no matter who they face.... Heres the deal though... this CWS has shown their weaknesses. It's a shame that NCST didn't get to finish them off because they had their number. Vandy's offense is dogshit. You keep the game close and get Rocker/Leiter's pitch count up and you win. Their bullpen is crapola. 

It's also like I'm the only person who was watching when Rocker gave up 5 in 5 innings+ on opening night

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah this Texas team can win it all. Not without putting a handful of us in the grave but they can win it all. The covid shit doesn’t really matter. Some teams have if. This Texas team might be that kinda special. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

It's also like I'm the only person who was watching when Rocker gave up 5 in 5+ innings on opening night

I think he got hit pretty good today, too. Just didn't result in runs. And they were pitching against some fuckin scrubs out there.

He also threw 111 pitches today and Leiter threw like 125 in his last outing. Not insignificant when you aren't getting a week's rest.

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah this Texas team can win it all. Not without putting a handful of us in the grave but they can win it all. The covid shit doesn’t really matter. Some teams have if. This Texas team might be that kinda special. 

I’ll happily trade the 10 years this team has shaved off my life for a national title 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, troph said:

keep it close, not unlike the bednar game and and win in the 6-9 innings after he’s gone.  

That's my point... we're not gonna put 5 on him. But we keep it to 2 or 3 and get his count up, and we skullfuck his relief. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes. We might get hosed out of a national title because a team in June of 2021 couldn't keep their covid shit together. 

Or we could just beat Vandy regardless.

If we make it though - could Hansen go G2 and Ty go G3? 

Isn’t Hansen game 1?  Followed my Madden and Stevens?

Just now, chitwood said:

Isn’t Hansen game 1?  Followed my Madden and Stevens?

Isn't game 1 Monday? Are we going to pitch Hansen on 3 days rest? Stevens is starting tomorrow I think so he's probably done after that. 

7 minutes ago, troph said:

We cut the rope but some how it really got wrapped around it. The butchest of the lesbians (not me) actually dove under 10-15 times to deal with it.  Cutting it didn’t get it off so we had to tow. I do have a spare prop btw in my garage.  Happened once before. It was windy lots going on - I was trying to watch the game - kids everywhere - friends who don’t get out on the lake super excited and I have no idea how it got tangled more than once over but it did.

You can not let this happen a third time, I think they take your boating privileges away after that.  Jk 

• Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Isn't game 1 Monday? Are we going to pitch Hansen on 3 days rest? Stevens is starting tomorrow I think so he's probably done after that. 

I bet 3 days rest for a game three is enough for a few innings. 

I get it
Keep a spare prop, wrench and nut onboard. It's actually easier to pull the prop than try to slice and dice that that shit in heavy lake traffic.
I sucked up a metal fence about an hour before the 05 okie state game
Pulled the entire prop and wad of shit off and threw it up in the bow and swapped the proo out - home for kick off

Same with someone else's rope 3 years ago .

Pro tip. Pull the key out of the ignition first
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

They don't have enough pitchers...

They had 4 pitchers today. They only used 2. So, they have 2 more. Plus, they can pitch a non-pitcher. Fairfield threw a guy against us that hadn't pitched all season. Fairfield chose to pitch a non-pitcher rather than forfeit.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

You can not let this happen a third time, I think they take your boating privileges away after that.  Jk 

Haha. First time was literally the first time we took this boat out 3+ years ago.  I think once every 3-5 years might be ok. 

I won’t admit to anyone but y’all that I was very distracted by my iPad…

9190CFAE-C57F-44CD-BC0C-19F2BB7826B8.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I get it
Keep a spare prop, wrench and nut onboard. It's actually easier to pull the prop than try to slice and dice that that shit in heavy lake traffic.
I sucked up a metal fence about an hour before the 05 okie state game
Pulled the entire prop and wad of shit off and threw it up in the bow and swapped the proo out - home for kick off

Same with someone else's rope 3 years ago .

Pro tip. Pull the key out of the ignition first

Took the key out yes. We need better gear on board one knife wasn’t enough. Great idea about the spare prop on board. We have it so just take it with us next time.  Need a mask too, maybe even an air bottle and snorkel. 

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

You don’t want to try to swap a prop out while in the water. Don’t ask me how I know this.

The real answer is put the tube away for good and stick to surfing. Or watch the game at home.

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

If the rain weren't pouring, Ivan's HR would've landed in Iowa. 

Because I am old-school, and a poor, and live in a shack on the San Bernard River, I listened to the game on Westwood One radio through my phone. The announcers were Omaha/Nebraska locals -- I think it was the team for UNL. The color dude could not get over what a shot that was. He kept saying you never see people take it that deep to that part of the stadium in the daytime, much less at night and in the rain. He was in awe. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, troph said:

The real answer is put the tube away for good and stick to surfing. Or watch the game at home.

Are you not attaching the tube line to the tower? From that pic it looks like the boat has a tower.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Took the key out yes. We need better gear on board one knife wasn’t enough. Great idea about the spare prop on board. We have it so just take it with us next time.  Need a mask too, maybe even an air bottle and snorkel. 

Yep, those "pony bottles" (small air tanks) are great for something like that if the snorkel can't get you close enough. #Scuba #NAUI

• Hook 'Em 1