CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I was not sober in the slightest last night but you were mad about me shotgunning a beer? The fuck kind of website do you think you’re on dude?

Holy shit you look like Tom Herman in that video and you suck at shotgunning beer 😂😂. That is all. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

At this point in Troph’s life we are just lucky it’s not a picture of a blow boat. 😂😬

First I thought you were talking slang like it wasn’t a picture of one my super gay guy friends then I realized you were trying to insult me with a sailboat reference. Haha. 

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

If Ben McDonald does any more of our games, we need to get him to talk on air about his 0-4 record at the CWS, including giving up 11 runs in 3 innings to Texas in his last collegiate game ever.

BTW, his 4 losses is (or at least was) the record for most career losses in CWS history.

But, but, but mah BLISTER!!!

17 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Yea.. I was buzzed and pissed about the game. And forgot where I was since I've been on this site for so long. I was in the wrong.

Look IF I said Fuck (your school) (as an example) I would get neg banned likely and fairly so. Are you really complaining you got one neg from me?
I don't complain about anyone negging me over stupid stuff.

Either way. Gents have a good day. I'm out till after the game. I'll come back tomorrow and say good season if we win or good luck fuck vandy if we lose.

#HailState

You’re fine dude. This a a very tough crowd. I’ve been ground up in it, so have others.  Some really great folks but when the game is on it’s the meeting of everyone who is about to hit rock bottom and needs a 12 step program.  Shit even I cuss like a god damn sailor (I am one heh) on mother fucking shore leave and a shit faced cocky bitchhole lawyer (am one of those too meh) who just poured out the other side and left them nothing but cocksplat for their client when the game is on and I’m usually 99% sober.  Just roll with it, bide your time and it will be fine. This board is great because it’s not all texas fans.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, B00M said:

Maybe Vandy will have a covid out break too. Dumb fuck NC State players...

Why? Because they didn’t want to take an experimental vaccine while they’re in peak physical condition and 18-22 years old. Maybe they should’ve gotten it maybe not that’s up to them. Either way it’s not like the vaccinated are immune or anything might as well test everyone if that’s the case. Vandy should for sure be tested now since they were violating social distancing guidelines at home plate l, first base, etc. 

🤘

19 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Yea.. I was buzzed and pissed about the game. And forgot where I was since I've been on this site for so long. I was in the wrong.

Look IF I said Fuck (your school) (as an example) I would get neg banned likely and fairly so. Are you really complaining you got one neg from me?

Either way. Gents have a good day. I'm out till after the game. I'll come back tomorrow and say good season if we win or good luck fuck vandy if we lose.

#HailState

I've never said anything I shouldn't have on a message board.

Ever.

WTF is wrong with you?!!!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, msudawg said:

#HailState

And if you had just done what I did before the series which was to post - "I'm sorry for anything I might say to you from here until the end of the CWS", you wouldn't even have had to post this up.  

It's the Ricky Bobby "All due respect" eternal Mulligan.

Trust me, it's science.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Why? Because they didn’t want to take an experimental vaccine while they’re in peak physical condition and 18-22 years old. Maybe they should’ve gotten it maybe not that’s up to them. Either way it’s not like the vaccinated are immune or anything might as well test everyone if that’s the case. Vandy should for sure be tested now since they were violating social distancing guidelines at home plate l, first base, etc. 

🤘

Take it to the CR besides so much wrong with what you posted.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, msudawg said:

#HailState

Not complaining at all!  I couldn't care less.  The only point was that if you're gonna neg your opponents, you shouldn't get salty about a "Fuck Mississippi State."  Also, it might sound personal, but it's really not.  We hear "Fuck Texas" and its equivalents all the time from a bunch of little brother schools, so we have an us-against-the-world mentality around here.  Fuck everybody.

Anyway, hope you have a good Saturday and a disappointing Saturday night.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

🤘

You're not wrong, but can we keep this shit out of this thread?

Talk about UVA sword boi and "New Baseball" instead.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I thought he was going to start doing the Kobe juggling his huge balls thing on the way to first

I'll have you know that Kobe was ripping off Major League II, good sir

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

🤘

Hot take alert. 

Since they just cost their team a shot at the national title I’m thinking maybe their healthy 18-22 year old ass should have got the vaccine but I guess they proved their point. If they were aggy it would be going up on the wall. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

And if you had just done what I did before the series which was to post - "I'm sorry for anything I might say to you from here until the end of the CWS", you wouldn't even have had to post this up.  
It's the Ricky Bobby "All due respect" eternal Mulligan.
Trust me, it's science.
I apologize for anything else I will say that offends someone for as long as their is air (or when we turn into cyborgs and breathe some other form of gases) in my lungs.

There. I'm covered. And if I create a time machine. I'll go back and follow your lead. Plus make Gene Morgan not throw that strike in 85.

#HailState

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

#HailState

Do y’all no longer do the cowbells or is that just a football thing? I was the Cotton Bowl where Ricky tore y’all a new one and have PTSD to this day because of the goddamn cowbells.

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

the irony of playing a sport that is the most statisically reliant game from a decision standpoint and making terrible decisions about the vaccine from a statical standpoint is not lost on me.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

I apologize for anything else I will say that offends someone for as long as their is air (or when we turn into cyborgs and breathe some other form of gases) in my lungs.

There. I'm covered. And if I create a time machine. I'll go back and follow your lead. Plus make Gene Morgan not throw that strike in 85.

#HailState

With all due respect, you are a moron if you think you make Gene Morgan do anything.

The time machine?

Totally doable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I wonder what that dick chugger is up to this weekend...

Reading Bob Stoops', "How I got this bag of dicks and what I do with them" state of Oklahoma Best Seller cover to cover for the 8th time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not complaining at all!  I couldn't care less.  The only point was that if you're gonna neg your opponents, you shouldn't get salty about a "Fuck Mississippi State."  Also, it might sound personal, but it's really not.  We hear "Fuck Texas" and its equivalents all the time from a bunch of little brother schools, so we have an us-against-the-world mentality around here.  Fuck everybody.
Anyway, hope you have a good Saturday and a disappointing Saturday night.
Come to Lee Harvey's this fall, I'll buy ya a beer or a shot.
And I hope you also have a great day (I'll be drinking bourbon with friends all day till the game) till a disappointing night.

#HailState

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Sorry definitely not trying to derail or CR anything just don’t think it’s fair to pile on a bunch of kids like 99% of the responses here. Anyway get a win tonight and figure the rest out later.

Hook Em

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

the irony of playing a sport that is the most statisically reliant game from a decision standpoint and making terrible decisions about the vaccine from a statical standpoint is not lost on me.

What does that have to do with Sword Boi Troph?

We were advising to take the other to CR, amirite?

Just now, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Sorry definitely not trying to derail or CR anything just don’t think it’s fair to pile on a bunch of kids like 99% of the responses here. Anyway get a win tonight and figure the rest out later.

Hook Em

Not piling on them, objective science following statistical analysis like baseball says unequivocally they should have had the vax. The present outcome is open/shut hindsight too. Huge mistake. Last I’ll say on it CR or not but when it comes to public health faulty logic is very dangerous. Plus it’s fucking Texas in the ass.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Do y’all no longer do the cowbells or is that just a football thing? I was the Cotton Bowl where Ricky tore y’all a new one and have PTSD to this day because of the goddamn cowbells.

Worst hangover of my life, 10:00 a.m. kickoff, and those fucking cowbells were not a good combo for me that day.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Plus it’s fucking Texas in the ass.

Yeah I'm not convinced of this. First, we aren't quite through yet. Assuming we beat MSU, and assuming we were going to play Vandy then it puts us at a slight disadvantage. But... I'm not convinced that Vandy would have won today or that they are even a better team right now than NC State. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Not piling on them, objective science following statistical analysis like baseball says unequivocally they should have had the vax. The present outcome is open/shut hindsight too. Huge mistake. Last I’ll say on it CR or not but when it comes to public health faulty logic is very dangerous. Plus it’s fucking Texas in the ass.

I don't think those players read surlyhorns anyway.  We call out guys for being bad teammates on this site all the fucking time.  Jesus, go read the soccer threads, it's pages and pages calling out players for being shitty teammates with some nationalistic slurs thrown in for good measure. 

But yes, it is hilarious to me that the math behind sabremetrics of baseball for some reason is trustworthy, but math in public health is to be questioned at every turn.  "This pitcher throws breaking balls 90% of this pitch count, so let's be looking for the curve."  Valid.  "This vaccine is 90% effective."  Meh, sounds experimental.

But speaking of sabres, what's the Virginia Sword Pitcher up to today?  

"I'll take 'S Words' for $800, Alex." 

Edited by Lobo

Other than it not being an “experimental vaccine,” and other than it being a choice that put them at competitive risk (which they knew), sure, this all makes LOTS of sense.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2