2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

48 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

IMO, it all comes down to objectives that are all over the place. Fans want to win. Some BMDs want to win and others are satisfied with access and amenities. I am sure there are a lot of people within the AD who want to win, others want to make the most money, and still others want to use the money to support our non-revenue generating programs and don't want to see money showered upon football and football players because that wouldn't be "fair." (Plonsky).

It is time for the Athletic Director to decide what our objectives are and get people in alignment. That will also require some level of "taking out the trash." Get on board or get the fuck out.

This bullshit is unacceptable. It would be one thing if we were financing a Baylor-level program, but we are financing an Alabama-level program and getting a Texas Tech-level of success.

have you seen our Directors Cup?  Its beautiful!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a guy that has been elevated simply because of handshakes, smiles, and conversation, not unlike a politician of local government or other second rate public office.  Probably just a dumb guy tbh, anything even remotely technical is avoided like the plague to cover for his mental deficiencies

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

IMO, it all comes down to objectives that are all over the place. Fans want to win. Some BMDs want to win and others are satisfied with access and amenities. I am sure there are a lot of people within the AD who want to win, others want to make the most money, and still others want to use the money to support our non-revenue generating programs and don't want to see money showered upon football and football players because that wouldn't be "fair." (Plonsky).

It is time for the Athletic Director to decide what our objectives are and get people in alignment. That will also require some level of "taking out the trash." Get on board or get the fuck out.

This bullshit is unacceptable. It would be one thing if we were financing a Baylor-level program, but we are financing an Alabama-level program and getting a Texas Tech-level of success.

The only thing I'm holding on to (clinging to for dear life, really) is that Hartzell and Eltife come off as guys who really, really want to win. If those guys had their way, we would be playing in the SEC next year with Urban Meyer as our head coach. Sure as shit seems like they struck out on Sark, and it seems like Del Conte isn't cut from the same cloth, but if they are calling the shots I think there is some hope.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mentally weak. Exactly the type of player that needs to be gone.

This. Can't emphasize how important this is for both sides. He has time to mature at a new program, and Sark now has another scholly open at a position of need. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Very odd hostility about a pretty banal thing that isn't even hard to understand. 

I think people here who have money they want to spend on paying players should find ways to do it. Burnt Ends is a good one. There are other ways to do it.

I'd think you want people to actually make an effort, right? Not sure what your goal is here.

If you're calling UT to have them walk you through the process then it might be a problem, but if all you want to do is hire a player to endorse a business it's pretty straight-forward and, if you've got people doing that legal side who know what they're doing, it can go pretty smoothly.

We need to do it better. We need to do it more. Most of us aren't in a position to sign someone to a $1M kombucha-endorsement contract (I'm certainly not), so we've got to get more creative and work together (again, hat-tip to Burnt Ends).

We, as a fanbase and institution, are new to this. We're learning. This is way outside our comfort zone after decades of not Playing The Game.

Dude, get over yourself. I am a condescending prick with a penchant for being unable to suffer fools, gladly or otherwise. Don't mistake that with hostility or anger, as I reserve energy of that nature for areas of my life in which it's useful, and parrying with you about subjects like this is beneath that. 

The rest of what you quoted is indicative of someone who is the Internet version of a self-serving fart-huffer, which is your well-earned posting reputation. We've walked on the surface of the sun at this point with work on NIL. If you'd paused to actually read what I'd previously typed, you'd have saved us all some time by leaving out the rest of your post.

It's like you're posting through some sort of weird dimension in which you're stuck in 2020 and limited by info available at that time but somehow able to post on this thread into the current world, making the rest of us have to read it.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah it's stupid to talk about real processes that are working right now to put money in players' pockets we should only complain vaguely and with increasing rage about things we have zero control over. lol

UT's admin needs to do a much better job, and as I said, if you're relying on them to guide you in your NIL proceedings it's going to be a bad time. We have to do it ourselves. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

Our culture isn't ready for this right now. Don't know why it enrages some of you to hear that when you seem to believe it, too.

Teach us more, Professor! None of us have walked through any of this or worked on any of it at all. Not only that, we lack resources, guidance, strategy, and access. If you could just keep going with your academic pontificating, perhaps we can eventually grab a clue and help make some progress, by golly!

5 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The only thing I'm holding on to (clinging to for dear life, really) is that Hartzell and Eltife come off as guys who really, really want to win. If those guys had their way, we would be playing in the SEC next year with Urban Meyer as our head coach. Sure as shit seems like they struck out on Sark, and it seems like Del Conte isn't cut from the same cloth, but if they are calling the shots I think there is some hope.  

The only actual good news about anything with NIL or the football program right now is that Eltife and Hartsell do give a shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

This. Can't emphasize how important this is for both sides. He has time to mature at a new program, and Sark now has another scholly open at a position of need. 

Questionable if it will happen given his on and off the field issues. The guy is a starter and quit (maybe got himself kicked off?) before season's end. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The only actual good news about anything with NIL or the football program right now is that Eltife and Hartsell do give a shit. 

Image tagged in this is our concern dude - Imgflip

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mike Roach should be fired and someone should whip that fat fuck's ass if he is typing anything, anywhere, about Ewers right now. Motherfucker. Just shut the fuck up for a little while, you stupid fucking slob. Cue the other fatfuck at Orangebloods going all in from here. 

Texas is like the Veep version of college football. The incompetence involved at this point is staggering. STAG-GER-ING.

Seriously, is there a reason that Bianco or the university haven't revoked credentials from OB's or 247?

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Right on. I have yet to hear from anyone whose team didn't win it that thinks it's much of a big deal.

What do you mean?  Standford is wailing tears and ready to fire any and all involved in this stain upon their program.

I don't pay those idiots but do 247's subscribers not attack Roach/FCB when they publish shit like this or the K Banks stuff? Not like this is something new.

It's pretty obvious in Sark's pressers that he hates those guys. Idk why the admin insists on giving them access to the program. They add zero value.

• Hook 'Em 1

There are people who want to get involved who don't know how. I think it's helpful to give examples of how it can work so they feel empowered to get involved. because that's what we're looking for.

The fact that everyone else is below CTJ and we will infuriate him with our ignorance will just have to be the cross he continues to bear. :(

DODGE STRATUS

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I don't pay those idiots but do 247's subscribers not attack Roach/FCB when they publish shit like this or the K Banks stuff? Not like this is something new.

It's pretty obvious in Sark's pressers that he hates those guys. Idk why the admin insists on giving them access to the program. They add zero value.

Why would 247 subscribers attack the $9.95ers? They're providing the subscribers exactly what they're paying for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Why would 247 subscribers attack the $9.95ers? They're providing the subscribers exactly what they're paying for.

Fair but those subscribers also want the team to do well. Everyone knows there's a line of what to report and what not to. 

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Fair but those subscribers also want the team to do well. Everyone knows there's a line of what to report and what not to. 

You're seriously overestimating the intelligence of paid message board subscribers especially those of 247. Ever see the posts from the handle LotusHorn?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Why pay when Surly has all the material for free. 

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seriously, is there a reason that Bianco or the university haven't revoked credentials from OB's or 247?

I would assume they think it's good for business. Those sites drum up a lot of free publicity for the program. Also occasionally serve as unofficial mouthpieces.

The problem is that we have too many of them and they report shit they shouldn't. Our coaches shouldn't have to spend more than 10 minutes a week with those losers, and they shouldn't be reporting stuff like Ewers or K Banks regardless of where the info came from. 

33 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I don't subscribe to any site but I also know the 9.95 lemmings bitch at the mods when they don't spill the beans early only to say "yea we had that info, we were sitting on it."  Catch 22.

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

You don't even pay into burnt ends and talk about NIL like a child. He's not picking on you it's just naive and a waste of time to follow through on. 

I have a legitimate way to pay players, have the contacts to make it happen quickly and have the infrastructure to provide an easy way for people to get involved, yet all I'm getting is troll posts and a bunch of bullshit in a thread that I made about it. The problem with NIL is everyone wants to talk a big game, and no one actually wants to be the PAYING the players. I put 70k of my own money on the line to get it going and it's honestly the only reason that Texas is relevant in any NIL conversations right now, not just in public but at an internal AD level. 

Show up with some cash and I will fucking walk you in the door to get it to the player of your choosing. Until then shut the fuck up and stop trying to act like you know what's up on a message board. 

There are some sites out there that actually do have good contributors that do the diligent work it takes to pump out a real story. I don't advocate for people not subscribing to content they think is worth the money. If you pay those places for "scoop" fuck right off though. There is 0 scoop on any of these sites. 

I'm a poor and wish I could do more, but I will continue to pay into the burnt ends program because it is the one thing I am capable of doing in terms of providing $$ to players directly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There are people who want to get involved who don't know how. I think it's helpful to give examples of how it can work so they feel empowered to get involved. because that's what we're looking for.

The fact that everyone else is below CTJ and we will infuriate him with our ignorance will just have to be the cross he continues to bear. :(

DODGE STRATUS

As I and @immamac have referenced, there are plenty of ways to get involved and there are resources for such matters on this very board. 

I like the Will Farrell dysfunctional family skit as much as the next guy, but taking you to task for your slothful, bandwidth-draining behavior hardly makes me, or anyone else mocking your weak shit, that guy. I'm actually surprised you allude to having a sense of humor, since I've never figured that in the years of seeing your random posts. 

23 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You're seriously overestimating the intelligence of paid message board subscribers especially those of 247. Ever see the posts from the handle LotusHorn?

Hahahahahahaha. That is one of my all-time favorite posters, even though he dropped the bomb as an insider on that board and doxxed me to the readership.

He's always reminded me of the poster John Stamos on Amazon's review area, but unintentionally doing what that guy did with purpose. Scroll down for a taste if you've never seen it: https://www.amazon.com/Peace-My-Mind-Charles-Sheen/dp/1893830004

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

You don't even pay into burnt ends and talk about NIL like a child. He's not picking on you it's just naive and a waste of time to follow through on. 

I literally just described a thing I am currently involved in. Not sure what follow through I am asking for.

I have a legitimate way to pay players, have the contacts to make it happen quickly and have the infrastructure to provide an easy way for people to get involved, yet all I'm getting is troll posts and a bunch of bullshit in a thread that I made about it.

I think BE is awesome and have said so and will continue to say so because it's true. I hope you get all your returns back and it grows. I think you guys are trendsetters. I think you guys are pioneering a fantastic model that I would love to see others emulate.

You're doing awesome stuff. I love it.

I also believe that we need a lot of action outside of BE. You'd agree with that, right?

I put 70k of my own money on the line to get it going and it's honestly the only reason that Texas is relevant in any NIL conversations right now, not just in public but at an internal AD level. 

I'm not plugged into the AD. I don't know what "NIL conversations" you're talking about. I do know that a specific Texas player is getting money in his pocket directly correlated to the amount myself and others are investing into a project. That seems to be what people are interested in doing.

Show up with some cash and I will fucking walk you in the door to get it to the player of your choosing.

I don't need your help in order to accomplish this task. I appreciate the offer, though.

Keep kicking ass. I mean that sincerely.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

As I and @immamac have referenced, there are plenty of ways to get involved and there are resources for such matters on this very board. 

I like the Will Farrell dysfunctional family skit as much as the next guy, but taking you to task for your slothful, bandwidth-draining behavior hardly makes me, or anyone else mocking your weak shit, that guy. I'm actually surprised you allude to having a sense of humor, since I've never figured that in the years of seeing your random posts. 

This is all screaming insecurity.

Post like you've been there before.

30 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

For sure. Does that dude still have his fake insider shit?

I haven't been over to 24/7 since the Urban coaching bit so I'm not sure.  Most of the OB "insiders" either made shit up or stole from the 9.95 mods who were likely making shit up.  I think  a few of them even started their own site that went bust.

• Like 1

@bad_teammate wtf are you talking about? Are you paying players some mysterious NIL deal that hasn't been visible or something? You claim to be involved in something just like a bunch of people have been claiming to do something about NIL, but the truth is Burnt Ends remains to be by far the largest NIL deal that is going on at Texas and we actually talk about how much we are paying the players, because you know that is a fucking important part of NIL deals. 

It's not enough to secretly get some guy on the team XXX dollars, it needs to be very public. You think the Quinn Ewers details were published on accident? It's ridiculous to think that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

@bad_teammate wtf are you talking about? Are you paying players some mysterious NIL deal that hasn't been visible or something? You claim to be involved in something just like a bunch of people have been claiming to do something about NIL, but the truth is Burnt Ends remains to be by far the largest NIL deal that is going on at Texas and we actually talk about how much we are paying the players, because you know that is a fucking important part of NIL deals. 

It's not enough to secretly get some guy on the team XXX dollars, it needs to be very public. You think the Quinn Ewers details were published on accident? It's ridiculous to think that.

Homeboy is bored trolling the CR so he has taken his talent to the recruiting board.  I wouldn’t engage him any more.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I haven't been over to 24/7 since the Urban coaching bit so I'm not sure.  Most of the OB "insiders" either made shit up or stole from the 9.95 mods who were likely making shit up.  I think  a few of them even started their own site that went bust.

I remember when I was on 247 years ago (7+) and I would cringe when he would post his crap. Even then it was obvious 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm not sure everything absolutely needs to be public. Recruits will find out more than the public anyway and retaining current players is all about what they're actually making now. Ex: I'd love to know that Worthy is making a ton of money even if it never goes public. We need to keep him, and he can tell guys like Stewart what he's making without the whole world knowing.

Is it good to publicize the big stuff? Of course. But there's still a lot of value to private NIL deals.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

I'm not sure everything absolutely needs to be public. Recruits will find out more than the public anyway and retaining current players is all about what they're actually making now. Ex: I'd love to know that Worthy is making a ton of money even if it never goes public. We need to keep him, and he can tell guys like Stewart what he's making without the whole world knowing.

Is it good to publicize the big stuff? Of course. But there's still a lot of value to private NIL deals.

There is absolutely no value at all in private NIL deals to recruiting. There is value in private NIL deals to keeping a player in the program, sure.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

There is absolutely no value at all in private NIL deals to recruiting. There is value in private NIL deals to keeping a player in the program, sure.

Maybe you're right. Certainly less value. But no value seems like a stretch. I'd have to imagine the staff or players are telling recruits how much certain current guys are making. I even bet some staffs are straight up lying about it - "hey Evan Stewart, Ainias Smith is currently making $1mm in NIL deals. No we can't show you receipts but just trust us. Come to Aggy whoop!"

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

Tennessee’s LB room is at best equal to ours, and likely even worse. And this kid couldn’t get on the field there. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, maybe he’s in the wrong system, but I wouldn’t expect too much. 

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Tennessee’s LB room is at best equal to ours, and likely even worse. And this kid couldn’t get on the field there. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, maybe he’s in the wrong system, but I wouldn’t expect too much. 

Saw somewhere he wants to play DE but they moved him to inside LB. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)