2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Question.  I played football for 25 years. But I’ve also not played for 12 years. Is it better to be offered a bunch of playing time even a starting position on an absolute dog shit shit show of a joke. Or compete for reps and maybe you start maybe you won’t on a winning team that will compete for possibly play offs conf titles etc.  im Thinking I want the latter 

If your goal is NFL.  The NFL finds guys on obscure teams all the time so Texas is a viable place these days

35 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Stop with the Brocks.  They went to Bama bc they wanted to be on a winning team where they develop players.  That has not changed and that is not something Texas does.  They are sure as fuck not coming here.  His brother on our team literally told them not to come here.

Ironic as Tom gave Luke a ship and sark actually started his ass.  We suck but what a turncoat

9 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Unless he convinces Sark that he and Lake are 1+1=3 and Lake agrees to come on board 

Lake is a fucking clown. The idea that anyone watching what we've done so far this year could say "You know what? I want more of that great Washington brand coaching" is...   actually very believable sadly with how inept Sark is now that I think about it. Fuck. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Lake is a fucking clown. The idea that anyone watching what we've done so far this year could say "You know what? I want more of that great Washington brand coaching" is...   actually very believable sadly with how inept Sark is now that I think about it. Fuck. 

maybe he's just better as a DC than a HC?

2 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Him and PK may be clowns but they coached the shit out of the Washington defense.  They also recruited at a high level and got lots of players to the NFL.  He’s getting $9.9M as his buyout.  He can come here as an analyst. Let’s see if he can help….he can’t hurt.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Him and PK may be clowns but they coached the shit out of the Washington defense.  They also recruited at a high level and got lots of players to the NFL.  He’s getting $9.9M as his buyout.  He can come here as an analyst. Let’s see if he can help….he can’t hurt.

Rumor was that PK wanted to get away from Lake, which is why he came here. 

8 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Or Maybe he’s a west coast pussy who beat up on the Clay Heltons and Mike Rileys of the world, and won’t be able to hack it in a conference with real offenses.

What makes you think our conference has real offenses?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I just saw Kansas put up 57 points against this Pete Kwiatkowski coached defense so I assume those wizards have been putting up similar numbers all season, right? Right?

Oh, come on now. Weren’t 7 of those points against our offense? Damn, I truly forgot the score was that high. It was like a bad dream where I only remember bits and pieces.

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Oh, come on now. Weren’t 7 of those points against our offense? Damn, I truly forgot the score was that high. It was like a bad dream where I only remember bits and pieces.

They were at 35 at the half. So by first half standards, our second half D kicked ass.

18 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Or Maybe he’s a west coast pussy who beat up on the Clay Heltons and Mike Rileys of the world, and won’t be able to hack it in a conference with real offenses.

Yeah, fuck finding anybody else, our defensive coaches are geniuses. We should keep them all.

1 QB 9 OL and just pray that by sheer fucking luck at least a few of those guys can actually play at a non-shit level. 

Real answer is probably 1 QB, 1 WR, 4 OL, 1 edge (if you can get someone established; otherwise 3 OL and 2 edge), 2 LB, 1 S. If we land Stewart, as increasingly unlikely as that might be, I still think we need at least one more WR considering how injury prone Jwhit is. I really like Thompson and Winfield but neither is going to probably make a huge difference their FR year. 

Second question in this game - at what positions do you think we can actually land quality transfers?

Have to think WRs are still salivating at the offense. OLs likely still respect Flood and see a clear path to starting time. Same with QBs and Sark. We should be a contender for the top guys at those spots. 

Defense is fuzzier - will guys get excited about transferring in to play under PK/Choate (if still around)? Maybe they pull some guys from UW. Maybe a new DC brings some guys (UGA pls, thx).

59 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Jwhitt has been “back” like 27 different times. At what point will some of you quit counting him as part of the equation?

This. He is Kirk Johnson 2.0. Looks great from an eyeball perspective but you can never get him on the field. Have to recruit over pretty much everybody minus Bijan and Worthy at this point.

13 hours ago, alphahorn said:

4OL, 1QB, 3LB, 1 Edge, 1 Safety

The funny thing about the portal is the most valuable position seems like it is the easiest to fill, QB. I have looked around and a spot like Edge seems like a trying to find a needle in a haystack. I just checked on Texas's big miss at ILB and Gaoteote has 1 solo tackle on the year for OSU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The funny thing about the portal is the most valuable position seems like it is the easiest to fill, QB. I have looked around and a spot like Edge seems like a trying to find a needle in a haystack. I just checked on Texas's big miss at ILB and Gaoteote has 1 solo tackle on the year for OSU. 

He's slow but then again, we're using Brockermeyer.  Would you like Brockermeyer or Gaoteote?

He's slow but then again, we're using Brockermeyer.  Would you like Brockermeyer or Gaoteote?

He would fit right in our LB room by filling the same gaps as others, he next to AgEnT Zer0, arm bandit, whatever, would be pretty horrible too. Henry To’o x2 would have been nice.
Still not sure they would have looked good in this scheme though. But here’s hoping.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

He would fit right in our LB room by filling the same gaps as others, he next to AgEnT Zer0, arm bandit, whatever, would be pretty horrible too. Henry To’o x2 would have been nice.
Still not sure they would have looked good in this scheme though. But here’s hoping.

Yes To'oto'o is leagues better and was the real prize in the portal last cycle, doesn't matter though because we never had a chance there

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

He would crush it. There was no chance, but he woudl have fixed a lot of issues. You can go to any HS field and here LB coaches tell LBs "Make the DL right". He does that. Our LBs make them wrong. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)