2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

What’s the news on Demas?

I was confused too. Demas is listed as a transfer possibility in that 247 article.

TEXT:

Demas’ career catch total after two years in College Station stands at 15. He’s been a bigger part of Texas A&M’s offense in Year 2. He’s caught all 15 of those passes and has even started four games. Were this the preseason, I’d mark Demas as a near lock to transfer. He was on heavy transfer portal watch last offseason but decided to stick it out. There’s a chance he’s sold on being a bigger part of the offense in 2022 with Haynes King, the QB in his 2020 class, set to return from injury. But it’s worth noting no receiver other than Anias Smith has more than 15 catches this year. Jimbo Fisher’s offense does not heavily feature wide receivers, and that does not go unnoticed by those in that room.

23 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I was confused too. Demas is listed as a transfer possibility in that 247 article.

TEXT:

Demas’ career catch total after two years in College Station stands at 15. He’s been a bigger part of Texas A&M’s offense in Year 2. He’s caught all 15 of those passes and has even started four games. Were this the preseason, I’d mark Demas as a near lock to transfer. He was on heavy transfer portal watch last offseason but decided to stick it out. There’s a chance he’s sold on being a bigger part of the offense in 2022 with Haynes King, the QB in his 2020 class, set to return from injury. But it’s worth noting no receiver other than Anias Smith has more than 15 catches this year. Jimbo Fisher’s offense does not heavily feature wide receivers, and that does not go unnoticed by those in that room.

I would be down for a Swedish chef rehabilitation project, but you have to wonder if Demas has Stockholm syndrome at this point after being locked away by aggy HS coaches since his Sr year.

14 hours ago, D3zii said:

How can Evan Stewart see that news on Demons Demas and even think about going to A&M??? 

Stewart has ~300,000 guaranteed reasons to consider Aggy. He is also being directly told that Demas and other WRs at Aggy are just terrible low effort guys refusing to put in the work and that 'everything will change when we have our intended QBs!'. You combine all that crap together and route it through a world class snake oil salesman and you can start to see why he might bite despite common sense screaming "the fuck!?!?". 

Bama seems to be more of the threat currently anyway. 

• Like 1

Same damn reason Demas and Dylan Wright picked aggy.  It’s because they are getting paid money.  That offense is where WRs go to destroy their career.  

Stewart is looking for every reason to come here but it’s easy to pick Bama and go play for championships with elite talent and basically position yourself to be a 1st round pick.  Oh and you’ll probably get 200k from their boosters as well.  Our athletic department is completely clueless on how to fix this shit.  They had 2 years to come up with a NIL plan and still no fucking advantage.  

• Hook 'Em 1

If this staff is banking on Ewers, we are truly fucked.  That kid may be extremely talented but he has a very selfish and entitled attitude and this program honestly needs to get away from that.  We need guys like Rojo to help build our culture.   Find a guy at a smaller school that can make reads and get the ball out quickly.  We don’t need a QB with NFL traits.  We need a guy that can be a leader and simply run this offense.  Obviously you take Ewers if he wants to come but I’m not sure he solves some of the deeper rooted issue with this program.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

Also, any chance we can convince the Western Kentucky QB to grad transfer here if he has an extra year of eligibility?   He’s from Victoria, Texas.  6’1 220 lbs.  passed for 4600+ yards, 48 TDs/ 9 ints, with a 71% completion rate.  If Sark isn’t tampering and getting a QB like this, then he’s clueless.

Obviously, he’s already on the NFL scouts radar but this is a guy Sark needs to call up and say, I put Mac Jones, Jake Locker in the 1st round and 6 other QBs drafted .  Come play in my offense and get national media attention and ink him a fucking big NIL deal instead of being a mid to low draft pick.  If he says no, find the next QB that has proven he’s accurate and can pass at the college level.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Also, any chance we can convince the Western Kentucky QB to grad transfer here if he has an extra year of eligibility?   He’s from Victoria, Texas.  6’1 220 lbs.  passed for 4600+ yards, 48 TDs/ 9 ints, with a 71% completion rate.  If Sark isn’t tampering and getting a QB like this, then he’s clueless.

Obviously, he’s already on the NFL scouts radar but this is a guy Sark needs to call up and say, I put Mac Jones, Jake Locker in the 1st round and 6 other QBs drafted .  Come play in my offense and get national media attention and ink him a fucking big NIL deal instead of being a mid to low draft pick.  If he says no, find the next QB that has proven he’s accurate and can pass at the college level.

Zappe accepted a Senior Bowl invite, so I would say no.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

If both stay at OSU, that has to help us with Brown. He'd start as a true freshman over anybody we have on campus right now. 

Who’s got the stats on a true freshman QB being successful with this shitty of  an O line.  I get that we’re desperate but that’s not a scenario I hope happens.  Sure get the guy but get a grad transfer as well.

10 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Who’s got the stats on a true freshman QB being successful with this shitty of  an O line.  I get that we’re desperate but that’s not a scenario I hope happens.  Sure get the guy but get a grad transfer as well.

I'm fine with that. But if we get some starting o-line from the portal, that would make a huge difference. 

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Meh, spare me. He’s a fast WR, not Cam Newton or a difference making pass rusher.

He’s the best WR to come out of the state in years. He’s a difference maker. If you ain’t paying for players like him we ain’t going to fare well going forward. 

He’s the best WR to come out of the state in years. He’s a difference maker. If you ain’t paying for players like him we ain’t going to fare well going forward. 
He has the physical tools however it's too early to tell if he has the mental tools that are of the same caliber of his physical attributes.

The best way to make long term money is by going to college and becoming a high draft pick. A couple of million dollars is peanuts compared to NFL contracts. That's how these kids make real money. Where do you think the real opportunity lies to make big money, Jimbo's offense for a wide receiver or Sark's? 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)