2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Would any OU players actually transfer to Texas though? So much built up hate there with all the horns down stuff, gotta be a tough mental block. Maybe true freshmen can do it..

Very few players actually give a shit about "rivalries" like fans do.  A lot of these guys are friends.

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So he can share carries with Achane?  Should be an interesting recruitment - again.

He doesn't care about not getting carries. He just wants to survive one more year and produce enough to go top 3 rounds. Bama would make a lot of sense with their RB issues

47 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

There isn’t as much hate as you think.

True. Many of the guys consider college a means to an ends - I remember hanging out at a party with Kentucky and Louisville basketball players. Many grew up together and played AAU ball together. For them, the rivalry means a game against friends. There isn't much built-in hate.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

True. Many of the guys consider college a means to an ends - I remember hanging out at a party with Kentucky and Louisville basketball players. Many grew up together and played AAU ball together. For them, the rivalry means a game against friends. There isn't much built-in hate.

Remember when Danny Green was partying with Lebron like 15 minutes after their finals game?  It's just a job to these guys these days.  Maybe before the 80s it was real but not now.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

agreed.  the all star games, camps, etc. give these guys a chance to meet a lot more these days.  this isn't like the days when there were unlimited scholarships and you chose to go to OU, Ark, or Texas with no numbers game to deal with.  

I do think the hate is pretty bad between Mich/tOSU and Auburn/Bama.  Texas OU not so much, the roster of OU makes it a different dynamic from those other rivalries.  

Texas/Aggy could get back to that again a bit I think.

39 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So he can share carries with Achane?  Should be an interesting recruitment - again.

Achane is apparently already upset with the lack of carries. He would transfer if they added Evans. 

The headache of Evans to run off a good back doesn't make much sense for aggy. Evans is talented as hell but Achane is a good back too. 

33 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Achane is apparently already upset with the lack of carries. He would transfer if they added Evans. 

The headache of Evans to run off a good back doesn't make much sense for aggy. Evans is talented as hell but Achane is a good back too. 

Achane is the only home run threat on that roster. Please let this happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a shock but still a big one. Sadly I'd assume he ends up at Aggy 

All the big programs backed off him because they didn’t want to deal with his bullshit, no? We’ll see who’s changed their minds. Could see OU or LSU trying to bring him in under new coaches

Just now, 6th Street said:

He's miles ahead of Casey Thompson and Hudson Card. Would be lucky to have him at Texas

Rattler is not good. Going from shit to slightly better shit isn't going to fix anything. 

Not to mention he's a huge mental case that will cause all types of problems on the roster. He's the exact type player that Sark should be running off on the current roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Rattler is not good. Going from shit to slightly better shit isn't going to fix anything. 

Not to mention he's a huge mental case that will cause all types of problems on the roster. He's the exact type player that Sark should be running off on the current roster. 

Slightly better shit is a bad take. hes a good college QB and better than what we have. He can sling it.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)