2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

In an apparent sign of Cold War level hate, Ohio State has removed the headshot from Quinn Ewers on their roster, the only such player without one as of now. They're ... not excited about the word of his impending transfer.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

thought there was never a headshot photo for him since he was a fall enrollee (only one)?

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In an apparent sign of Cold War level hate, Ohio State has removed the headshot from Quinn Ewers on their roster, the only such player without one as of now. They're ... not excited about the word of his impending transfer.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

Idk about some headshot but you’re saying it’s happening?!?!? 

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Taking a picture and uploading it to a website doesn't take a rocket scientist. Its not a ritual they perform only 1 time a year 

Ohio State has a process!  do not deviate from the process!  you not there on picture day, you no get picture all year!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think we should go with the theory being pushed out there to the likes of me. It makes for a better story and allegedly is also true.

Well shit what’s he waiting for then? He should tell ‘em to fuck off if they’re gonna be babies

For the board’s future sanity, if he hypothetically were to transfer, any chance it’d be to somewhere other than UT? If so people might need to be mentally prepared..

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Taking a picture and uploading it to a website doesn't take a rocket scientist. Its not fucking insurance open enrollment season

I’m old enough to remember when Iowa used Greg Davis’s Texas picture and just changed the colors on his polo with photoshop. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 4

Anybody know what's up with the Brocks at Bama? Neither were in uniform this past weekend against a bad NMSU team (a game they would have likely played in). 

Both injured again? Or Daddy Brock already pissed about the lack of playing time? 

If I'm Sark I'm tampering with these guys because I think they would look around. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Also of note, Alabama fans are pretty much done with Marrone as the OL coach. 

They're regressed a lot on the OL without Flood. 2020 OL with Flood: 14th line yards, 7th sack rate. 2021 OL with Marrone: 23rd line yards, 53rd sack rate. 

I think Saban will be firing some coaches this offseason. This is probably the worst staff he's put together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They're regressed a lot on the OL without Flood. 2020 OL with Flood: 14th line yards, 7th sack rate. 2021 OL with Marrone: 23rd line yards, 53rd sack rate. 

I think Saban will be firing some coaches this offseason. This is probably the worst staff he's put together. 

Meanwhile our shit OL I think is actually better at line yards than Bama's otherworldly OL of 4 & 5 stars. Our sack rate is horrible, but when your QBs hold the ball for 5-8 seconds almost every pass play they are going to get sacked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I mean, they lost the Rimington winner, Outland winner and some other dudes from a Joe Moore award winning line?

plus lost their Broyles award winner (Sark), Heisman/Maxwell/Walter Camp/Blietnikoff (Smith), O'Brien winner (Jones) and Doak Walker winner (Harris)

Marrone is a fucking great coach. the fans may be done, but he was a significantly better hire than BoB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd argue BoB is dog shit and Marrone might be pretty good.

This. I am sure Marrone is going to be fine, that Bama team from 2020 may have been their best team ever. You can’t play at that level in college without taking a step back from time to time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

I mean, they lost the Rimington winner, Outland winner and some other dudes from a Joe Moore award winning line?

plus lost their Broyles award winner (Sark), Heisman/Maxwell/Walter Camp/Blietnikoff (Smith), O'Brien winner (Jones) and Doak Walker winner (Harris)

Marrone is a fucking great coach. the fans may be done, but he was a significantly better hire than BoB.

Their LT was a preseason projected top 5 pick. Ekiyor started last year. Owens is a 6th year guy with several starts coming into 2021. They lost a lot of production in 2019 and didn't bomb in 2020. It's fucking Alabama.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Anybody know what's up with the Brocks at Bama? Neither were in uniform this past weekend against a bad NMSU team (a game they would have likely played in). 

Both injured again? Or Daddy Brock already pissed about the lack of playing time? 

If I'm Sark I'm tampering with these guys because I think they would look around. 

Had this exchange with a plugged in guy at Bama this morning. He says they are not currently on the active depth chart.

833CD32C-4F27-4363-84C3-BA7B037B9BE6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Had this exchange with a plugged in guy at Bama this morning. He says they are not currently on the active depth chart.

833CD32C-4F27-4363-84C3-BA7B037B9BE6.jpeg

I texted my friend inside the bama machine this morning for you guys. They said they think those guys are happy and Texas fans are wishcasting. They have a few other players that have a home state team that believe a transfer is imminent for them also. It's basically a constant on the bama end that other programs believe this stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

A really well known, great coach that struggles coaching 4 star and five star OL. Interesting. It must be easier to coach jags like christian jones and tope imade then. lulz. I just know that all the Texas coaches suck. It's a fact at this point. Record says it all. haha 

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I texted my friend inside the bama machine this morning for you guys. They said they think those guys are happy and Texas fans are wishcasting. 

That is certainly my thought, but I would love to be wrong. Of course, they also probably don't love playing under BOB, and that really wasn't their plan. 

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I texted my friend inside the bama machine this morning for you guys. They said they think those guys are happy and Texas fans are wishcasting. They have a few other players that have a home state team that believe a transfer is imminent for them also. It's basically a constant on the bama end that other programs believe this stuff. 

The only thing I find weird about it is that it is both of them at the same time.  They have been on the second team oline all season, and then they both disappear at the same time. You are right, it is probably bullshit wishcasting, but they aren’t injured and they have not played a snap all season so they could play the last few weeks and still preserve the redshirt. Then the second team line gets plenty of run the week they disappear. Then they are absent from the depth chart again this week. 

But we can’t have nice things so this is probably all just circumstantial nonsense.

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The only thing I find weird about it is that it is both of them at the same time.  They have been on the second team oline all season, and then they both disappear at the same time. You are right, it is probably bullshit wishcasting, but they aren’t injured and they have not played a snap all season so they could play the last few weeks and still preserve the redshirt. Then the second team line gets plenty of run the week they disappear. Then they are absent from the depth chart again this week. 

But we can’t have nice things so this is probably all just circumstantial nonsense.

Probably going to aggy. 

Ducks.  Runs. Changes name.  Moves to another state. 

Fuck the brocks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Can he catch? That would make him better than everyone else but Zay and jwhit. 

His 247 profile says he has strong hands and is good at catching through contact/ contested catches. Also, his dad played in the NFL and his brother is in the NFL. I think he’s worth talking to, at least. 

20 minutes ago, TXRed said:

His 247 profile says he has strong hands and is good at catching through contact/ contested catches. Also, his dad played in the NFL and his brother is in the NFL. I think he’s worth talking to, at least. 

This. His brother doesn’t seem like the fastest guy either, but is still pretty damn good.

Article:  "Six updated targets that Texas should pursue in the transfer portal"

• MJ Tafisi - LB - Washington
  • Curtis Dunlap Jr. - IOL - Minnesota
  • Derek Smith - OT - Central Michigan
  • Navonteque “Bugg” Strong - LB - LSU
  • Kayden Lyles - IOL - Wisconsin
  • Simi Moala - OT - Utah

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/lists/texas-football-longhorns-transfer-portal-targets-recruiting-offseason-steve-sarkisian-roster/

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)