2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Could Banks play the star, or would he likely push one of the young CBs to the star position. Texas should be pretty well off at CB next year with Barron, Crawford, and Ibraheem. Maybe Johnson moves to star.

Allen and Jordan should make for a pretty decent combo at safety, pushing for PT with Adimora, Thompson, and Coffey. Texas really needs to bring in a portal safety that can hit the 2 deep immediately, otherwise the depth is inexperienced.

An experienced LB and Safety transfer could possibly tie this defense together in 2022.  Right now there is no cohesion in the 2021 Texas defense...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

An experienced LB and Safety transfer could possibly tie this defense together in 2022.  Right now there is no cohesion in the 2021 Texas defense...

Allen and Jordan should push and Maybe Coffey is going to be a good one, but we need a Safety in the worst way,.

also I believe that has a little to do with the defense of coaches, their is no cohesiveness between the front and back end…Unless the kids are just out there saying Fuck the Coaches, which at this point anything is a possibility, we may have a new coach or two at certain positions..

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Could Banks play the star, or would he likely push one of the young CBs to the star position. Texas should be pretty well off at CB next year with Barron, Crawford, and Ibraheem. Maybe Johnson moves to star.

Allen and Jordan should make for a pretty decent combo at safety, pushing for PT with Adimora, Thompson, and Coffey. Texas really needs to bring in a portal safety that can hit the 2 deep immediately, otherwise the depth is inexperienced.

We need as many solid bodies as we can get. We can't count our chickens at any position on this team outside of RB.

54 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I think we need a starter-quality ILB, 1-2 Edges, and a Safety would be nice. Plus a few more guys for depth.

On offense, need a QB, 3-4 OLs, and 1-2 WRs.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Oh here we go. 

In the world every non-boomer has grown up in, easy access to current and relevant information has been a constant for all of our lives. Being younger today doesn't mean you're more up to date on music, just less refined and experienced. We can all listen to the current pussies with no flow sob-talk into their mics and still appreciate the legends who built and defined the genre. 

It's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something. You nerve-wracking sonsabitches.

I understand it's already a mute point but here's how I translate.

I'm the carry-out kid when my trigger's in cock
I'll be carryin' out bodies stiff as a rock
Carryin' out a million dollars in my pockets and hand
But I carry out orders from no man
Cause anything you wanna do, I already did
You used to see me rock the house when you was a kid
But in my MC school, my class is packed
And tricks are for kids so I left your ass back

The bloodletting this program needs should give Sark a do over with the $$$ guys. They loved Bo’s tirade and they would love to hear the story from Sark that we have several bums that need to be cleared out. Would definitely be an opportunity for Sark to bring some of those guys under his tent. 

15 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

The bloodletting this program needs should give Sark a do over with the $$$ guys. They loved Bo’s tirade and they would love to hear the story from Sark that we have several bums that need to be cleared out. Would definitely be an opportunity for Sark to bring some of those guys under his tent. 

What did they think of his public comments?

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

All of those things are true, so it would only be a stretch for Tom Herman to get that over. Sark is a guy that I believe the donors want to buy into and his staff doing this is a plus for him, and it only reinforces that these fucking muppets on the team need to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

I understand it's already a mute point but here's how I translate.

I'm the carry-out kid when my trigger's in cock
I'll be carryin' out bodies stiff as a rock
Carryin' out a million dollars in my pockets and hand
But I carry out orders from no man
Cause anything you wanna do, I already did
You used to see me rock the house when you was a kid
But in my MC school, my class is packed
And tricks are for kids so I left your ass back

*moot

18 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

18 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Why are they putting Worthy Pic on that tweet? 

18 hours ago, justhookit said:

That’s Josh Moore, katfid 

Give the guy a break, he was obviously focusing on the fact that the ball was still in Moore's hands, you can understand the mistake

Edited by alphahorn
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Are we after Marcus Banks? 

Ha, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. His profile doesn't seem to show any UOVs to Texas but he and his mom attended a game at DKR (I think maybe Baylor) during the 2018 season. Some dumbass on the recruiting staff told him and his mom to sit in a couple of seats in the parent's section that apparently were occupied by the parents of a current player. Current player's parents show up, find Banks and his mom sitting in their seats, then apparently a heated argument ensues and Banks and mom get kicked out of the section. Momma Banks comes up to me (event staff) and chews me out for someone else's fuckup and makes sure to mention several times that her son is a top 100 recruit. Not sure how it resolved after I referred her back to the recruiting staff, but good times.

58 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Ha, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. His profile doesn't seem to show any UOVs to Texas but he and his mom attended a game at DKR (I think maybe Baylor) during the 2018 season. Some dumbass on the recruiting staff told him and his mom to sit in a couple of seats in the parent's section that apparently were occupied by the parents of a current player. Current player's parents show up, find Banks and his mom sitting in their seats, then apparently a heated argument ensues and Banks and mom get kicked out of the section. Momma Banks comes up to me (event staff) and chews me out for someone else's fuckup and makes sure to mention several times that her son is a top 100 recruit. Not sure how it resolved after I referred her back to the recruiting staff, but good times.

what a cluster fuck. this kind of shit is unacceptable and someone's head should be on a platter.

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

One of those hundred dollar handshakes coulda smoothed it over a bit.  Come on dude, do your part.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Playing time? I guess, but if you're on defense you should run far the fuck away from PK.

I could see PK being fired this week. Probably not, but it’s getting to that point. This game sealed his fate. Sark almost doesn’t have a choice anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I could see PK being fired this week. Probably not, but it’s getting to that point. This game sealed his fate. Sark almost doesn’t have a choice anymore. 

He needs to be fired. 

The defense didn't quit last night,  it never started.

They bent us over and drove it home on that first drive and our players liked it.

Question.  I played football for 25 years. But I’ve also not played for 12 years. Is it better to be offered a bunch of playing time even a starting position on an absolute dog shit shit show of a joke. Or compete for reps and maybe you start maybe you won’t on a winning team that will compete for possibly play offs conf titles etc.  im Thinking I want the latter 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)