2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

The only two affecting Ewers are Stroud and McCord and Stroud obviously isn’t going anywhere. I don’t buy the 247 article saying both Ewers and McCord are going to wait until after spring to compete for the backup spot. That would just put them further behind at their new school if they were to transfer.  

Edited by TXRed

46 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

He hasn’t yet but both Slovis and Moss are likely in the portal pretty quick

and if Williams portals to USC with Riley, Dart is gone as well.

Texas will not be waiting on Ewers until after spring. Slovis or Dart would be better than Ewers given that they have already played real snaps.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

and if Williams portals to USC with Riley, Dart is gone as well.

Texas will not be waiting on Ewers until after spring. Slovis or Dart would be better than Ewers given that they have already played real snaps.

Card has played real snaps also.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If Williams follows Riley then I have to think Dart will hit the portal. No way he hangs around to compete with a guy his new HC is bringing with on the plane. Not sure we would factor into his potential landing spots but that kid has excellent upside and would be a good fit with Sark's system. /shrug 

Williams, maybe Dart, and Malachi Nelson would be a lot of competition to deal with at USC

I'd have a hard time seeing either Brown or Ewers/McCord going there.

3 hours ago, realgreggym said:

The best way to make long term money is by going to college and becoming a high draft pick. A couple of million dollars is peanuts compared to NFL contracts. That's how these kids make real money. Where do you think the real opportunity lies to make big money, Jimbo's offense for a wide receiver or Sark's? 

You know you’re in surly when a couple of million dollars isn’t real money 

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm pretty skeptical of a guy who can't crack the 2-deep by year 3. And Bama's OL isn't even that great this year. But Flood should know whether he's worth going after.

Maybe with other teams cracking the 2 deep would be a concern, but we are talking about the most talented team in college football. So less of a concern. You will likely say the same thing about the other Brockermeyer twin in 2 more years.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Maybe with other teams cracking the 2 deep would be a concern, but we are talking about the most talented team in college football. So less of a concern. You will likely say the same thing about the other Brockermeyer twin in 2 more years.

We can say it about K Rob…

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t think it’s a given he goes to USC. Riley is inheriting Dart who is a BAMF drop back passer. 

Riley will have his pick of QBs in the west for the next 5 years at a minimum. He will be like a surly poster criticizing megan fox’s thumbs, but irl.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)