2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Just now, Tex-19 said:

I’m still confused by the roster number rules. If we sign a full 2022 class, how many transfers can we take? Does it matter how many people transfer out or are we limited to 33 total incoming players (including transfer and high school)?

25 standard signings, plus up to 7 additional spots available to replace players that portal out, for a total of 32. 

If Sark says 33, he's probably counting a walk-on or two (K, LS).

Do we really have hopes of kids who have been on the other side of our rivalry, passionately doing the horns down, to suddenly want to run down to Austin? I’d think there would be a mountain of other schools they’d consider, and be accepted in the locker room, before coming here.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

25 standard signings, plus up to 7 additional spots available to replace players that portal out, for a total of 32. 

If Sark says 33, he's probably counting a walk-on or two (K, LS).

Oh ok so if we have 20 people transfer out (making up a number), we could still only take 7 transfers? That’s unfortunate.

I think the extra one is related to counting backwards for an extra 2021 spot. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Oh ok so if we have 20 people transfer out (making up a number), we could still only take 7 transfers? That’s unfortunate.

depends on how many 2022 commits we get, how many count back, 7-12 or such.

9 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Sarkisian said the staff is supposed to start meeting with current players this week right? We should probably see guys on our roster hitting the portal soon. We’ve got a lot of dead weight to shed.

Was wondering about when our guys will start trickling in. Certainly plenty of candidates. On the other hand it's not like we have a ton of guys with great tape that big programs will be tripping over each other to sign. 

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

the portal needs to be QB, OL and LB.  WR/Safety if outright stud.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we take 24 recruits and 1-2 count back toward 2021 then you can take 8-9

Didn't we have 9 early enrollees last year? Seems like we should be able to backcount several scholarships. I thought Sark was talking about taking 28 high school guys before they announced the new +7 portal rule. Admittedly, I don't know shit. 

Edited by Bevo14

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)