The 2021 Gold Cup

Knoxtnhorn

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

GerBer has won me over but really questioning the lineup tonight.

Vines and Busio I thought played very well Thursday. I also thought after the short burst from Gioacchini that he may get a look tonight.

I believe.

Busio will almost assuredly play. Guessing Dike goes super sub, too. 

Gerg's been rotating the starters a fair bit. 

Busio will almost assuredly play. Guessing Dike goes super sub, too. 
Gerg's been rotating the starters a fair bit. 

I’m all for rotating the starters but this is the final. Play your best guys you got.

I still think we got this. The kids just want to prove they belong, and we got Turner playing out of his mind.

38 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Zardes for DIKE.  Bello for a Vines, Williamson for Busio, Cannon for Moore.   

Zardes for Dike is a good call. Don't know if Dike is hurt (I think that he is) or just in his head (which also may be the case), but Zardes has offered much more in his limited time the last two games than Dike has offered in his extended time the last two games. The striker sub will be Giocchini, because he's been dangerous when played up front.

Bello for Vines is because Bello is short and fast. The guy he is playing is short and fast. Vines would get raped all night against Mexico's lineup. This isn't Qatar. It doesn't matter if Vines played well against Qatar, this is a different lineup.

Busio has been bitched off the ball most of this tournament. He's not physically (or psychologically) ready for international play. Especially not against Mexico. Williamson is more physically ready and showed more going forward.

Reggie Cannon is better than Shaq Moore. Also, until Shaq Moore learns how to cross the ball in the air, we don't need to see him in the lineup.

Hopefully we see positive things from Lletget, because he hasn't played a positive game for a bit, but it may have been because he had different responsibilities with Busio.

Go team

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this pitch looks narrow

this will be a factor

Football fields are narrower than futbol pitches.   Game has to be won from angular upfield passing from the back/midfield.   Can’t rely on side to side game on a narrow field (other than crosses/sets) 

Edited by Trey3216