Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

It's over. Hell of a run ladies. 

No one saw this coming after we lost to KU and Tech at home and the 3 game losing stretch to OU and Baylor twice. Blew me away, yet again. This Vic did can coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

She’s been horrible other games to but made shots at the end. you can’t keep trading points when they keep getting to the line. . 

who would you have taken out? needed 2 bigs in and the other 3 were the only 3 that made shots at all today. ride the hot hands

Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

If we can get at least one dominant big...

Hit the portal for a wing and a big. The rest of the pieces are in place. Hope Kendall Hunter can get her act right in the off-season - girl can score, just was lost on the court 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, crum said:

who would you have taken out? needed 2 bigs in and the other 3 were the only 3 that made shots at all today. ride the hot hands

Definitely would have took out EBO she was just on the court. Couldn’t even get a Rebound 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No one saw this coming after we lost to KU and Tech at home and the 3 game losing stretch to OU and Baylor twice. Blew me away, yet again. This Vic did can coach. 

Yep, we have our PG that will take us where we want to go. Missing piece to be in the mix for a big 12 title is a reliable big in the paint

Just now, OU Sucks said:

Nice of them to finally call an over-the-back when it doesn't matter anymore

Problem being that is exactly what a push on a rebound looks like while, at least, two of our fouls was just our girls out jumping their girls.

i didn’t watch

i kept up via this thread and the ESPN app. I knew how this thread would go. I was just happy We got beyond the S16. For a coach to have two EEs in his first two years tells you we are AHEAD of schedule. Vic is a little older but I fully believe he will win a NC here before he’s done.

this program is miles beyond what any of us thought it would be at this point. We couldn’t say that if Aston was still here.

Vic will get it done. Great season ladies. This is only the beginning.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Great run Ladies. Will look forward to seeing you continue to kick ass next year. 

All this. Really enjoyable year. Nice to see a team get better over the season, win the B12 tourney and have a nice long run the the NCAAs.

Easy to like this team and believe in this coach.

Every year I expect us to get better and better, Final four next year seems very possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, TommysTinyTowels said:

All this. Really enjoyable year. Nice to see a team get better over the season, win the B12 tourney and have a nice long run the the NCAAs.

Every year I expect us to get better and better, Final four next year seems very possible.

We got one game better in conference from last year, won the conf tournament and had a MUCH BETTER showing than that miserable E8 game versus SC last year.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Yep, and loved seeing the entire University get behind them. Lets keep that up as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

And experience matters - most of their roster was on a title team. Matharu, Rori, Moore, Lattimore first time on this stage and Gaston and Holle barely played in last year’s run. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I don’t watch a lot of womens basketball.  Ebo is worthless.  If she cant play bully ball against someone she probably outweighs by 50 lbs she doesn’t need to be on the court.

Man, you should have seen some of our bigs during the Goestenkors era.  

• Haha 2