Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If aggy misses out on Carter and Beason they are fucked again at CB.  Young, IIRC, is viewed more as a Safety and Wolfe looks lost in the clips I've seen from camps.

They'll buy, I mean find, someone 

A&M hired that Austin Thomas guy who was basically the original Carrington for LSU, who then left for USC, then came back to LSU after a year, then left for UTjr the next year where the job fell through when he didn't get the role that he wanted, then got a job at Ole Miss which fell through, and is now at A&M

He's also known as "The Giant" from Twin Peaks

Image result for austin thomas

Image result for the giant twin peaks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M hired that Austin Thomas guy who was basically the original Carrington for LSU, who then left for USC, then came back to LSU after a year, then left for UTjr the next year where the job fell through when he didn't get the role that he wanted, then got a job at Ole Miss which fell through, and is now at A&M

Image result for the giant twin peaks

How in the f*** does that guy relate to young African American males? 

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How in the f*** does that guy relate to young African American males? 

He's supposed to be a friendly dude and an organizational whiz who is good at making everything go smoothly and every family feel special - it's not exactly the Carrington role but he's good at his job. Him being at TAMU is annoying.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's supposed to be a friendly dude and an organizational whiz who is good at making everything go smoothly and every family feel special - it's not exactly the Carrington role but he's good at his job. Him being at TAMU is annoying.

He's valuable enough for four SEC teams to be interested in him, but then again, three of them were fine with him leaving or his deal falling through, so it's not like he was viewed as crucial for them. This feels like A&M landing a fungible guy whose job plenty of others can do, and if A&M didn't hire this guy, they'd find someone similar 

There are internet rumors of him being a bagman, but there are also internet rumors on A&M message boards of Carrington being a bagman, so who knows?

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He is the guy Hamm worships because he gave Hamm the time of day at some satellite camp. You will now see Hamm pumping so much sunshine for this guy, it will blind you

He also has Hamm's dream job 

His role is less like Carrington and more like Derek Chang. He's good at his job but his lore at Aggy is built because he had a welcome kit of the 247 guys when Hamm was there and he treated them like they were people instead of 9.95ers so Hamm has worshipped him since then. 

To be fair, they desperately need this guy because as we saw down the stretch Jimbo's path/recruiting stops were non-sensical and cost him time with better and more viable options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

His role is less like Carrington and more like Derek Chang. He's good at his job but his lore at Aggy is built because he had a welcome kit of the 247 guys when Hamm was there and he treated them like they were people instead of 9.95ers so Hamm has worshipped him since then. 

To be fair, they desperately need this guy because as we saw down the stretch Jimbo's path/recruiting stops were non-sensical and cost him time with better and more viable options. 

it's not a bad hire by any means but it represents aggy catching up with the times, rather than pacing the field, like all the agroids are claiming.

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

how can they do that unless he's a coach?

"Do you honestly think they care about the rules?"

Y'all realize we Just did that with Carrington this year, right? Doesn’t have to be a coach, just can only have 10 people on the road. If you’re down an assistant, you can put him on the road until you hire the replacement.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If memory serves he was so successful LSU toyed with the idea of benching a shitty recruiter and letting him stay on the road full time. 

Iirc one of their assistant was sick or old or something, and they got a waiver to g t him replaced on the road 

We are about to see cheating on a unprecedented level from Jimbo and aggy. I mean the man guaranteed a #1 or #2 recruiting class at a place that has never even come close to that. Not even Nick Saban would do something like that.

Edited by texaslong

20 minutes ago, randygilman said:

I finally saw an SEC sticker inches from an A&M sticker on a truck in the wild yesterday.

I knew it was a thing, but still seeing it the first time was laugh-inspiring

Holy fuck, do you no longer live in Texas? I shit you not I see that at least once a day in Houston, and I've got a pretty short commute to work. The parking lot at my local Kroger makes me consider the merits of keying vehicles regularly. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy fuck, do you no longer live in Texas? I shit out not I see that at least once a day in Houston, and I've got a pretty short commute to work. The parking lot at my local Kroger makes me consider the merits of keying vehicles regularly. 

You may wanna see a physician for that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RabidM said:

There isn't much at LB in state this year and there's always the possibility that LSU has higher rated guys they think they'll get later.  There may not be much of a fight being put up over that LB.

Yeah looking at his page outside of LSU his offer list is pretty meh'.

3 hours ago, RabidM said:

There isn't much at LB in state this year and there's always the possibility that LSU has higher rated guys they think they'll get later.  There may not be much of a fight being put up over that LB.

dave aranda probably didn't want him in the first place imo.