Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

46 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jimbo gonna' flip Rojo last minute.

He can’t do that per the cucks handbook. Section 7 paragraph 21 clearly states that you aren’t allowed to flip a recruit when a recruit has flipped your wife (over).

Edited by Vertigo

22 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Leal

Hyperbole and delusion. Ag koolaid has been consumed 

I’m calling my shot now, I think we flip him. He’s perfect for our defense. He’s visited us since committing. His mom loves us. I’m convinced he just needs to see how bad they will be first.

And once Leal flips the flood gates will open. But DeMarvin is the key.

10 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m calling my shot now, I think we flip him. He’s perfect for our defense. He’s visited us since committing. His mom loves us. I’m convinced he just needs to see how bad they will be first.

Apparently Radiology roller coaster season is in full swing. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m willing to wager the opposite

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Aggy didn't flip anybody from our class last year we are not going to flip leal from them this year. The recruits are blowing smoke up the asses of the 9.95s and people are eating it up.

57 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

Maybe you need some more effective lead shielding.  You are displaying symptoms of cognition deficit. 

• Like 2

It’s almost as if you guys have never seen the aggy rollercoaster.

Dont get blindsided by their ephemeral highs. We’re at peak coaster. 

You think the Leal family is going to stick around after they go 4-8 and we go 10-2? Not a chance. We’re an hour up the road, he’ll visit a few more times before December. Next time Huff needs to let him drive the Lambo. Not just sit in the passenger seat. 

10 minutes ago, Sleepyhorn said:

Nah, but we do have the best drugs. Dr. Feelgood.

Do you wear long sleeve T-shirts under your scrubs, dark glasses in the hospital, and volunteer to take the long cardiothoracic and neurosurgical cases, even when you're post-call?

Edited by Spawn of Cthulhu
2-for-1 margaritas

30 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Don’t make fun of the rad guys. They’re hard-working. I heard of one who did an h&p for his own procedure once.

Story time

I work in kind of a remote area and we don't have a permanent radiologist on site. We had one visit for a few days not too long ago and one of the docs in clinic asked him for advice on a read on whatever imaging that he had gotten on a patient. It wasn't completely diagnostic, so the radiologist goes, "Is the patient still here? It'd help if I could lay hands on and do a physical exam."

The entire room turned and just stared at him in shocked silence. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Story time

I work in kind of a remote area and we don't have a permanent radiologist on site. We had one visit for a few days not too long ago and one of the docs in clinic asked him for advice on a read on whatever imaging that he had gotten on a patient. It wasn't completely diagnostic, so the radiologist goes, "Is the patient still here? It'd help if I could lay hands on and do a physical exam."

Is this a Candi joke gone awry?

Edited by rickyspub

11 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Story time

Um...?

6 minutes ago, PilotsError said:
8 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:
It makes more sense if you, you know, read the post I was replying to. I even quoted it for you.

That being said, sorry for derailing. Just made me think of that story and wanted to share. 

Can you just fucking explain it

Narrator: He Can’t

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Narrator: He Can’t

Radiologists have a reputation for being unwilling to go out on a limb when they interpret images. They also have a reputation for being even more unwilling actually to examine patients. The radiologist in his story was a true exception and apparently a really good doctor.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Radiologists have a reputation for being unwilling to go out on a limb when they interpret images. They also have a reputation for being even more unwilling actually to examine patients. The radiologist in his story was a true exception and apparently a really good doctor.

If youre going to make a sock id suggest not using an almost identical avatar.

• Like 3

All aboard!!

Spoiler

Liucci

11:30p, 8/26/18

Staff

AG

We're quietly a couple of days into 'Game Week' since kickoff versus Northwestern State is on Thursday night, so with fall camp technically behind us, let's take a quick look at some notes, observations and developments during the final stretch of practices leading up to the 2018 kickoff. A few notes before we preview the Ags' date with the Demons at Kyle Field:

-At quarterback, there's zero doubt that we're going to see plenty of both Kellen Mond and Nick Starkel on Thursday night. Someone has to take the first snap and someone has to get the majority of the first-team reps heading into the season-opener, but I think it's fair to say that this particular competition will continue through game one. While I know the question asked to Coach Fisher this week had to do specifically with Kellen Mond, the head coach's effusive praise in his answer combined with the fact that the second-year signal-caller came out and completed around 80-percent of his passes (per Fisher) the day after the Ags' Kyle Field scrimmage sure sounds like the type of day late in a competition that could win you a job (or at least the starting nod for the season-opener). Again, we'll see where it goes on Thursday night but, either way, I still believe the 2018 quarterback competition will continue for at least another week.

-I'm careful not to forget to mention Kwame Etwi in these write-ups because he's going to play a significant role in the A&M backfield this fall. However, two names I continue to hear as we approach the season-opener are true freshmen Jashaun Corbin and Vernon Jackson. I've mentioned Corbin as a potential breakout freshman more than once this month and am convinced he has a chance to be special offensive weapon in Maroon & White. Jackson, meanwhile, has become increasingly effective (and at times pretty damn impressive) as a short-yardage and goal line runner. The big man is tough to bring down and could provide an element that the Aggies have desired more than they've had it since joining the SEC.

-Trayveon Williams? I'm not sure there's a guy who has come further as a leader and a performer since Jimbo Fisher's arrival. He followed up a strong finish to spring ball with a stellar fall camp. At nearly 210 pounds, the junior hasn't lost a step and looks poised to contend for the SEC rushing title while also emerging as a vocal team leader.

-Of course, the aforementioned tailbacks will have the added advantage of running behind a fullback this fall, and the guy leading the way has been a real find. It took 12th Man Cullen Gillaspia about half of the spring season to get acclimated to playing offense but, by the end of April, the former walk-on had begun to show real promise at the position. He's been a rock-solid performer throughout fall camp and, last week, was one of the offensive standouts during the scrimmage. Gilley isn't just going to be a guy to stand in there and block, he's a much better athlete than most seem to believe - an NFL-caliber athlete at the position, actually - and has done some very nice things both catching the ball out of the backfield and on handoffs. I haven't talked about the player who came in at 'No. 1.5' on our '30 Players in 30 Days' feature (inside joke if you don't have twitter) nearly enough because he's going to play a key role this fall.

-Speaking of last week's scrimmage, Jace Sternberger is another Aggie who came out of spring ball with a ton of momentum and has carried that over through fall camp. The newcomer was nothing short of sensational during Scrimmage #2, enjoying a night similar to what we saw out of him at Kyle Field a few months back when he was the easy choice for MVP of the Spring Game. Sternberger reminds me of Jason Witten in that he's not going to juke you out of your shoes or anything but he does such an outstanding job of setting up defenders, reading a defense, adjusting his route and using his body that he's an incredibly difficult coverage assignment for safeties and linebackers.

-Up front, the starting five has been pretty stable and consistent throughout camp, with the expected four starters and Erik McCoy remaining at center. Jared Hocker has shown steady improvement from start to finish and seems to have a solid hold on the fifth starting spot. We'll know soon enough (probably by the time the Ags are done playing defensive lines from Clemson and Alabama) if the unit Jim Turner starts the season with has staying power for the first time in three seasons. Progress has been encouraging up front, that much is obvious when watching the unit, talking to sources or listening to Jimbo Fisher or Darrell Dickey at recent pressers. Still a big question mark as we enter game week, but this unit has a chance to surprise if they're able to weather the September storm.

-Dameyune Craig has some nice depth at wide receiver and Quartney Davis back up to full speed after battling a minor injury is a big boost. Davis certainly made the most significant jump. I'd expect a lot of different receivers to catch a pass or two on Thursday night, but what Craig needs to see is which members of his group of sophomores and freshmen actually step up and show well enough to generate confidence as the Aggies prepare to square off against the No. 2 Clemson Tigers in less than two weeks. Which pass-catchers step forward is anyone's guess, but Davis, Jhamon Ausbon, Cam Buckley and a re-emerging (as far as practice goes) Kendrick Rogers are a good place to start.

-Daylon Mack has really responded to his new position coach Elijah Robinson, and he's wrapping up the best fall camp of his four-year Aggie career. Over the past week or so, sophomore Justin Madubuike has been the real story on the inside, however. Madubuike was slowed for a brief stretch with an injury, but he's been a real problem on the inside since returning to action. If he can stay on the field, the 6-3, 300-pounder is as disruptive a force as Mike Elko has at his disposal. Behind those two, Jayden Peevy is slowly beginning to round into form after missing the spring, and Mohammed Diallo is still adjusting to the college game but flashes unreal talent. Give those two a little time to catch up since neither were on the field for spring practice, but their presence has certainly pushed guys like TD Moton and Josh Rogers to elevate their respective games. The two youngsters have turned what was already a strong position into one of the deeper units I've seen at A&M since the R.C. Slocum heyday.

Kingsley Keke is a member of that group, as well, even though he's spent a lot of time at end. Though the All-SEC candidate has really begun to show he's making a very smooth transition to playing end, expect to see #8 playing inside and out for Elko, at least until Micheal Clemons returns to action (rumors of Clemons being sidelined for the remainder of the season were completely false), which shouldn't be too much longer. Until then, Keke and Bobby Brown are most likely to man the spot opposite Landis Durham. Brown is still adjusting to the college game, but he's flashing jaw-dropping ability on an increasingly consistent basis.  

-Jimbo Fisher mentioned sophomore DE Tyree Johnson last Thursday as someone who is really beginning to show signs of turning the corner. We saw the redshirt freshman flash blinding burst and speed off the edge a couple of weeks ago when he recorded five sacks in the open practice, but what surprised me was listening to Fisher talk about the possibility of Johnson playing standing up. Keep an eye on the Maryland product on Thursday night. If he shows well over the next couple of weeks as a backup, the Ags get Clemons back, Brown emerges quickly into a force up front and Keke makes the most out of getting the chance to cross-train, then DE could end up being a much different-looking and stronger position by sometime around the start of October.

-Tyrel Dodson has been as good as advertised as both a linebacker and leader and Otaro Alaka has been a stable force as he prepares for his senior season. Where the Aggies are going to need a sophomore or two to step up is at rover. Either Anthony Hines or Buddy Johnson and perhaps even both will have to step up and show significant improvement over last season in terms of consistently playing within the scheme and making plays. If that happens and both can get healthy (they've been banged up but nothing serious), the and only then will the A&M linebacking corps begin to look like a strength as opposed the question mark it is as the Ags enter the season with just four healthy scholarship players plus recently converted safety Larry Pryor at the position.

-Losing Clifford Chattman for the time being (per Fisher during his Thursday presser) is a pretty big blow to the Aggie secondary, IMO, because he was clearly one of the three best corners on the roster. Even so, I had one insider tell me this weekend that Mo Linguist's secondary has probably shown more improvement from the beginning of camp until today than anywhere else on the roster. Adding Debione Renfro to the mix, Leon O'Neal providing depth and playmaking talent at safety, the continued progression of vets Derrick Tucker and Chuck Oliver and, perhaps most importantly, the re-emergence of Donovan Wilson as an impact playmaker are the reasons why. Wilson has looked as good as anyone on the A&M D throughout camp and appears poised to return to the form that made him an All-SEC candidate following a breakout sophomore season.

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

"Trayveon Williams...hasn't lost a step and looks poised to contend for the SEC rushing title"

Behind that line?  Christ on a cracker, Billy.

Did you miss the part about the walk-on now starting at FB being an NFL caliber athlete? Or the fact that Jace Sternberger being their biggest gamebreaker? Or the fact that Vernon Jackson is showing impressive ability as a short yardage back? Or the fact that Mack is going to break out this year? Or the fact that JMad is not going to get injured this year?

Billy is peaking too soon, they are likely to be off the rails before October hits.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Sternberger reminds me of Jason Witten in that he's not going to juke you out of your shoes or anything but he does such an outstanding job of setting up defenders

This is peak Looch. 

1 catch in two seasons at Kansas.  21 receptions at JUCO (28yds a game).

3 months with Jimbo and he's Jason fucking Witten.

I'm just going to throw it out there that it probably says more about the shitty aggy LB's/DB's than it does Sternberger.  

That Liucci report is one of the most hilarious, and surreal, things I've read in a while. The echo chamber that those people are in has to be something to behold. The sheer audacity of claiming that every single player is really emerging; that the walk-on fullback, who's never played the role before, is an NFL talent; and that Vernon Jackson, of whom recent footage exists of his running back "skills", is a developing threat in the backfield, is fucking jaw dropping. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

So Debione Renfro is Deion Sanders.  Sternberger is Jason Witten.  Their line is the '67 Packers.  Diallo is an All American.  Williams is Barry Sanders.  Vernon Jackson is Jim Brown.  I get it.  The roller coaster magic ride toward Thursday night.  Maybe Joe Namath will suit up for Northwestern State.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That Liucci report is one of the most hilarious, and surreal, things I've read in a while. The echo chamber that those people are in has to be something to behold. The sheer audacity of claiming that every single player is really emerging; that the walk-on fullback, who's never played the role before, is an NFL talent; and that Vernon Jackson, of whom recent footage exists of his running back "skills", is a developing threat in the backfield, is fucking jaw dropping. 

I’ll say this of Sumlin - his scheme produces points, which is the best way to avoid tragedies in football. Sumlin took lesser teams and was able to sneak by Arky and Ole Miss etc. by producing points via scheme and coaching, but didn’t have enough talent to be a real threat every week.

If Jimbo’s slow-and-low offense is unable to magic-trick some TDs onto the board this year, there is going to be major shock factor related to game outcomes, moreso now with this off-season hype campaign than ever. Should be glorious.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
Spelling
  • Like 5