2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

To be fair, some of the conclusions are based on practice reports from fellow surly posters, all of whom are equally full of shit.

The problem with reading too much into practice is outside of basic technique the observers typically have no idea what the players are supposed to be doing or what the coaches are attempting to accomplish.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

I was thinking more along the lines of 2009-2012 Bama.

I like how you are thinking.  We could be like the 2010 Bama team with better DB's, and more depth at RB...Possibly a better QB too, but not as good of an Oline..A comparible DLine..

Edited by Azbadlands

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I’m so pessimistic that this is how I see our first offensive series going against ULala and I hate myself for it

1st&10: Robinson, Bijan- run gain of 8yds

2nd&2: Card, Hudson- sacked for -6 yards

3rd&8: Card, Hudson- pass incomplete to Washington, Marcus

4th&8: Dicker, Cameron- punt for 32 yards to the Texas 38 yard line

The last 10 years have fucked me up 

How are we letting this go without calling out the inevitable delay of game before the first snap? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

I am trying not to let my BHS take hold but ultimately this is not a very good team on offense (minus RB).

We have unproven commodities at QB, WRs that cannot stay healthy, block or get open, TEs that hate contact/blocking and cannot catch as well as an OL that is full of 5th & 6th year JAGs (or at least it seems like Imade, Ghirmai etc have been here 6 years doing jack shit)

I do believe the game day coaching/rotations will be better as Herman was an assclown of epic proportions but Sark is going from leading a Ferrari of an offense to whatever amalgam of pieces Texas has.

This team is so frustrating as in spite of all of this glaring offense weakness I can see 9 wins. I could also see 6-7.

This team absolutely needs to play ball control offense, chew up clock and ride the defense.

Challenge is that is not a sexy O to sell to recruits (before all of the NIL fuckery Plonsky is responsible for)

Oh well, That's why God invited Bourbon, to make Saturdays feel good even if the Horns don't play well.

• Rage+1 1

My observations:

Bijan reminds me of going on Folsom field and seeing Ricky up close for the first time.  Can't wait. Note the difference between the Texas running back and the former Alabama back.

Help me!!!  Watching DeMarvion Overshown run reminds me of ... I hate to say... Curtis Dickey. I need a better parallel! His F=ma is gonna fuck some people up.

Casey's shorter throws tend to have the nose of the ball down. Seems peculiar.  

DKR looks great.  The unpainted facade on the upper deck has bothered me for 40 damn years. Not any more. 

56AC2D12-8F57-495F-AA83-6047607D7BEE_1_105_c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Are we going to be average on offense? Probably. It’s a long ways from Herman’s first year and a metric fuck ton from Strong in year one. It’s to be expected, neither QB would’ve been recruited by Sark. But we’ve got to find a way to win some games with what we can do. The encouraging piece is we have a play caller to do that. The last two coaches basically said fuck it, we are who we are in year 1. Sark isnt wired that way IMO.

Edited by Revolution512
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Start Casey and just run screens and RB dump offs with the occasional play action bomb.  Anything over the middle and you are looking at a pick or PBU.  We can't do Sark's offense with this crew.

Of course we can - but its going to have to be very pared down to start the season.  It won't be as dynamic against Louisiana as it will be by the time we play Iowa State - but it will still be Sarks offense.  RPO's, lots of RB involvement in the passing game, and TEs galore.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Are we going to be average on offense? Probably. It’s a long ways from Herman’s first year and a metric fuck ton from Strong in year one. It’s to be expected, neither QB would’ve been recruited by Sark. But we’ve got to find a way to win some games with what we can do. The encouraging piece is we have a play caller to do that. The last two coaches basically said fuck it, we are who we are in year 1. Sark isnt wired that way IMO.

https://247sports.com/Player/Hudson-Card-46048769/high-school-206295/

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Realized I copied the link from the timeline and not the base recruiting page.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Oh for fuck's sake - Charlie fucking Strong got 6 wins in his first season and that was with an absolute shit team with much less talent or depth than this team and a coaching staff full of has-beens or never was's.  What the hell kind of mindset do you have to have to think this is a 6 win team?

I know, I know. I have Battered Horns Syndrome bad. I just see a big range in final performance with this team in terms of wins/losses and a minimal margin for error on defense/ST to make up for shortcomings in the offense.

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

"QB's and WR's having trouble getting on same page against air"  - Jeff Howe, Month 8 of Sark Era

As I mentioned - the actual number of plays from Sark's playbook is going to be pared down significantly - but they will absolutely be running RPO's.  They're going to identify over the next couple of weeks as they prepare for Louisiana just which ones they're comfortable running.  Just like every team does when they put together a team's gameplan.

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

I know, I know. I have Battered Horns Syndrome bad. I just see a big range in final performance with this team in terms of wins/losses and a minimal margin for error on defense/ST to make up for shortcomings in the offense.

This team has a guy being talked about as a Heisman candidate on offense. 

And despite some misgivings this is one of the better and more experienced OL's Texas has had lately.  The OL coach is actually playing Okafor at OG for god's sake - that in and of itself is a miracle.  And as Burt pointed out in some of the practice film we watched - the OL actually did things we haven't seen in years - like sustain a block and then move up to the second level successfully.

I don't think the basement on this team is nearly as low as some people here believe.  This is a damn good coaching staff filled with guys that know what they are doing.

Even with the alleged struggles at WR (and possibly QB) this team is going to score points and Bijan is going to make everyone else's job easier.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Are we going to be average on offense? Probably. It’s a long ways from Herman’s first year and a metric fuck ton from Strong in year one. 

Just getting the OC, OL, DC, and DL hires right from the start will make me so happy. If they can develop, this thing will get headed in the right direction no matter the headwinds.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

This is so amazing and elusive.

Trying to say I can see this team winning only 6 and I can also see them winning 9. I have no idea what to expect from them as in the past shitty coaching has held team back, but on offense (outside of Roschon) there are no upperclassmen that I look at as being leaders/exceptional players. We have 6th year seniors at TE & OL that have never really done shit in their time at UT that we are hoping "get it" under Sark.

I would be thrilled to see 10+ wins with this team. I just think there are way to many questions/holes to be filled to get the team there.

I have no idea how one could be definitive in what they view the win total for this team this season to be.

I got negged by three people for posting Casey's highlights from the Alamo Bowl when many of you were convinced Card is much better. That's the QB who won a game for us and could be starting the first game. How fucked up is that?

Then I got negged by 10 posters for making fun of one of those 3 people who went on a rampage negging my other posts. That was hilarious! Some of you have serious anger issues. You should see someone about that.

I have put all of those on ignore because I don't know you and I don't care for your takes either and it seems like you have a personal vendetta or perhaps I remind you of someone who did bad things to you as a child. Seems like some of you just can't wait to neg me. You always have the option to put me on ignore if you don't agree with me. That's what I did now that I know who you are. 

I am happy to discuss with other posters who have their anger issues under control, have a sense of humor, and are willing to get out of their comfort zone. 

Lastly, I dig FutureMan's jokes. He is one of the smartest posters here. To @Futureman:

Austin Powers Reaction GIF by i-love-you

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 46

2 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I got negged by three people for posting Casey's highlights from the Alamo Bowl when many of you were convinced Card is much better. That's the QB who won a game for us and could be starting the first game. How fucked up is that?

Then I got negged by 10 posters for making fun of one of those 3 people who went on a rampage negging my other posts. That was hilarious! Some of you have serious anger issues. You should see someone about that.

I have put all of those on ignore because I don't know you and I don't care for your takes either and it seems like you have a personal vendetta or perhaps I remind you of someone who did bad things to you as a child. Seems like some of you just can't wait to neg me. You always have the option to put me on ignore if you don't agree with me. That's what I did now that I know who you are. 

I am happy to discuss with other posters who have their anger issues under control, have a sense of humor, and are willing to get out of their comfort zone. 

Lastly, I dig FutureMan's jokes. He is one of the smartest posters here. To @Futureman:

Negged

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Thanks for telling everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Can someone remind me where all the nail biting is coming from? From what I can tell, the data points we have are:

1. Spring game 
  2. 9.95er "sources" (who actually haven't been that negative on the QBs right?)
  3. Media portion of practices - How long is a media portion? If it's 5 minutes and the coaches don't want to show real plays to media, then it's dumb to put any stock in it. Also not all negative reviews from these.
  4. Scrimmage 1 reports 
  5. One open practice (again, doubtful they opened up many offensive plays for the public to see)

To be honest, kinda seems like everyone is being a bunch of pussies. We have a tiny sample size mostly based on times when coaches don't want to give anyone a feel for what the offense looks like. We also still have 2.5 weeks before game 1. Not saying I know the QBs will be good, maybe they do suck, but also not ready to proclaim we're doomed.

• Hook 'Em 3