2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Greg Davis should've been fired in the early 2000's

Somebody will make a point for me, so I'm going to just do the leg work and allow the hate to bring the conclusions to us...

Year 1 - 1998  9-3 / 36 PPG / AP#15 (Major + Ricky)

Year 2 - 1999 9-5 / 32 PPG / AP#21 / Big 12 South Champions (Major + Hodges Mitchell)

Year 3 - 2000 9-3 / 38 PPG / AP#12 (Major / Simms + Hodges Mitchell)

Year 4 - 2001 11-2 / 40 PPG / AP#5 / Big 12 South Champions (Simms / Major + Ced)

Year 5 - 2002 11-2 / 34 PPG / AP#6 / Big 12 South Co-Champions (Simms + Ced + Roy)

Those are the five seasons BEFORE Vince Young or Colt McCoy ever saw the field.  Is this when he should have been fired?

Year 6 - 2003 10-3 / 41 PPG / AP#12 (VY + Chance Mock + Ced + Roy)

Year 7 - 2004 11-1 / 35 PPG / AP#5 (VY + Ced)

Year 8 - 2005 13-0 / 50 PPG / AP#1 / Big 12 Champion / BCS Champion (VY + Jamaal + a squad of dudes with over 500 yds on the season - this was amazing.)

Year 9 - 2006 10-3 / 36 PPG / AP#13 (Colt + Jamaal Jamaal)

Year 10 - 2007 10-3 / 37 PPG / AP#10 (Colt + amaal Jamaal)

Year 11 - 2008 12-1 / 42 PPG / AP#4 / Big 12 South Co-Champion (Colt + Ship + Quan)

Year 12 - 2009 13-1 / 39 PPG / AP#2 / Big 12 Champions / BCS Runner Up (1st loser) (Colt + Shipley)

These were the seven seasons of VY and Colt.  Two conference championships, two BCS title games, one BCS championship.  Is *THIS* when Greg Davis should have been fired?

Year 13 - 2010 5-7 / 23 PPG / (Squints and his 10 TD / 17 INT season) FIRED right on time.

The team averaged 38PPG* in the 12 seasons he didn't have a blind kid at QB.  (*Yes, I know I included D/ST points... whatever, the number may change to 37.)

Everyone hates Greg Davis because he wasn't the Defensive Coordinator, apparently, because we could never stop Oklahoma from putting up 5011 points to win the conference... but to say he should have been fired in the early 2000s is crazy.

Now, go ahead and say the crazy, so we can drink this kool-aid upon my retort.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wonder how different outcomes would have been if Mack had Bijan Robinson from 2010-2014 to run his new ground focused offense. Who knows,

I know. It would still have sucked dick but we would have wasted Bijan Robinson instead of Johnathan Gray/Malcolm Brown. We had an entire roster recruited for and prepared to play the spread that were forced into a dog shit 3 yards and a could of dust offense.

How in the ever loving fuck do we not have 2-3 consistent WR’s in group 12 deep? Herman you fucking blow.

Edited by Enchubben
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys need to grow a pair. It's pretty simple. Stark is going to try and run his offense. What is going to determine how effective it is will be the running game. Plain and simple. If we can get something going on the ground, then the RPOs will work. The better the ground game, the easier the throws.

Look, after years of Greg Davis, then who we already knew was going to struggle in Shawn Watson, followed by Tom Herman trying to force his offense onto a QB that should've been a pocket passer, I get the struggle. However, let me remind you. Greg Davis was what he was before us and after us. Iowa ranked 114, 79, 71, 54, and 95 while he was there. WE DID NOT HAVE A QUARTERBACK FOR THE BETTER PART OF A DECADE, and we didn't have anyone here who could maximize mediocre QB play.

We are not cursed. We simply have been giving the wrong people jobs. Greg Davis should've been fired in the early 2000's, but Vince and Colt took him off the respirator. Then we went 7 full years before we got a decent QB in here. But when that finally happened Tom Herman came in with his "must have a running QB" playbook and tried to force Ehlinger into it, as we all knew he would.

For years Texas hasn't been able to put competent playcalling on both sides of the ball. Think back and tell me I am wrong. Not even through the good years did we have good playcallers on both sides. One was always meh.

But I agree with everything else in here...

1 minute ago, Reese Bennett said:

Offense and defense talk not going away, but I bet special teams wins us at least one game this year. We’ll actually have plans and understand concepts. I think that will be one of the most noticeable improvements. 

Is Dicker the Kicker a good Punter?

9 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Somebody will make a point for me, so I'm going to just do the leg work and allow the hate to bring the conclusions to us...

Year 1 - 1998  9-3 / 36 PPG / AP#15 (Major + Ricky)

Year 2 - 1999 9-5 / 32 PPG / AP#21 / Big 12 South Champions (Major + Hodges Mitchell)

Year 3 - 2000 9-3 / 38 PPG / AP#12 (Major / Simms + Hodges Mitchell)

Year 4 - 2001 11-2 / 40 PPG / AP#5 / Big 12 South Champions (Simms / Major + Ced)

Year 5 - 2002 11-2 / 34 PPG / AP#6 / Big 12 South Co-Champions (Simms + Ced + Roy)

Those are the five seasons BEFORE Vince Young or Colt McCoy ever saw the field.  Is this when he should have been fired?

Year 6 - 2003 10-3 / 41 PPG / AP#12 (VY + Chance Mock + Ced + Roy)

Year 7 - 2004 11-1 / 35 PPG / AP#5 (VY + Ced)

Year 8 - 2005 13-0 / 50 PPG / AP#1 / Big 12 Champion / BCS Champion (VY + Jamaal + a squad of dudes with over 500 yds on the season - this was amazing.)

Year 9 - 2006 10-3 / 36 PPG / AP#13 (Colt + Jamaal Jamaal)

Year 10 - 2007 10-3 / 37 PPG / AP#10 (Colt + amaal Jamaal)

Year 11 - 2008 12-1 / 42 PPG / AP#4 / Big 12 South Co-Champion (Colt + Ship + Quan)

Year 12 - 2009 13-1 / 39 PPG / AP#2 / Big 12 Champions / BCS Runner Up (1st loser) (Colt + Shipley)

These were the seven seasons of VY and Colt.  Two conference championships, two BCS title games, one BCS championship.  Is *THIS* when Greg Davis should have been fired?

Year 13 - 2010 5-7 / 23 PPG / (Squints and his 10 TD / 17 INT season) FIRED right on time.

The team averaged 38PPG* in the 12 seasons he didn't have a blind kid at QB.  (*Yes, I know I included D/ST points... whatever, the number may change to 37.)

Everyone hates Greg Davis because he wasn't the Defensive Coordinator, apparently, because we could never stop Oklahoma from putting up 5011 points to win the conference... but to say he should have been fired in the early 2000s is crazy.

Now, go ahead and say the crazy, so we can drink this kool-aid upon my retort.

98 scored 7 against K state

99 scored 6 against Corn and 6 against the Pigs

00 scored 14 against OU

01 scored 3 against OU

03 scored 13 against OU and 20 vs Washington State

04 scored 0 against OU

I know I don't have to tell you this, but the measurement of a good OC isn't "out-talenting" guys. The measurement is how you play when you come up against equal talent. Sure, we averaged a shit ton of points, but all of us were pulling our collective hair out at the lack of ability to put guys in situations where they could be successful. I mean, we had Cedric and Vince in the same backfield and couldn't even manage a field goal against OU. There is no way you were happy with the way those games were called.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Seems like as much as we're being told the receivers suck and as deep as we're being told we are at DB there would be talk of Schooler going back to receiver. Either the receivers aren't that bad or Schooler's a bad ass safety.

It's the latter, I think Schooler may be a surprise all conference type player.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Seems like as much as we're being told the receivers suck and as deep as we're being told we are at DB there would be talk of Schooler going back to receiver. Either the receivers aren't that bad or Schooler's a bad ass safety.

He’s doing pretty well

FCB on injuries.

Spoiler

* We're still waiting for official word on the evaluation of redshirt freshman receiver Troy Omeire's knee injury suffered in Wednesday night's practice. But it sounds like Omeire won't be participating in Saturday's scrimmage, according to a source.

* The source also said sophomore receiver Jordan Whittington has some hamstring tightness. Whittington may or may not take part in Saturday's scrimmage, but it's not considered serious, the source said.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

FCB on injuries.

Reveal hidden contents

* We're still waiting for official word on the evaluation of redshirt freshman receiver Troy Omeire's knee injury suffered in Wednesday night's practice. But it sounds like Omeire won't be participating in Saturday's scrimmage, according to a source.

* The source also said sophomore receiver Jordan Whittington has some hamstring tightness. Whittington may or may not take part in Saturday's scrimmage, but it's not considered serious, the source said.

FCB and his source are idiots.

It’s always serious with Whittington.

That Louisiana game doesn’t look too good without JWhitt. Might as well start Casey & run some heavy read option style shit. That’s just me talking out my pussy though, we don’t know what this offense looks like.

Edited by CastHorn
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

That Louisiana game doesn’t look too good without JWhitt. Might as well start Casey & run some heavy read option style shit. That’s just me talking out my pussy though, we don’t know what this offense looks like.

What’s the problem? if we don’t let the other team score, we win. See fixed it. 

9 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

He might play in the scrimmage tomorrow and you're ruling him out from a game 15 days from now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Schooler is a bad ass safety.  

Wait a few weeks ago many were saying the safety position was in trouble because there was talk of him starting and how he wasn’t athletic?  Any backing of him was met with, well why did he move to receiver then?  Lol.  I think he’s going to have a great  season!  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

We match up really well with Louisiana, imo. They’re a run heavy team, and our DL will fuck their offense up 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

We match up really well with Louisiana, imo. They’re a run heavy team, and our DL will fuck their offense up 

Y’all are fucking right. We got a coach who’s going to drag his dick up and down that sideline on Gameday. 3-0 start easily. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

They lost two running backs to the NFL and replaced them will a small scat back, a transfer from Army, and Jacob Kibodi from aggy.   Their 5'9" QB is going to be running for his life.  

I feel like our offense is going to be fine. Our guys will come out against someone with a different color jersey and the O line is going to get mean. Then the backs are going to go wild. Then everything cascades from there.

One thing about those recent interviews was that Flood left Bammer because he thinks Sark is the best play caller in football. I'm hoping that is the truth because that's what it's all about. Momentum is a thing. Running a predictable offense is fucking infuriating. I think Sark knows how to dominate both. 

If PK can get this defense playing top tier we aren't going to get ahead by 4 and tap the brakes. 

There aint no brakes on this offense. 

Finally a coach that understands you keep pounding and scoring on offense no matter what because you want to keep the momentum. Not run the fucking clock out. 

No turd-le Tom and we are going to mudhole everyone leading up to blowU. Then we will get a true test for Sark and the boys. Fuck OU.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There aint no brakes on this offense. 

Finally a coach that understands you keep pounding and scoring on offense no matter what because you want to keep the momentum. Not run the fucking clock out. 

Sark as an assistant at USC and Alabama mudholed errbody except VY.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

98 scored 7 against K state

99 scored 6 against Corn and 6 against the Pigs

00 scored 14 against OU

01 scored 3 against OU

03 scored 13 against OU and 20 vs Washington State

04 scored 0 against OU

I know I don't have to tell you this, but the measurement of a good OC isn't "out-talenting" guys. The measurement is how you play when you come up against equal talent. Sure, we averaged a shit ton of points, but all of us were pulling our collective hair out at the lack of ability to put guys in situations where they could be successful. I mean, we had Cedric and Vince in the same backfield and couldn't even manage a field goal against OU. There is no way you were happy with the way those games were called.

Fire the dude for having six bad games in six seasons.

I hated those bad games... 

But yes, if you haven't noticed, most winning comes from out talenting the other team.  Look at the teams that win consistently... They consistently have better talent. When the talent level drops off, the winning drops off... in all sports.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

Y’all are fucking right. We got a coach who’s going to drag his dick up and down that sideline on Gameday. 3-0 start easily. 

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

They lost two running backs to the NFL and replaced them will a small scat back, a transfer from Army, and Jacob Kibodi from aggy.   Their 5'9" QB is going to be running for his life.  

Their center is like 5’10 270. He’s a good technical player, but he vs Coburn/Sweat is going to wreck their inside running game, which they hang their hat on 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

Pete Kwiatkowski is 10 feet tall, with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.  Get some little Lincoln.  Can't wait.  

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I feel like our offense is going to be fine. Our guys will come out against someone with a different color jersey and the O line is going to get mean. Then the backs are going to go wild. Then everything cascades from there.

Howard Dean GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3