2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Seems like as much as we're being told the receivers suck and as deep as we're being told we are at DB there would be talk of Schooler going back to receiver. Either the receivers aren't that bad or Schooler's a bad ass safety.

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

It's the latter, I think Schooler may be a surprise all conference type player.

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

He’s doing pretty well

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Schooler is a bad ass safety.  

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Wait a few weeks ago many were saying the safety position was in trouble because there was talk of him starting and how he wasn’t athletic?  Any backing of him was met with, well why did he move to receiver then?  Lol.  I think he’s going to have a great  season!  

image.jpeg.28e723efe09c4ad00fc2d66bc06aef13.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

If Anwar makes his living following and writing articles for Ketch/ $9.95 per month about Texas football and he predicts that we lose to the Ragin' Coonasses', then he should quit his job and beg for a position that involves digging post holes in Burnet.    

Don’t disrespect Burnet like that. They have a Storms for Christ sake 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

These guys are ass. My prediction is that we beat thes guys into a pulp and then the media jumps into overhype/overreaction mode on us.

I totally agree. I think ULaLa, Arky, and Rice will be easy peasy (even if the first two it’s just because Bijan/Roschon/Keilan run for like 400 yds on their shitty run defenses) and then TCU will be the first real game. Just hope by then that whoever the starter is has experienced enough live fire to have their shit together. And that the receivers gain more confidence. ULaLa actually could be a decent rest of the receivers as they have some decent guys in the secondary (so we can figure out if our secondary is just nails or if our receivers actually just suck ass).

• Hook 'Em 2

Fire the dude for having six bad games in six seasons.
I hated those bad games... 
But yes, if you haven't noticed, most winning comes from out talenting the other team.  Look at the teams that win consistently... They consistently have better talent. When the talent level drops off, the winning drops off... in all sports.

When examining Greg Davis’ offenses against defenses with a pulse from 1998-2010, it is below average when compared to other “top” offenses. That is we saw a larger dropoff than offenses that finished in the Top 20 when faced against decent defenses. The exceptions were 2005 and 2008. Greg Davis and Mack Brown’s conservative offenses cost us championships.

While the low-risk playcalling and lazy game planning allowed Mack to coast to 10 wins against outmatched opponents, decent teams could zero in on patterns with impunity. See Mike Stoops.

The really bad part was Mack Brown’s lack of vision and Greg Davis’ limited role in forming a complete offense, optimizing recruiting, etc etc, especially post VY. Early Mack really killed it in recruiting, but the misses added up towards the end and Muschamp, Shipley, and Colt hid a lot of warts.

It’s why we have a paltry number of top end draft picks on that side of the ball from 2007-2015. I included it thru 2015 because how much Mack/Davis set us back.

It’s a head scratcher that we have dickheads on this site that defend the likes of Greg Davis and Bud Adams
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Shit, Eagles had all of like 28 receptions last year and Smith had around 20? Oh and we lost Tariq who got caught from behind by the defender 10 yards behind him that was carrying ctj and Sydney in his jock strap. Our receivers sucked last year. They may suck this year too but they won’t be worse. Moore was our best receiver last year and while he might be a head case, he’s the same dude we trotted out last year. Hopefully we get our guys healthy and they can be better than the suck we had last year - our top 4 receivers combined for around 100 catches for 1500 yards. But yeah, we are going to suck because of our WR group. Holy shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

The opposite of whatever the $9.95 reports say turns out to be true. Per fall camp practice reports, we’ve won 10+ games every year since 2010. During the Strong tenure, I don’t recall a single pay site reporting, “this team is led by a bumblefucking retard. Texas won’t make a bowl game.”

So if there is actual genuine concern being conveyed this year, I’m fucking thrilled. 10+ wins, book it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, cdain3 said:

If we lose to these mfers..........

10 hours ago, Octavian said:

I totally agree. I think ULaLa, Arky, and Rice will be easy peasy (even if the first two it’s just because Bijan/Roschon/Keilan run for like 400 yds on their shitty run defenses) and then TCU will be the first real game. Just hope by then that whoever the starter is has experienced enough live fire to have their shit together. And that the receivers gain more confidence. ULaLa actually could be a decent rest of the receivers as they have some decent guys in the secondary (so we can figure out if our secondary is just nails or if our receivers actually just suck ass).

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Someone's gotta catch the G5 having their golden era every year. They're ranked for a reason.

Louisiana might be good but a lot of stuff went right for them vs Iowa State. First, ULL had their first score was with 4 mins left to go in the first half where they returned a kickoff for a TD. 7-7. Iowa St comes back and scores 14-7. ULL drives and gets a field goal 14-10 ISU at half. Purdy throws a pick on the 15 yard line. ULL gets a punt return for a TD. So it's 24-14 and ULL scores a meaningless TD on 4th and 1 with 15 seconds left.

People who did not watch the game will say that ULL dominated them. In reality ISU had more yard and such, but the 2 turnovers and 2 returns given up killed them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Per IT:

The team will hold its second scrimmage of August camp at 12:30 today.

WR Troy Omeire: Omeire has a sprained knee but it was originally thought to be worse. He’ll miss the scrimmage and some more time after that but should be ready for the first game of the year. He’s had a quiet camp but the feeling is he’s been hindered by his knee brace. IT heard the sprain occurred while he wasn’t wearing the brace.

TE Cade Brewer: IT has heard Brewer will miss today after having his previously injured knee drained. This was described as routine. Brewer has missed a couple practices.

In his place has been freshman Gunnar Helm who continues to receive good reviews.

WR Jordan Whittington: IT expects Whittington to sit out the rest of camp to nurse a hamstring injury. Hamstrings are finicky so this isn’t the best news, especially considering Whittington’s general injury history.

Marcus Washington has had his issues with drops while at Texas, but he has strung together a couple of solid practices. It’s a confidence game with him.

Joshua Moore was back at practice this week.

Wide receiver…..man. I changed my mind, Evan Stewart is the most important recruit in the class.

• Hook 'Em 4