2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

I am. I hate it. I'm the person who harps on conference championships the most on here...

You've changed points, though.  Your claim was Greg Davis should have been fired in the early 2000s when our offenses were rolling. We got shut down offensively in SIX games. I'd kick my sons in their peepees for that production today.

The real reason we've been crap (on offense) is because we've been trotting out a mishmash of freshman QBs and OL and hope. 

I said most, but the answer is all.  Players matter more than coaching. Coaching matters, but players are first. 

This killed me.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

CDC is one of us.

I see some folks complaining about CDC and, on some points, they're right. But I'll be damned if I don't like the guy. He's got that whole refined gentleman thing going for him but I just imagine when he gets home he throws on some sweat pants and a t shirt from an 80's hair band and cracks open a fine domestic beer and just chills out on the couch like Al Bundy. He is a true renaissance man.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Those guys had excellent offer lists. When they all bust, the problem is coaching. 

Not everyone is going to make it.  Bru McCoy was someone we went after.  USC couldn't make him a football player either.   That was on him.  Sometimes coaches miss on players, but if they miss too much, we end up with a team that cannot pick up a short yardage first down against Kansas.   

I see some folks complaining about CDC and, on some points, they're right. But I'll be damned if I don't like the guy. He's got that whole refined gentleman thing going for him but I just imagine when he gets home he throws on some sweat pants and a t shirt from an 80's hair band and cracks open a fine domestic beer and just chills out on the couch like Al Bundy. He is a true renaissance man.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Going after busts like Eagles, Alvonte Woodard, the whiny white boy from Arizona, plus others with glass legs and stone hands will do that to you. 

EAGLES

# 61 overall

#6 in Texas

#10 WR

JOSHUA MOORE

#96 overall

#10 in Texas

#19 WR

WOODARD

#104 overall

#11 in Texas

#20 WR

JAKE SMITH

#49 overall

#2 in Arizona

#8 WR

(Also, FYI, if you just stack ranked them with the current class, based on ranking, our entire current class would be below the guys above.  (Woodard would be tied with Allen, @ #104, I suppose.))

12 minutes ago, Redmen62 said:

Sark has always been able to scheme his most dangerous playmaker open. 

You say this somewhat in jest but in reality, we should have better athletes than ULaLa, and if Sark and the staff are all they’re supposed to be, we should wipe up the field with the Cajuns. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I haven't changed points at all. 98 and 99 you could make that argument, but 01, 03, and 04 no. Like I stated above, we always took the most conservative, unimaginative offense to the Cotton Bowl. Every. Single. Time. OU knew exactly what we were going to do and punished us for it. You played football, you know how a play caller can help you against an overaggressive defense. We did none of that, and that's why OU has 14 titles and we don't.

When you have the level of talent we did from 00-09, you are judged, as a coordinator, by what you do in big games, or at least you should be. Look at our counterparts. OU averaged 37 points per game and fired Josh Heupel. LSU fired Pelini after a single season. Tim Beck was "encouraged" to take the Texas job by Ohio State.

I get it Snacks, all of us would long for the days of going 10-2 again, but that doesn't change the fact that back then we were KNOWN for turtling in big games. Outside of Georgia, no school has done less with more.

You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

You say this somewhat in jest but in reality, we should have better athletes than ULaLa, and if Sark and the staff are all they’re supposed to be, we should wipe up the field with the Cajuns. 

This is such an archaic way of thinking. Yea, the 23rd ranked team in the country must be garbage because their seniors were lowly ranked by Rivals 5 years ago. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1